The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm

We need to win these two games we've got coming up, and no excuses, do that and things might be looking better for us. It won't be easy though, surprised to read that QPR have the fourth best home record in the division, and it looks like Tuesday is going to be Coleman's first game in charge at Sunderland.
deadbuzzardalive

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We need to win these two games we've got coming up, and no excuses, do that and things might be looking better for us. It won't be easy though, surprised to read that QPR have the fourth best home record in the division, and it looks like Tuesday is going to be Coleman's first game in charge at Sunderland.

Have you seen Coleman's club record? Whether he's their manager or not, We must be going into that game with the intention of picking up all three points. It's not just a manager issue at that club...the personnel is very much lacking aswell.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:00 am

It's not so much that I think Coleman is a good manager, it's just with it being is first game, no doubt their players will have a spring their step that they otherwise wouldn't have had, and will try harder than they have been.

The fans are excited by the appointment (seems improbable, but they'd resigned themselves to someone like McCoist or O'Shea, getting the job) as well, which can have it's affect, although with that in mind it's lucky we're at home rather than away.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:23 am

I think the striker limitation may actually do is a favour: when Bruce has been forced into a selection and a way of playing, we've not done too badly.

I'm happy with Davis up top on his own with the midfield bombing through.

1-0 Villa with us hitting the woodwork twice.
Trotters
Trotters

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:20 am

People talking about McKirdy getting a call up, but I'm not so sure that will happen myself, he's never been picked in the past not even for the league cup games. If someone gets a chance from the reserves I think it might be Blackett-Taylor.

Bruce will see Adomah as another striker option as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:43 am

A little bit of all our yesterdays, but I remember when we last got out of the then 2nd Division AKA Championship, Man U were walking away with it and we had been much of a muchness before Christmas, everyone was despondent but after Christmas from out of nowhere we went on an unbeaten run Man U just managed to hang on to top spot but we pushed them hard. Keep the faith it aint over till its over, we have the squad they just need to show it, some of these teams at the top will have a bad spell, we just need to be ready to take advantage. UTV Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:44 am

No point having this thread with Steve Bruce as manager. Will never happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Joppe84 wrote:No point having this thread with Steve Bruce as manager. Will never happen.

Another 3 points away to a team that has only lost once at home, they have also beaten some top teams, keep the chin up Joppe you never know what can happen, I know it might not be pretty and that you and the rest of us expect a bit more style, but we don't know what is around the corner. UTV
Saunders82
Saunders82

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 pm

I've just seen that we are only seven points better off than we were at this stage last season, we've conceded one less goal, and scored six more. That bad start we had when Bruce dropped Hourihane for Bacuna and was playing Elmohamady instead of Adomah on the wing, has really cost us.

But to put a more positive slant on it, after seventeen games last season Huddersfield, as we are now, were on twenty-nine points, and they of course went on to be promoted.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've just seen that we are only seven points better off than we were at this stage last season, we've conceded one less goal, and scored six more. That bad start we had when Bruce dropped Hourihane for Bacuna and was playing Elmohamady instead of Adomah on the wing, has really cost us.

But to put a more positive slant on it, after seventeen games last season Huddersfield, as we are now, were on twenty-nine points, and they of course went on to be promoted.

Yes we are doing better than last year but IMO we have still under performed so far and should have been comfortably sitting in the top two? Hopefully Coleman will have the same start and bounce as Moyes? I suspect he will as I don't rate the guy at all he is another Southgate or Moyes in fact!

I still worry that similar to last year we will go through a long slump at some point this season ourselves? Never mind other teams!
DelboyVilla

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've just seen that we are only seven points better off than we were at this stage last season, we've conceded one less goal, and scored six more. That bad start we had when Bruce dropped Hourihane for Bacuna and was playing Elmohamady instead of Adomah on the wing, has really cost us.

Yes we are doing better than last year but IMO we have still under performed so far and should have been comfortably sitting in the top two? Hopefully Coleman will have the same start and bounce as Moyes? I suspect he will as I don't rate the guy at all he is another Southgate or Moyes in fact!

