The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

+27
Dazzle
WendyOz
DelboyVilla
Villa Ranger
4BetLite
Wriggle
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
mefromhere
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
smetro
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
Thinman
danclare82
Boldfinger
NARLA24
AstonThriller
Wookster
Trotters
achilles
De Kuip
Jae1411
debandit
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Are we going to win this game or be massively pissed off?

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_lcap59%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 13 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_lcap14%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 Empty Re: Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:25 am

4BetLite wrote:This is the team for forest for me, high intensity, ball on the ground, smart thinking and movement, get it done boys 4-1-3-2 ftw........

Johnson
Bree Chester Baker Taylor
Jedi
Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

I'm giving that 3 a run in the middle to see if they can click and give Amavi a break to work on his thinking.

I want wingers.

Johnson
Bacuna Chester Baker Taylor
Green/Grealish Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

Back to top Go down

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 Empty Re: Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on

Post by 4BetLite Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:27 am

Joppe84 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:This is the team for forest for me, high intensity, ball on the ground, smart thinking and movement, get it done boys 4-1-3-2 ftw........

Johnson
Jedi
Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

I'm giving that 3 a run in the middle to see if they can click and give Amavi a break to work on his thinking.

I want wingers.

Johnson
Hogan JK

fuck bacuna
4BetLite
4BetLite

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:48 am

Cha Ching wrote:So on to Forest and based on last nights debacle we should see another three debutants.

It was dire last night, disorganised beyond belief. I'm going to try and remain positive and say/hope that with more days together on the training ground and on the pitch that this lot will get there. Three players "stood out" as poor last night, those being the RB, LB, and GK. We have new and alternative players to fill two of those positions, they should be utilised for the Forest game. Hutton really needs to have played his last game for Villa, he really offers absolutely nothing. He is defensively a liability and unsettles the CBs, and offers nothing moving forward. For all his lack of experience Bree cannot be a worse option. Amavi also has been poor, poor since Calderwood has arrived and those £25m rumours..........I think others here have mentioned that performances have worsened generally since Calderwoods arrival, possibly coincidental after a new manager bounce? However, that new manger now has his own players and team. Results soon need to be seen. For me we looked completely under prepared last night, it looked like we had no idea about Jota or Vibe and thus no idea how to cope with them, they had the freedom of the park and that never changed. For me we perhaps should be looking at starting 4-4-2/4-3-3 away at Forest, and I'd go with something like;

......................................Johnstone...................................
Bree..............Chester.............................Baker...............Taylor
.....................................Jedinak.......................................
....................Hourihane.......................Bananason.................
..................... ...............Lansbury.....................................
.....................Hogan............................Kodjia.....................

The front "5" have to press the opposition and put them under pressure, starting with Hogan and Kodjia not allowing the opposition defenders to walk the ball up to the halfway line, press them in the defensive third.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:58 am

Spot on for me that line up Dazzle
De Kuip
De Kuip

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:59 am

4BetLite wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

Johnson
Jedi
Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

I want wingers.

Johnson
Hogan JK

fuck bacuna

He's alright at RB methinks. But Bree deserves a run I guess. I just can't handle Hutton anymore. Amavi is on pretty thin ice as well IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:39 am

Amavi is basically Hutton with a turn of pace. Positionally he's all over the shop and he's pretty lightweight too. He's much too easily knocked off the ball for a defender in my view. Think of all the successful fullbacks in the Prem and they are all really tough to knock off the ball... Amavi isn't. His turn of pace is impressive and often gets him out of sticky situations (largely ones he creates himself incidentally) but he just goes missing and his decision making is more of "PANIC" than composed decision making.

All in all he's a liability in my eyes.

As for the shambles last night it looked like the midfield had never played together before and i think Brentford played it right in just going for us knowing we would lack cohesion..and it worked very well. I just hope we get it right for Saturday at Forest else it is definitely 100% season over for me... At this point it's 95% over sadly as judging by that last night there ain't a cat in hells chance this lot will gel in time to make a challenge this year.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Dazzle wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:So on to Forest and based on last nights debacle we should see another three debutants.

