The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up

Go down

Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up Empty Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm so effing annoyed about it. It's the principle of it all. Four home wins all seasons and they have the shear brass neck to do this.

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up Empty Re: Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I'm so effing annoyed about it.  It's the principle of it all. Four home wins all seasons  and they have the shear brass neck to do this.
How much per win?
How much per goal?

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up Empty Re: Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:33 pm

To be honest, and I know this is going to sound vastly contrited, but I don't really miss it that much sadly.

I was a season ticket holder for nigh on a decade and I've seen us win trophys (not many granted!), the good seasons and the bad seasons. I loved watching the games live, and I loved the atmosphere.

What I couldn't stand was the almost constant dicking around of fixtures so that I couldn't guarantee I'd be able to attend some of the home games, the fuss of parking and the massive financial outlay in order to pick up one a season ticket.

I also struggle now with Saturdays and work - seldom do I get days off on a Saturday as I'm normally doing skiing flights in winter. I struggle with midweek because I'm either on a late finishing after 10pm, or getting up at 4:30 in the morning and it's too late for me.

It's rather sad to see the prices go up again. Out of interest, how do we compare to:

a/ The other premier league clubs?
b/ Other clubs around Europe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Not sure how we stack up against others but whatever we pay is ridiculous as the amount of cash coming into the game should mean that they are a couple of hundred quid a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm

I think what did me was when someone pointed out that I would have to buy a season ticket for 185 years to pay the Tumbling Bear one weeks wages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Lizard Licker wrote:a/ The other premier league clubs?
b/ Other clubs around Europe?

I remember reading a few years ago that we were amongst the cheapest in the premier league. Problem with that is that cheapest in the premier league isn't particularly cheap in real terms, especially compared to clubs in other countries. This article is a year old but I don't think much has changed since then: http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/17/football-ticket-prices-premier-league-europe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Good job the product has been improving in line.

Modern football is quite hard to get enthusiastic about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:30 pm

I heard last week that the Arse were asking about 45 notes for their Chumps League home tie against Bayern Munich. Because of the way the club is structured, Bayern were able to subsidise their traveling fans - charging them the equivalent of around 25 quid a ticket. I believe that may also have included a portion of the travel cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 pm

They never used to give us the chance to buy season tickets early when we were doing well. At this rate, they will be offering a five year season ticket for the price of six, like I bought at Edgbaston.
I don't blame the ticket office people. This is being forced on them by the board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 am

My membership at St George Dragons (NRL) with tickets for 14 games is $175 for the season (so about £120).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:31 am

Oh, and with that you get the usual discounts on stuff, also get to go to exclusive member only events, including after the match when the players come into the club associated with that game for a beer/chat with the fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:30 am

Our seats in P8 have gone up to £335, from £295 and £315 (I think) for the last two seasons respectively. It is better than £615 in our old spot in B3 and has saved us considerably. However, I don't see how they have the gall to increase them at all. Cost of living rise would have been a tenner. I don't know why they don't carry a bucket round so we can make more donations to Lerner's pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 am

Holtender1982 wrote:
Chris Harte wrote:I'm so effing annoyed about it.  It's the principle of it all. Four home wins all seasons  and they have the shear brass neck to do this.
How much per win?
How much per goal?

That's an interesting question.

Going off what Jon paid for his current season ticket, he's forked out (so far) £78.75 per win and almost £20 per goal.

In comparison, Liverpool's most expensive season tickets are (I believe) £850.
That equates to (so far) £70.80 per win and a few pennies over £20 per goal.

Not dissimilar ratios. Draw your own conclusions as to who gets the better bang for their entertainment buck.
Trotters
Trotters

Season Tickets 2014/15 - They've gone up 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 am

Well I paid £490 last season for 4 wins and sixteen (?) goals so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Trotters wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:
How much per win?
How much per goal?

Going off what Jon paid for his current season ticket, he's forked out (so far) £78.75 per win and almost £20 per goal.

Not dissimilar ratios. Draw your own conclusions as to who gets the better bang for their entertainment buck.

We got our money's worth yesterday. It doesn't happen very often.
If you look at P8, without the cash back, it is £17.63 for each match next season. There are quite a few blocks with this offer next season. Get in early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:16 pm

Trotters wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:
How much per win?
How much per goal?

It's about entertainment as well but if we figured that into the equation it would get even worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Might go halves with two with another couple, share the tickets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Well, I renewed my season ticket this morning. £510 minus what was left of my Villa Cash. Sales for next season are going well, apparently, which did surprise me. I mentioned this to the sales clerk who said something along the lines of "it ain't been great" - I was thinking serious understatement.

Let's hope it improves next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Glutton for punishment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Yep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Chris Harte wrote:Well, I renewed my season ticket this morning. £510 minus what was left of my Villa Cash. Sales for next season are going well, apparently, which did surprise me. I mentioned this to the sales clerk who said something along the lines of "it ain't been great" - I was thinking serious understatement.

Let's hope it improves next season.

Maybe he was putting on a brave face - i daresay if things are going badly they would rather not let on .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down