The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

+4
Wriggle
The Utterer
Boldfinger
Alf T
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:11 am

Not so keen on the new smaller round avatar things, square is better........

Pizza hut trying out rectangular pizza's and I prefer round one's........

All this shape stuff is frying me head.

4BetLite
4BetLite

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

Post by De Kuip Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:40 am

Trotters wrote:No! Not really. I just got done fixing things when the people who just the site for us made some big changes. As such, it's wiped out the ability to quote, edit, delete and the new topic green colour has speech bubbles all over it.

I'm thoroughly pissed off.

Will get it fixed asap

Trotters mate I really feel for you - what a ball-ache that you are doing all this work only for the hosts to pull the rug - no wonder you are pissed off. I think it's great that you care so much for the quality of the site and not only try to constantly improve it, but actually bother to ask people for their opinion - doesn't happen on many sites.

What's more, some members actually bother to post an opinion/suggestions, which is brilliant too. (thanks folks)

I really don't know what to say regarding what the site hosts do and don't do other than it's a pain - but I do like the way the site is set up and apart from a few things - like Joppe suggesting white on light blue font is hard to read, which is a good and fair point, it's a really smooth thing to navigate.

To be honest I just use the classic view on my mobile as I just prefer it to look like it does when I view it in the daytime on a full screen pc, but that's just me. I can see how much the buggers have busted the mobile version though, what a pain.

All I can say Trotters is, see if you can agree with them what will & won't change, try and agree a non-interference time period so at least you know you can make changes that will endure for at least a while. No idea how this sort of thing works, but they ain't gonna be hosting these sort of forums for long cos if they've pissed you off, they're sure to have pissed many others off as well.

I guess you are tied into this site as to go elsewhere probably means a total rebuild of everything and no guarantee users' details will migrate to any new site, so I guess it's about ensuring the best outcome for TBAR as it exist. Not bloody easy, this game, is it IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 1327487109
De Kuip
De Kuip

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:17 pm

HEAR HEAR !

Well said Sir.

Keep your chin up Trotters, this is the best Villa forum by far, Thanks for everything matey..........

If you need any help at all, I nominate @ De Kuip
IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 238524133
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:45 pm

4BetLite wrote:HEAR HEAR !

Well said Sir.

Keep your chin up Trotters, this is the best Villa forum by far, Thanks for everything matey..........

If you need any help at all, I nominate @ De Kuip
IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 238524133

Oh believe me 4Bet - many, many PMs pass between me and Trotters on the subject of site appearance, potential improvements and how changes look!!

He hasn't asked me to contribute to the costs yet though.............. I'll get my coat affraid
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:07 pm

Not sure about the mobile version of this forum. Seems I can't edit, give credit or anything of the sorts, but I guess that's already noticed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:26 am

Sorry, Joppe, I was away for a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to work on it.

Those features will be added back in the next day or two.
Trotters
Trotters

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:59 am

How's that now, @joppe84 ?

I've made the mobile version the same colours as the full-sized version (predominantly claret) and have set it so that any new post will be highlighted with a blue side-tab. Options to quote have been put back in as well as the ability to edit and delete your own posts.

I'm still working on the LIKE system for the mobile version but, due to space restrictions on the screen, I'm not sure it's do-able but I'll see what I can do.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

I'll see how it works over this week. Mostly been on laptop lately I think.

BUT I've noticed one thing and for some reason (and this is on mobile) some threads I can just click to the last page of a thread, but other threads I have to click each single page to get there. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Ok, here you see. From the second picture you can see the option to go to last page is gone. No idea why.

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 TBAR_1

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 TBAR2

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:32 am

Yeah I've noticed that too. It's when there's a poll added to the thread. It seems that the addition of that section is knocking out the FIRST LAST links.

I'll work on it over the weekend.

Cheers.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Hope I'm posting this in correct place.
When I post something (main site , not mobile), the post appears on whatever thread as usual but the page freezes, after refresh page its the same, so have to press back a few times to get back to main forum, any ideas?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:02 am

Trotters wrote:Yeah I've noticed that too. It's when there's a poll added to the thread. It seems that the addition of that section is knocking out the FIRST LAST links.

I'll work on it over the weekend.

Cheers.

Apologies late answer. Yes I noticed it's only in poll threads. Good spot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:58 am

A few improvements for your TBAR experience. These only work on the "classic" version of the site, not the mobile version (not to be confused with using the classic version on a mobile!)

1. The "Post in Progress" is working again. So if you get halfway through a massive post and you accidentally go to another thread or your browser crashes, simply come back to the thread and your reply SHOULD still be there waiting for you to finish.

2. A new mention feature. If you type an @ symbol to mention someone (@trotters) it will auto fill to make it easier for you. So for example if you want to mention to me that you're sick and tired of all the tweaking, typing @tr will start to autifill the whole thing for you.

3. If someone does mention you in a post to get your attention, you will notified of this in your own personal notification area just below the matchday countdown clock. This area will also notify you of any posts in topics you're watching. I think by default you watch any topic you've posted in. This can be changed by going into the PROFILE menu on the top menu bar, then into PREFERENCES. The 6th button down is "Always alert me of notices" (or something). Just set that to no.

You might also want to go into WATCHED TOPICS in your profile too and turn them all off. It's your choice. You can customise to suit.

More improvements coming soon.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:31 am

I'm going to post it here as well, as this is probably more likely to be read.

But can't we stop having polls in the match day threads? Each time we add a poll to a thread the mobile version of this site doesn't work well. It forces you click through every page until last page, and while that normally isn't the biggest issue, the match days threads tends to be the longest threads on the forum.

If this is just me you might as well ignore it, but having to click through 10 pages every time I want to see what you guys have read in the match day thread is really fecking annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:07 pm

I agree. I've been meaning to try and find a fix but haven't had the time. Sorry.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:53 pm

good work on the banner, best so far IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 1f64c
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:59 am

Ta. IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 4025243045
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:30 am

Trotters wrote:Ta. IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 4025243045
Brilliant stuff Trotters mate
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:11 am

Quick update:

I've made a change so that when you send a post, it'll appear without a page refresh.

Three issues you should be aware of:
1. it doesn't refresh the whole page...just your post.
2. a minumum of 5 character is needed (but I'm working on that).
3. It doesn't work on the mobile version.

All pretty pointless really but there you go.

If you hate it let me know and I'll revert to the old way.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 am

Sorry..I've just noticed that ads have re-appeared at the top of the page.
When I've got a few minutes and a few quid to pay for them to go away, I'll get rid of them again. Makes the place look like shit!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:43 pm

The forum has turned really bad for me on mobiles. Lots of quoting bullshit and wriwriting is nearly impossible. 

Happened the last two weeks, but not 100% sure if its the forum or my phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:19 pm

I totally agree. I can only use my iPhone and I have found the site very awkward to get around since the update hence I haven't been on as much b
Boldfinger

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Tried a few other forums tonight. Its not my phone. It's this forum. Something is just not right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2