It was dire last night, disorganised beyond belief. I'm going to try and remain positive and say/hope that with more days together on the training ground and on the pitch that this lot will get there. Three players "stood out" as poor last night, those being the RB, LB, and GK. We have new and alternative players to fill two of those positions, they should be utilised for the Forest game. Hutton really needs to have played his last game for Villa, he really offers absolutely nothing. He is defensively a liability and unsettles the CBs, and offers nothing moving forward. For all his lack of experience Bree cannot be a worse option. Amavi also has been poor, poor since Calderwood has arrived and those £25m rumours..........I think others here have mentioned that performances have worsened generally since Calderwoods arrival, possibly coincidental after a new manager bounce? However, that new manger now has his own players and team. Results soon need to be seen. For me we looked completely under prepared last night, it looked like we had no idea about Jota or Vibe and thus no idea how to cope with them, they had the freedom of the park and that never changed. For me we perhaps should be looking at starting 4-4-2/4-3-3 away at Forest, and I'd go with something like;

......................................Johnstone...................................
Bree..............Chester.............................Baker...............Taylor
.....................................Jedinak.......................................
....................Hourihane.......................Bananason.................
..................... ...............Lansbury.....................................
.....................Hogan............................Kodjia.....................

The front "5" have to press the opposition and put them under pressure, starting with Hogan and Kodjia not allowing the opposition defenders to walk the ball up to the halfway line, press them in the defensive third.

Just can't have Bjarnason as that was one of the worse debuts I have ever seen, needs a couple of reserve games to get him used to English football!
Hourihane needs to play on the left as he is left footed (pretty basic really)!
Therefore I would play Bacuna, for his energy levels  instead of Adomah who is an airy fairy player.
Jedinak is critical for us to stop runners from midfield.

....................Bacuna.......................Hourihane.................

It really is sink or swim time, no time at all for bedding in!
If the side isn't this one (or very, very similar) I will be mightily pissed off!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:41 pm

we're not good enough to play 443. Last night reminded me of that French twat. back to 442 for me.

This class keeper from Utd don't piss me off.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:we're not good enough to play 443. Last night reminded me of that French twat. back to 442 for me.

This class keeper from Utd don't piss me off.

I think you will find that we aren't allowed to play with 12 men! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:19 pm

One of the most frustrating things about last night was the lack of pressing. It appeared that if anyone wanted the ball its ok take it off me attitude reigns.
When Grealish came on he at least tried to get the ball back.

We were not winning the second ball and got bullied all over the park. Just out of self respect we should have least tried to get the ball back. I think that  3-0 was a flattering result as Brentford should have had half a dozen at least. FFS man up villa and start to show some self respect.

VTID.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Think I saw last night that Landsburys yellow card puts him out of the Forest game
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:42 pm

He seemed to be trying to get a yellow. Some of his tackles were nothing more than throwing a leg out with the sole intention of nobbling the opposition player. And doing it right in front of the ref.

I wonder if he didn't fancy facing the crowd at Forest?
Trotters
Trotters

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 am

Johnson
Jedi
Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

My team exactly except Bjarnason needs more time. Not match fit yet. Also please,please put Hourihane on the left side of midfield.
big ming

Brentford v Aston Villa pre match, during match and after match moaning or celebration thread, with bells on - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:12 am

big ming wrote:

Johnson
Jedi
Hourihane Lansbury Thor
Hogan JK

My team exactly except Bjarnason needs more time. Not match fit yet. Also please,please put Hourihane on the left side of midfield.

Hopefully Thor kicks in quick, or as u say Conor on the left and maybe Albert on the right then.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 am

The Utterer wrote:Amavi is basically Hutton with a turn of pace. Positionally he's all over the shop and he's pretty lightweight too. He's much too easily knocked off the ball for a defender in my view. Think of all the successful fullbacks in the Prem and they are all really tough to knock off the ball... Amavi isn't. His turn of pace is impressive and often gets him out of sticky situations (largely ones he creates himself incidentally) but he just goes missing and his decision making is more of "PANIC" than composed decision making.

All in all he's a liability in my eyes.

As for the shambles last night it looked like the midfield had never played together before and i think Brentford played it right in just going for us knowing we would lack cohesion..and it worked very well.  I just hope we get it right for Saturday at Forest else it is definitely 100% season over for me... At this point it's 95% over sadly as judging by that last night there ain't a cat in hells chance this lot will gel in time to make a challenge this year.

This is true. I think however ironic it may be, that Amavi is a better defender in the Prem, than in the championship. The PL is much more about turn of pace, and even pace of the game, than the championship where it's more physical and pressure based. I'm not making excuses though. I think Amavi has been fucking awful for a month or two now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6