The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations

3 posters

Go down

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations Empty 2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations

Post by Jim Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Seems a reasonable time to start a thread on your expectations for the new season with just a few weeks left until we kick off against stoke at the Britannia, so what are your hopes, dreams and expectations for the coming season

My Hopes - I hope that we don't have a season of struggle AGAIN, id love a season of being in mid table obscurity, in that gap between 9th & 14th where we look solid but unspectacular & without fear of relegation

My dreams - a cup win, league cup or fa cup, in that last few years ive seen Wigan, Swansea and those unwashed from small heath win trophies whilst my club have been embarrassed by exits at the hands of lower league opposition, whilst being knocked out by lower league sides I something that happens to any clubs, being knocked out by a league 2 Bradford side whilst at the door of Wembley is still something that irks me.

My expectations - I expect another season of struggle awaits, I feel the free transfer signings of cole, Richardson & senderos have merely padded out an already weak squad rather than strengthening it, our first 11 next season will, on paper be ok, but if our under fire manager continues to play his one dimensional counter attack football I fear we shall continue to be embarrassed at home and occasionally shock teams away. At thus moment in time, I don't think there are many teams on paper that are worse than ours, I suspect saggy chops at QPR will add sufficiently to keep them out of trouble, Southampton seem in turmoil with so many player exits, but with £100m to play with they will be fine. Its hard to predict who will go down, but after treading water for the last 3/4 seasons, mayby this just might be our year. I hope, dream and pray its not.
Jim
Jim

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations 0_star10

Back to top Go down

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations Empty Re: 2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations

Post by Green Villan Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Relegation!
Green Villan
Green Villan

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations 3_star10

Back to top Go down

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations Empty Re: 2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:52 pm

There are two factors as it currently stands; the Vlaar factor and the Lambert factor.

If Vlaar stays then I think we could finish 9-12.
That tactical vacuum that is Paul. Lambert though, will ensure that we'll finish 14-17.

If Vlaar leaves and he's not replaced well, then I fear the drop.
Trotters
Trotters

2014/15 hopes, dreams & (sensible) expectations 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down