The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park

+6
LVBrit
deadbuzz
Army villain
VillaBill
Dazzle
Saunders82
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park

Post by FoxyAV Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Dazzle wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I'm now wondering if we'd be better with Green on the right. He's faster and more unpredictable, plus he gets back to defend like Adomah does. Or do we stick to the starting line-up from Saturday, with Whelan doing the defensive stuff, and bring on Green or Hourihane later on if all's going well?

One thing we've seen from Smith is he doesn't like to park the bus, he goes for it, and that's going to give West Brom something to think about.

I just hope some of the training today involves one or more of our attacking players tearing off down the pitch the moment Steer gets hold of the ball - that could give them a proper headache! Sure, he doesn't appear to be that precise (although I remember seeing him a few years ago and thinking how much more accurate he was than Guzan, although saying that Guzan was terrible) but we're probably going to be doing more in the counter attack than we were on Saturday.

I’m not sure why you think we’ll be doing more on the counter attack? We don’t play that way, we generally get the lions share of possession. Seeing how WBA approached the game on Saturday I cannot see that they have the midfield or front men to boss us with possession. I honestly think their only hope is to play the same again and hope that we make mistakes in the atmosphere of their own ground. We’ve shown good batting qualities at Elland Road and the pig sty this season, not forgetting away at Rotherham either. It’ll be interesting to see what WBA do without Gayle or Robson-Kanu to call on? I assume that they’ll go with Rodriguez as the lone front man, not sure they have any other striker to throw into the mix? We’d have to have quite an off day to (a) concede a couple of goals (b) not score any goals.
Honestly, I think WBA have to try and be as tight at the back again. They’ll know the danger that lays in wait if they take men away from Grealish & McGinn. They basically played 5 at the back with a defensive midfield 4 on Saturday. We should be confident.

Why not? You've seen how under Smith our goalies have been quick to get to their feet and looking to move the ball out ASAP? All it takes is one or two runners alert to what's going on and there's a chance there. I'm fully expecting us to be under a lot of pressure, with them pressing very high.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park

Post by jeffvilla Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Anyone bricking it yet?
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue May 14, 2019 4:40 pm

jeffvilla wrote:Anyone bricking it yet?

Hell yes - don't think I can cope with the misery of the morning after.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Tue May 14, 2019 5:02 pm

A lot's riding on it, which is obviously stating the obvious, but when you put it into words and state that tonight's result will be the difference between the team going to wembly for the play-off final, or spending a fourth season in the championship then it really drives it home. Not only that but the future of Grealish could be riding on the match as well, if we lose it will probably be his last game for the club, not just him but a number of our other players too.

I have a dreaded sense of ill ease about it all, not confident.

deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Match thread PLAY OFF Semi Final 1st leg v WBA Saturday 11th May Villa Park - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2