I still worry that similar to last year we will go through a long slump at some point this season ourselves? Never mind other teams!

I console myself that I don't think we have remotely reached our potential of a squad and a team yet!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Sheffield United have lost Coutts for the rest of the season. Apparently he's pretty much their best player, and a lot of their play goes through him, so we'll have to see how that affects their season. They've a couple of home games coming up which I guess they should win, but if not, together with this injury news, it could affect their confidence going forward.

But of course it will mean nothing if we don't win our matches.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Some interesting games coming up in the next few days.

Wolves Vs Leeds

This is a cracker imo and one where any of the three results could suit us. Leeds were Wolves early in this season and getting praised by all and sundry before they went to Millwall and got beat which sparked a collapse. They looked back to their best yesterday though as they beat Boro and I think if anyone is gonna win at Wolves, it's these lot. But, if Wolves win again it will simply keep Leeds off our backs so I'd be happy either way.

Sheff Utd vs Fulham

With Utd losing one of their best players it's gonna be interesting to see how they cope. Coutts was pulling all the strings in the middle of the park so that news of him being out could really hurt them. Meanwhile, Fulham are desperate for a result now to try and get going. They really should have beaten Derby on Saturday tbh because they had a plethora of chances to do so. But the way they keep the ball, I think Utd could drop points here if they aren't careful.

Barnsley vs Cardiff

At first glance, you'd give this to Cardiff, but we would have said the same thing when they went to the Sty, wouldn't we? This is a potential slip up for Cardiff I think. A cold night in Barnsley with their crowd right behind them.

Bristol City vs Preston

Preston were flying earlier in the season but have collapsed a little lately. Tbf they did have a lot of injuries, especially to their defence but they got a clean sheet in their last game against Bolton, whilst most of their attacking talent is Ok to play so this is one game where hopefully the real Preston will turn up. Because if they do there is no doubt that they could nick something here.

Ipswich vs Sheffield Wednesday

Again we can't lose with this one. I think a draw would be great as it would keep both of them well behind us. Although a Wednesday win wouldn't be too bad either as it would dent Ipswich's confidence before they come to Villa Park.

Nottingham Forest vs Norwich

Norwich were on a great run alongside us just a few weeks ago. Conceding very little and win a bunch of games after a very bad start. They appear to have gone quiet again though although a few wins would put them right back in the mix. A draw here wouldn't be bad for us I think as Forest could get into the mix with a few wins too.

Derby Vs QPR

Derby are a decent little side tbh. They pass the ball well and are well drilled like Gary Rowett always has his teams. Would be great if QPR could nick something here though. They were utterly outplayed on Saturday but as we've seen with their results, they can beat anyone on their day.

Boro vs Birmingham

This is the only game that I'm certain one of our rivals will win. Yes, the noses won on Saturday but they've also beaten Cardiff and Wednesday, only to mess things up again. And with this being away from home I'd be surprised if Boro slip up here.

So all in all, there will be slip-ups from some teams behind us for sure. It's just a matter of whether the teams infront of us follow suit. And whether we can take care of business ourselves.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 pm

I'd like Leeds to beat Wolves, the table will look much better if we can close the gap on them to six points.

But think we might have better luck with Sheffield United and Barnsley getting wins: Barnsley are on twenty points with a game in hand, and have won two and drawn two in their last four game, so not doing all that bad all things considered, they're pretty decent at home as well.

Fulham, are capable of beating Sheffield United, but we'll have to see.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Well there was big results tonight.

Fulham put five past Utd and just about cling on for the win

Cardiff annoyingly nick a late win at Barnsley

Derby beat QPR to move into the top six

Bristol slip up at home to Preston

Norwich lose at Forest

So all in all the only disappointing result was the Cardiff one. Utd are a decent unit but they are always gonna slip up every now and then and it's great that we took advantage. Same with Bristol, the longer this season goes the more the pressure will start to get to some teams imo. We just need to keep pushing and keep chipping away whenever a chance presents itself.

