The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Leicester 13th September 2015 : match thread

+31
DelboyVilla
James_Curtis
Saunders82
Con
The Utterer
Jae1411
VTID85
Nix999
thegaffer6
Synopsis
avfcjay
Villa Ranger
Cha Ching
big ming
bazzah
avfc85
VillaBill
Mr_Spadge
De Kuip
DomAVFC
Trotters
FoxyAV
Dazzle
smetro
Villa_Dan
WendyOz
avfc forever
4BetLite
Terry Derry
KMitch
mefromhere
35 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Villa v Leicester 13th September 2015 : match thread

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:50 am

the baggies an small heath are to must win games that could change our season.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Villa v Leicester 13th September 2015 : match thread

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 pm

De Kuip wrote:Well that didn't end how I expected it to!

Not much more to add that's different from many others - I was saying to my brother yesterday that the sad thing is I'm not surprised any more when we give up 2 goal leads - there's been an air of inevitability with Villa for a few years now in that way - we'd be useless as a dog-walking business cos we can't hold on to a lead.
I was hoping that the easy-capitulation years would be over, but then I have always predicted we'll score some/concede some under Tim - just hurts when it's A: The wrong result and B: Lost in that manner.
Just like many of the team are having to learn and gel on-the-job, I think we have to accept so does Tim. Yes there will be - quite rightly - people saying, "he's managing a Prem team FFS - this is no place to learn as you go", but the fact is Randy took a chance on an inexperienced manager, who has promise. we have an inexperienced team who show promise (no-one will convince me the first 45 mins wasn't one of the best we've played - and that's away from home), but we have to also accept that means inconsistencies along the way. What we need to be shown is that those inconsistencies reduce to an acceptable level, and that results duly follow.
I agree, if we blow it against the Baggies and the scum, it will be devastating, but if we get the wins - onward & upwards.
I still need to see Ilori and Traore playing, and I still don't think I've seen the team all on the pitch at the same time that I'd like, so I'm still (even though I'm gutted about yesterday) reserving judgement and still absolutely 100% behind our manager.
That is not to say I'm not concerned about a striker and Guzan's performances/lack of alternatives - I am,but I'm going to judge a bit more after 10 games, not 5.

UTV

Okore too, I think he could work very well as a defensive midfielder if we need fresh legs.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:38 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Okore too, I think he could work very well as a defensive midfielder if we need fresh legs.

D'you know what though Foxy - Okore is one of those players who I can never (and might not ever) be able to make my mind up about. It's like, always a bit "meh" for me wherever he plays - he's had good games of course, and bad, but he's the kind of player that if he left, I'd probably forget he played for us after a few seasons.
Maybe he just needs a run in a fixed position and a few consistent performances, problem is, if everyone's fit, would he get that? I suppose with Sanchez' performances being so inconsistent, he might, but in my ideal team, he's not there - so that probably says to me I don't rate him highly enough.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 pm

De Kuip wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:Okore too, I think he could work very well as a defensive midfielder if we need fresh legs.

D'you know what though Foxy - Okore is one of those players who I can never (and might not ever) be able to make my mind up about. It's like, always a bit "meh" for me wherever he plays - he's had good games of course, and bad, but he's the kind of player that if he left, I'd probably forget he played for us after a few seasons.
Maybe he just needs a run in a fixed position and a few consistent performances, problem is, if everyone's fit, would he get that? I suppose with Sanchez' performances being so inconsistent, he might, but in my ideal team, he's not there - so that probably says to me I don't rate him highly enough.

I was thinking only as fresh legs as DM if we're going to see Sanchez start but then flag in the second half. Okore and Clark did a good job for part of last season but it looks like Okore's going to play second (or third) fiddle to Richards and Clark second (or third) to Lescott.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:48 pm

not posted as keep dwelling on same things, its work in progress, we still haven't fielded our best side YET and we still need a keeper and a RB.

We are scoring so not concerned about upfront, few newbies need to gel still and better in game manager decisions needed.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:51 pm

I feel better today, felt sick yesterday after that defeat but as people have said have to stay positive, if we keep playing the way we have been and cutting out the errors from both players and Management then we will start to move up the table.
avfc85
avfc85

Villa v Leicester  13th September 2015 : match thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Gutted yesterday ( and this morning). Have to agree with the more considered posts. Yes TS should have bought on another midfielder, but I didn't see Westwood or Sanchez make a tackle or complete a pass in the second half, that was the cause, TS should make subs assuming that his experienced players actually do a basic midfield job. It's too easy to blame the defence, we've seen over the last 3 years what happens when the midfield disappears. Vertout can't play every game yet, Gana was injured, TS options were limited.

Thought some of villas play in the guest half was superb, they missed Gana in the second half.

Gana in for Sanchez, ilori for Bacuna, Kozak for Gabby.

More shocked by TS interview thought he was going to top himself.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:59 am

I've steered away from looking at any posts regarding the game. I'm sure we are all disappointed to have lost in that manner, there were some poor performances on the pitch but like someone else said, Tim hasn't had a fully fit squad to choose from. He hasn't been able to play his "Best XI" though I'm not sure we'd be able to pick a best XI either as we don't know how they'd perform. I have faith we will beat the Baggies and the Scum this week and hopefully confidence will flow in from there and we will have a larger squad to choose from. Bring Gana back into the centre for Westwood and I'd like to see Traore slot in somewhere. Wouldn't it be great if he scored the winning goal against the Blues? He'd be an instant Hero of the Holte!
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Just watched most of the second half again. Watching it as neutral and calm as I can get, I've changed my opinion of a few things and maintain a few others.

1) like most people have said, the midfield was overrun. We needed Veretout on so badly. Should have gone three centrally in midfield.
2) Ayew and Sinclair got a lot of stick. I thought both did fairly well. Ayew did a pretty good job after coming on. Sinclair tracked back better than I thought as well.
3) I was very very critical of Lescott, and while two of the goals was his fault and we collapsed under pressure, he did play fairly well up to the second goal. However that dribbling was enough for me to drop him for Clark.
4) Bacuna was so bad I'm lost for words. He is so bad at inviting pressure. That pass to Sanchez was mental. Fucking shite RB. And I like Bacuna, but he simply can't be first choice.
5) Guzan. Just sell him.
6) Gabby actually signaled the team to calm down and retain possession, however as the midfield got overrun we couldn't manage.
7) Gestede offered nothing.
8) and final observation. The tactical gesticulation from Sherwood around the 70 min mark was hilarious. God I hope someone can GIF that.

My two cents anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Last season I'd have given anything to see our Villa described as "too attacking".

Let's not forget where we've come from in the last 6 months people
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:57 am

Pretty sure that either Illori or Okore (when match fit) would do a better job at right back than Bacuna or Hutton.

Bacuna just gives the ball away too much and cannot defend. Never been a fan of Hutton. Has a reputation as a good all round full back but is woeful on crossing the ball. Also, from a defensive point of view, remember him backing off Dyer from virtually halfway line into our penalty box towards the end of the Leicester game.

The central defence will look a lot more solid when we sort out the right back position.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:56 am

It's a shame nobody made a GIF or something of that pass Bacuna made to Sanchez around the 65-75 min mark. Could be used in academies on "how you never ever defend when under pressure".

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:24 pm

My main issue with Bacuna is he invites pressure, plays himself into trouble or if not himself he plays a team mate into a precarious position. I don't think he's a bad player per se - he has some discipline issues, for sure - but he's not a player of such class that he can rescue himself from difficulty, which I think he finds himself in too often.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:38 pm

I know one thing about Bacuna, he is not a full back, not in a million years!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6