The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

+34
thegaffer6
Mr_Spadge
DomAVFC
DelboyVilla
Morpheus
ejs1111
HarryAVFC
Nix999
Cha Ching
gdav
Dazzle
mefromhere
LVBrit
Villa jimmy
CoE82
jvilla
jeffvilla
Army villain
Leafs1201
Thinman
andrew24561
villabromsgrove
Trotters
Dek of Villa
GadgetMan
VillaBill
avfc85
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
Mazrim
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
kimbo
South London Villan
38 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 Empty Re: The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by jeffvilla Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Liverpool playing with 10 men Balotelli is a  bloody liability.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 Empty Re: The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Full time and Hull have earned their three points. What a poor bunch of highly paid weak minded losers Liverpool are.

I'm off to bed .... don't have nightmares. Sleep
villabromsgrove

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Liverpool are awful. Thankfully Leicester are facing an immeasurably tougher proposition tomorrow.
kimbo
kimbo

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa jimmy Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:46 pm

First time I have actually thought we are in major trouble! We must beat Everton however I can't see it! Someone tell me different?
Villa jimmy

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Villa Jimmy I feel exactly the same, although I have felt all along that we're in major trouble, in order for us to stay up our defence has to sort itself out and stop conceding schoolboy standard goals.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 pm

We'll get points from all the remaining games. Relax.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:08 pm

I feel we should be capable of getting the points we need from the fixtures we have remaining......so why is it I keep hearing that ominous music from Jaws in my head?
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 pm

I thought winning against Liverpool showed how far we had come under Sherwood. I still think we have come a very long way but it appears any old team can beat them now!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 pm

I just can't see QPR, burnley, Sunderland and Leicester getting more points than us, also hull may have won tonight but they still have arsenal,burnley,spurs and united to play, Sunderland have Southampton, everton,arsenal, chelsea.

I'd rather our fixtures to there's
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:29 am

When I did my predictor I had Hull as winning tonight and we were still safe after the Southampton game, so my plan is still going ahead  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:32 am

A home win this weekend is now crucial, a solid performance required more than ever. I'm hoping we have some proper full-backs back in the team, certainly at LB! As usual the end of the season is throwing up results that defy all logic. The way things are happening Villa need wins against Everton and West Ham, that should do it.
Having just seen the Hull goal against Liverpool.......how was that ever allowed to stand? At least three Hull players offside 8yds out in front of goal! The offside rule is currently in crisis with varying interpretations of it.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:04 am

Massive game Saturday, villa park needs to be full & rocking. We're gonna have to drag ourselves out of this mess as it looks like we won't get any help from other teams.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:26 am

Leicester should lose tonight (Chelsea can wrap up the title pretty much, Mourinho will want that done ASAP).

I think we only need 4 points from 4 games to stay up. We'll have that before Burnley I think. I think the relegations, Top 4, and Champions will all be decided before the last game meaning the most lowkey final match of the season for years, especially when you consider how tight the top and bottom of the league has been all season.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 am

Hull and Leicester are the two teams that are currently putting in performances and picking up wins. The other 3 are not thankfully. I think if we match or beat Sunderlands points total, we're safe. With the sets of fixtures, I fancy us to do that. I think that Chelsea will definitely be out to beat them on the last day irrespective of how the league table looks. Mourinho was embarrassed by the home defeat last season and he'll want to put that right.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 am

Got a feeling that Leicester will pull something off tonight. Just getting a bad feeling all round that despite our 'revival' the other teams look more capable of grinding out the important results. Just paranoia I guess.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 am

Leicester will be squashed tonight, Chelsea are no Liverpool. Gonna be 2 or 3 goals to add to their negative goal difference. That said, they should beat Newcastle on Saturday. We could beat Everton, Sunderland could jammily beat Saints, and if all that happened then Newcastle would be one of the favourites to drop. West Brom should lose to Man U too.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 am

Thinman wrote:Got a feeling that Leicester will pull something off tonight. Just getting a bad feeling all round that despite our 'revival' the other teams look more capable of grinding out the important results. Just paranoia I guess.

Exactly how I felt about the Hull game yesterday, I just knew Hull would win and go above us.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 am

You're certainly entitled to your opinions and I'm not suggesting for one minute that I'm relaxed about the situation, but 'the other teams look more capable'?

Sunderland? QPR? Burnley? Newcastle? Look more capable than we do? Not for me. If we go down because two of these teams have done better than we have, we absolutely deserve to disappear.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix999 Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:15 pm

It's qpr burnley Sunderland for me. Think qpr and burnley already gone. Can't see Sunderland getting anything the last 2 games, and can't see them getting more than 6 points out of the other 3 meaning we only need 4 points. Which I think is easily done.
Nix999

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Nix999 wrote:It's qpr burnley Sunderland for me. Think qpr and burnley already gone. Can't see Sunderland getting anything the last 2 games, and can't see them getting more than 6 points out of the other 3 meaning we only need 4 points. Which I think is easily done.

Well put. Chances of Sunderland going unbeaten in next three, let alone winning two of them are pretty slim, especially given the upheaval at that club (Leicester and Hull have stability in comparison). Just one win for us against Everton, West Ham or Saints and we are practically safe. I don't expect it against Everton - but then I don't expect Sunderland to beat Saints - I can see us both on same points after Sat - which will be fine by me.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:30 pm

I really thought Burnley would get out at the expense of Leicester but they've pulled a blinder out of the hat. I always thought QPR would drop and now Sunderland look like they're fighting a losing battle
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Can see LCFC getting something tonight as well.

Its not in our hands now which is the most annoying thing. Sunderland have a game in hand also

just hope we get 4 points from our next two and then beat Burnley and pray Hull lose to Arsenal this week. LCFC will beat Newcastle at the weekend and Sunderland home to the Saints

worrying times. serves us right for keep on conceding silly sloppy late goals. 3 times under TS.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:57 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Can see LCFC getting something tonight as well.

Its not in our hands now which is the most annoying thing. Sunderland have a game in hand also

just hope we get 4 points from our next two and then beat Burnley and pray Hull lose to Arsenal this week. LCFC will beat Newcastle at the weekend and Sunderland home to the Saints

worrying times. serves us right for keep on conceding silly sloppy late goals. 3 times under TS.
I can't see Leicester winning tonight, I think a draw is the best they can do. It's about time Chelsea played like the Champions elect and blew some team's boots off. Hopefully it'll be the Foxes with the hunted look tonight.

Ps: long time no see Harry .... welcome back and keep the posts coming, cheers mate. Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:43 pm

I too cannot see LCFC picking up points tonight. CFC have too much to play for themselves- and the talent gap is massive. Frankly, LCFC have been very lucky in a couple of wins on this streak.

Luck eventually runs out. 2-0 or 3-1 Chelsea for me.
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Regarding Villa... I'm worried given the recent results. Its never calming to see us only a couple points above relegation!

However, no one can deny the fact that our squad has been playing very good footy for the past 3-4 games. Naysayers have pointed to the fact we only have 3-4 points to show during this purple patch- but we have played top6 sides too (i'm including LFC)! If we continue to play this well against the lesser sides in our remaining 4 matches- and no reason to think we should not- our form now looks like the 'new normal' under Sherwood. This good form has been going on for too many weeks to be still considered a fluke.

I fully expect us to get 1-2 more wins, and a draw in our remaining games. 4 points minimum for me with 8-10 points best case.

Villa will not be relegated! UTV!!!
Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next