Tomorrow's game between Wolves and Leeds now takes on a new importance. Can Leeds do us a favour? Let's hope so.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 pm

This Wolves slump doesn't look like materializing anytime soon, they're all over Leeds and winning 2-0, already. For their good players, I think Nuno is the main difference for them, has them extremely well drilled

Middlesbrough as you'd expect are beating small heath.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Wolves 4-1 up leeds had a man sent off at 60 mins.
Would prefer Ipswich to be drawing but it's great to see the snotnoses losing again, fucking joke of a club.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Promotion discussion thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 pm

If Wolves get through Xmas and January in the top 2 then they'll piss it. I'm expecting them to wobble at some point but fuck me they look a team right now
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Sheff wed scored at the death so keeps Ipswich pegged back in the table
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 pm

I saw a stat earlier that Ipswich, haven't won a single point this season from any teams in the top ten, lets hope that continues on Saturday.

On Wolves, they look to be this year's Newcastle, I think they'll definitely finish in the top two, as I can't see two out of the chasing pack overhauling them. Six points clear of third place, and their next three games are against, Bolton, small heath, and Sunderland.

All we can do is win as many games as possible and hope it's enough to get us into the top two.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:00 pm

Leeds certainly seem to have dropped away but fair play to Wolves they pulverised them, something we seem totally incapable of doing to any side let alone a half decent one!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:43 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I saw a stat earlier that Ipswich, haven't won a single point this season from any teams in the top ten, lets hope that continues on Saturday.

On Wolves, they look to be this year's Newcastle, I think they'll definitely finish in the top two, as I can't see two out of the chasing pack overhauling them. Six points clear of third place, and their next three games are against, Bolton, small heath, and Sunderland.

All we can do is win as many games as possible and hope it's enough to get us into the top two.

I wouldn't go that far yet as Newcastle were going away from home and beating the likes of QPR 6-0. Tonight they blitzed Leeds in the first half but then Leeds were all over them in the second half until the young lad got sent off. After that, it was game over. You'd expect them to keep winning for now but funny enough Bolton have not been beaten in five games and play 532 which is a system that has given Wolves problems because they cannot out-number teams in the middle of the park with their wingbacks bombing forward. What we have to see is how they cope with the congested fixture list over the next eight weeks or so. Most of their foreign players will be used to a winter break. But that ain't happening here and they've been playing virtually the same eleven game after game. Soon enough they will run out of steam imo but of course the longer it takes, the less likely it seems.

We've just got to stay focused on one target at a time. The next target is to get to third spot and then target the second spot. That's all that matters right now and Cardiff are at Forest on Sunday so Saturday gives us a big opportunity to put pressure on them and reduce the gap to two points.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:34 am

To be fair the birmingham game could be a bit of a banana skin for Wolves, and Sunderland might yet see some new manager bounce once their players return from injury, Bolton on a good run as well, as you say.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:14 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:To be fair the birmingham game could be a bit of a banana skin for Wolves, and Sunderland might yet see some new manager bounce once their players return from injury, Bolton on a good run as well, as you say.

Tbh you might be right about the Birmingham game you know. Just checked their results and was surprised to see they've only lost twice at home and have beaten Bristol, Cardiff and Wednesday, whilst also having a draw against us aswell. But in order to pull off a result they'll have to get the sty rocking and the likes of Jota, Adams, Magomah etc will have to stand up and be counted.

Also just checked Bolton's recent run and was stunned to see they haven't lost in SEVEN games. Ironically who was the last team to beat them? The mighty Villa!!!. And even in that game you could see the confidence start to flow through them the longer the game went on. Since then they've beaten Norwich and Wednesday, and have gone mightily close to beating Fulham, QPR and Reading. They've got Henry and Pratley in the middle of the park, two workhorses who get stuck in. Just have to hope they can put up a fight.

This weekend we play before Sheff Utd and Cardiff, just have to pray that we can hold our nerve and get those three points to pile the pressure on them.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:00 am

Just reading through an Everton forum after their demolition 1-5 at home to a 13th in seria A Atalanta side. Got to thinking imagine next season if Everton, West Ham and West Brom all got relegated! Nope I think we really have to get out of this division this season as whoever drops is possibly stronger than the 3 who arrived this season.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next