The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa sale- alternative view

+7
Roncrete
CI
Villa 1957
Texas_Mike
initforthevilla
villashrew
Finn07
11 posters

Go down

Villa sale- alternative view Empty Villa sale- alternative view

Post by Finn07 Sun May 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Nowhere in the news media does it state that Paul Lambert has been dismissed.mrepeat, nowhere. The sale itself- Lerner is asking £200-£250M for the club. Taking into account that serious investment needs to be made, contract bought out, compensation paid, there's not going to be much change from £300M.

So , names of prospective buyers, excluding the fantasy list dreamt up on various fora. Errrrrmmmm, that would be none then. I honestly believe that the start of next season cold well be with Lener still at the helm and Lambert his trusty manager.

Lambert has done Lerner's bidding and has taken all the flak. Lender has consistently stated that Lambert has his backing. So, notwithstanding The possibility that Lambert gets the dreaded "backing of the board", it could be no change whatsoever next season. Is this all bad? No, Lambert has cut costs consistently and may now get a decent budget to work with. Remember how excited we were when he came- young hungry manager with ambition!

Finn07

Villa sale- alternative view 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa sale- alternative view Empty Re: Villa sale- alternative view

Post by villashrew Mon May 19, 2014 2:05 am

Not trying to be a grammer Nazi or pedantic but SERIOUSLY? Did you honestly feel that this warranted it's own thread? I am quite sure the content of this is being discussed in many other threads so go add your discourse to any of them. Sorry but I am too old at 41 to read pissed off school kids ideals on how the world should be run.
villashrew
villashrew

Villa sale- alternative view 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by initforthevilla Mon May 19, 2014 11:21 am

I think it's a fair comment Finn and I think Villashrew's comment is in line with his usual ranting raving bollocks.
initforthevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas_Mike Mon May 19, 2014 2:49 pm

villashrew wrote:Not trying to be a grammer Nazi or pedantic but SERIOUSLY? Did you honestly feel that this warranted it's own thread? I am quite sure the content of this is being discussed in many other threads so go add your discourse to any of them. Sorry but I am too old at 41 to read pissed off school kids ideals on how the world should be run.

Good grief.... I don't think a perfectly harmless comment deserved such a response.
Texas_Mike
Texas_Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa 1957 Mon May 19, 2014 3:35 pm

I thought there was a policy on TBAR of not attacking the poster?
Villa 1957

Back to top Go down

Post by CI Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm

I think we are light years away from new ownership
CI
CI

Back to top Go down

Post by Roncrete Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 pm

CI wrote:I think we are light years away from new ownership

I think we are light years away from a friendly forum.
Roncrete
Roncrete

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn07 Mon May 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Texas_Mike wrote:
villashrew wrote:Not trying to be a grammer Nazi or pedantic but SERIOUSLY? Did you honestly feel that this warranted it's own thread? I am quite sure the content of this is being discussed in many other threads so go add your discourse to any of them. Sorry but I am too old at 41 to read pissed off school kids ideals on how the world should be run.

Good grief.... I don't think a perfectly harmless comment deserved such a response.

Did I think my post deserved a new thread, well yes, that's why Inposted it. Perhaps it was my "grammar" that offended? Jeez, that university education was clearly wasted. I do apologise for expressing an opinion which hadn't been expressed elsewhere, but at 52 I'm too old to be bothered by pedants with a poor grasp of language and communication.
Finn07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Finn. Why do you think Lambert will get a decent budget to work with? I can't see Lerner giving him much at all. All this, of course, if the sale doesn't go through, in which case there will be no Lambert at Villa Park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manni Di Presso Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:Finn. Why do you think Lambert will get a decent budget to work with? I can't see Lerner giving him much at all. All this, of course, if the sale doesn't go through, in which case there will be no Lambert at Villa Park.

Exactly. If RL was cutting back in recent years, there is no way he is going to take risks now that we are up for sale/being sold. After all, this is a transitional period to beat all the other transitional periods we have endured into a cocked hat. This is the mother of all transitional periods.

A modest transfer chest and a sight loosening of the wages cap are most likely.

We limp on again.
Manni Di Presso
Manni Di Presso

Back to top Go down

Post by CI Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Any news then ?
CI
CI

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Tue May 20, 2014 5:46 am

Imo we should just go for frees and loans of better quality thus no outlay for randy the wage bill can cope and it shouls safeguard mid table mediocrity till sold...... thoughts?
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 6:11 am

Zidane wrote:Imo we should just go for frees and loans of better quality thus no  outlay for randy the wage bill can cope and it shouls safeguard mid table mediocrity till sold...... thoughts?

That will be guaranteed to take us down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn07 Tue May 20, 2014 6:45 am

The wage bill has been reduced massively. One of MON's legacies was a number of players on very good contracts. Lerner instructed Lambert to reduce that bill- very public knowledge.

Lerner is sticking by Lambert, for now, as Lambert did exactly as Lerner wanted. Dispensing with a number of those huge contracts has now given Lambert a decent budget that Lerner doesn't need to supplement with his huge personal wealth (estimated to be $1.5Bilion- rich people don't stay rich by giving money away).

Of some concern is that Leicester have (allegedly) offered Albrighton £35k per week and Villa don't appear to want to match that. Frankly that looks a bit desperate on Leicestershire part. Lambert may feel that Albrighton isn't worth it- I would concur.

With no sale imminent why would Lambert get rid of a manager that has proved very loyal?

Btw look's like summer is over as it's raining :-)
Finn07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 am

The wage bill has been reduced, agreed. However, what are we left with? A piss poor squad, now supplemented by the lumbering and bone idle Darren Bent.
Lerner has retained Lambert for one reason alone, to avoid paying compensation.
It is not good work on Lerner's part. He has signalled a disastrous forthcoming season. Those of us who sat through every minute of every game last season know that another year like that will see us go down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:33 am

So much for the Bright Future, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:43 am

Grammar and spelling have no bearing on the subject matter, the grammar police can take the rest of the year off. Please debate the issue and not the poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Zidane wrote:Imo we should just go for frees and loans of better quality thus no  outlay for randy the wage bill can cope and it shouls safeguard mid table mediocrity till sold...... thoughts?

Possibly, but it's worth remembering that frees aren't free. They always get a big signing on fee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn07 Tue May 20, 2014 8:31 pm

With only a year left on hs contract, Compensation for Lambert would be minimal.
Finn07

Back to top Go down

Post by jfeathero Tue May 27, 2014 12:47 pm

I dont know, me feeling is that there must be something going on. Only £15m transfer funds is incredibly low given that we need a new squad. In Randys statement he said the squad needed investment to stay in the Premiership.

Would he really risk relegation next season if he wants to sell up for £200m?

If Randy didnt see a buyer on the horizon he'd be investing £30m and adding that onto our price tag just to stay up until the end of next season. £15m suggest he wants us to get on with strengthening while something goes through.
jfeathero

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed May 28, 2014 11:20 am

I think this is just 'wishful thinking' on the OP's part.

Another season like the last couple is all we have to look forward to - unless Lambert, Lerner, or (preferably) both, depart asap.
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Deano69 wrote:Another season like the last couple is all we have to look forward to - unless Lambert, Lerner, or (preferably) both, depart asap.

At best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down