The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man -

+6
Thinman
God_wore_number5
Frank Black
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
hurdy
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - Empty "The creatures outside looked from pig to man -

Post by hurdy Wed May 21, 2014 11:17 pm

and from man to pig and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

TBAR promised not to be 'like' other forums with debate encouraged and without overly officious moderators.

Why then so many altered threads?

Disappearing posts?

The introduction of 'the Troll' section.

TBAR = VT
hurdy
hurdy

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - 0_star10

Back to top Go down

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - Empty Re: "The creatures outside looked from pig to man -

Post by Villa_Dan Thu May 22, 2014 6:38 am

Why are you still here then?

Another entirely pointless topic. Well done  Bash
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - 4_star10

Back to top Go down

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - Empty Re: "The creatures outside looked from pig to man -

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 am

Wow another awesome thread - if you don't like it then stop posting - people who are able to debate a point and not pull a poster apart are welcome. It's not difficult to grasp.

However, thanks for the thread - all the take of pigs makes me wanna kill for a bacon sandwich lathered in butter and sauce.  
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 am

As it happens membership has grown nicely this week even though we had the unfortunate incident of admin jumping the gun -the site is not about itk it is about decent villa fans having a friendly place to come and discuss all things villa and other issues be they football or off topic in a decent environment .

Sadly we have attracted a few idiots from other sites and they will be weeded out - we will not allow trolls to spoil the good work done and upset the decent membership on here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 7:03 am

This looks like someone is disappointed that the site has not folded over the last week. If you are waiting for that to happen, don't hold your breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Black Thu May 22, 2014 7:51 am

@GodzoneVilla wrote:Wow another awesome thread - if you don't like it then stop posting - people who are able to debate a point and not pull a poster apart are welcome. It's not difficult to grasp.

However, thanks for the thread - all the take of pigs makes me wanna kill for a bacon sandwich lathered in butter and sauce.  

Butter on a bacon butty. That's a thread in its own right. I like butter and I like bacon, but the thought of a buttered bacon butty turns my tummy.

My missus tells me it's something southerners do. (I am aware that the use of 'tummy' makes me sound aged 10 or 80)
Frank Black

Back to top Go down

Post by God_wore_number5 Thu May 22, 2014 8:15 am

@Frank Black wrote:
@GodzoneVilla wrote:Wow another awesome thread - if you don't like it then stop posting - people who are able to debate a point and not pull a poster apart are welcome. It's not difficult to grasp.

Butter on a bacon butty. That's a thread in its own right. I like butter and I like bacon, but the thought of a buttered bacon butty turns my tummy.

My missus tells me it's something southerners do. (I am aware that the use of 'tummy' makes me sound aged 10 or 80)

You heathen  lol!  you always butter the bread and has to be brown sauce. All this talk of sandwiches is making me hungry, would love a B.E.S.T right now
God_wore_number5
God_wore_number5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 am

@God_wore_number5 wrote:
@Frank Black wrote:

You heathen  lol!  you always butter the bread and has to be brown sauce. All this talk of sandwiches is making me hungry, would love a B.E.S.T right now
On crusty bread !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 am

Oh yes a thick crusty baguette style loaf split length ways coated in butter and warmed ever so slightly so the butter just starts melting. Whack on loads of bacon that just before the cripsy state. Let the bacon fat mix with the butter and swathe it in brown sauce..

Mmmmmmmmmmmm
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 am

@hurdy wrote: and from man to pig and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

TBAR promised not to be 'like' other forums with debate encouraged and without overly officious moderators.

Disappearing posts?

TBAR = VT
We are not like other forums, as you will see from the posts above. The problem that a few people are having is that we wont allow people to descend into personal insults or allow this forum to be a platform for firing bullets at other places. Those are the posts that get removed, after a request to move it, and the poster gets put in the Troll bin. The vast majority of members are here because they like the environment we have created and agree with our principles of fairness. We know some are here to cause strife and stir things up in an attempt to derail what we are trying to do. The TBAR team are learning how to run this place and have made and will make mistakes, when we do we admit it and try to learn and move on. The TBAR team do not take unilateral action against a poster unless left with no choice, then the issue is debated and the action taken is examined and if needed voted on.
There are lots of posts out there where the poster has had a pop at Admin or this site and it has been left, just like your post above. If we really were the thought police then it would have been deleted and you would have been banned by now.
As with most things in life you have a choice to be here or not, you are certainly not handcuffed to this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 am

Starving now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu May 22, 2014 10:20 am

@GodzoneVilla wrote:Oh yes a thick crusty baguette style loaf split length ways coated in butter and warmed ever so slightly so the butter just starts melting. Whack on loads of bacon that just before the cripsy state. Let the bacon fat mix with the butter and swathe it in brown sauce..

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Disgusting perverts!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO butter. Very Happy 
Thinman
Thinman

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Thu May 22, 2014 10:23 am

@GodzoneVilla wrote:Oh yes a thick crusty baguette style loaf split length ways coated in butter and warmed ever so slightly so the butter just starts melting. Whack on loads of bacon that just before the cripsy state. Let the bacon fat mix with the butter and swathe it in brown sauce..

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I've got dribble all down the front of my shirt now
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 10:31 am

Cheese cob with a hot sausage roll squeezed inside so the cheese melts.

Back to top Go down

Post by God_wore_number5 Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 am

The Bald Eagle wrote:Cheese cob with a hot sausage roll squeezed inside so the cheese melts.

sounds epic
God_wore_number5
God_wore_number5

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 pm

For any of you brave enough to try my favourite bacon sandwich…
2 Toast, with butter on 1 piece and a smidge of strawberry jam on the other.
Crispy smoked bacon is best… mmmmmm
prmort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Faggot and pea batches please :)

Back to top Go down

Post by God_wore_number5 Thu May 22, 2014 3:19 pm

@prmort wrote:For any of you brave enough to try my favourite bacon sandwich…
2 Toast, with butter on 1 piece  and a smidge of strawberry jam on the other.

not quite bacon sandwich but i've seen the same done with a hot dog and enjoyed that. something to do with the sweet and salty complementing each other
God_wore_number5
God_wore_number5

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 pm

I've just had cumberland sausages, smoked bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and hot buttered toast. I'm sat here finishing off with an Americano and rich tea biscuit. It's a great life.
villabromsgrove

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man - 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:24 pm

I am vegetarian, just get me some toast or a muffin...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Fergal wrote:I am vegetarian, just get me some toast or a muffin...

You have had more than enough muffin to last a lifetime Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 3:26 pm

I know but I don't think that counts as meat...

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 pm

@hurdy wrote: and from man to pig and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

Disappearing posts?

TBAR = VT

What the fuck is this clown on about? What disappearing threads and deleted posts?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Well, now he has something to moan about because this section has suddenly disappeared for him.

Fucking trolls.  Rolling Eyes 
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Thu May 22, 2014 4:04 pm

@God_wore_number5 wrote:
@prmort wrote:For any of you brave enough to try my favourite bacon sandwich…
2 Toast, with butter on 1 piece  and a smidge of strawberry jam on the other.

not quite bacon sandwich but i've seen the same done with a hot dog and enjoyed that. something to do with the sweet and salty complementing each other

Works the same as apple on pork and cranberry on turkey.
Sounds mad but isn't.
prmort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum