The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ian Taylor

+13
Green Villan
HarryAVFC
Ghost of Pongo Waring
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
R1chuk
UnclePanda
USVillan
mickeywya
achilles
Trotters
Jim
whiteensign
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ian Taylor  Empty Ian Taylor

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:53 am

I see he has been thrown off the USA tour and to be replaced by Lee Hendrie!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Ian Taylor  Empty Re: Ian Taylor

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 am

Ian Taylor  10552416_10154408234880088_6561690988112435748_n

Not sure what paper it's from, only reporting what i'm reading online!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 am

If true then that's really poor stuff - I know lambert has banned press at Norwich who criticised him and once banned kendrick after criticism - this is really disappointing to see Ian Taylor treated like this .

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:04 am

It smells a bit of Keane too to me, I can imagine it, Lambert says to Keane "Taylor has been criticising us in the press" Keane "kick him off the tour, we don't want him there"
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:05 am

It's normally Keane kicking himself off the tour Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:12 am

I'm not sure Keane would be involved- lambert has previous for banning people who criticise him - could it be the paper putting 2+2 together or is it genuine I'm not sure - very poor stuff though if lambert has done this.

I have left Ian a message to get back to me on whether these reports are true or not .

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 am

Taylor was very critical of Paul lambert and his methods towards the end of last season, its no surprise lambert doesn't want him around.

Lamberts made it quite clear he cant handle critique even when its deserved. He banned matt Kendrick from press conference's for a spell last year.
Jim
Jim

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 am

It's odd that they made him a "Club Ambassador" when he's clearly serving two conflicting masters. Was never going to work.

However, this is a bad move by the club because I imagine the instant Lambert looks like he's faltering, Taylor could well be all over his arse and being legend/pseudo legend he is, he'll have the ear of a lot of people.
Trotters
Trotters

Ian Taylor  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:38 am

Lambert can't accept any criticism even offered in a positive way, just ask HH! This story, if true, just puts another nail in Lambert's coffin for me!
achilles
achilles

Ian Taylor  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Taylor was one of my favourite players growing up, had his number on back of my shirt in 97.

But when he criticised the club last year, i thought it was unprofessional of him given the fact he is a club ambassador. Dalgleish and Charlton have similar roles at Liverpool and Man U and you never hear them speak out of term about the club, Charlton never criticised Moyes last year and Dalgleish never criticised Gillet and Hicks when they were in charge of the club. Those two were proper playing legends too, and not just local lad legend.
mickeywya

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:16 pm

The sky is orange. I'm not sure what source I used to make this claim, but I read it online, sooooooo...

He tweets 5-6 times a day and said nothing about not going to USA. Just said he's going out and "love his city" last evening. Also, LOL at Birmingham Mail if they got scooped by another paper on their own contributing writer's story!!
USVillan

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 pm

For me, Lambert has done the right thing. No team needs negativity around. The only reason people say Lamberts wrong is because its Ian Taylor.

Ian Taylor is the Club Ambassador. Surely his job role should be to promote the Club positively? He is not doing this by disrespecting the Manager or other staff.

Lets be honest, if it was Joe Bennet, or KEA (or another player you dont like) insulting or disrespecting the Club, fans will rightly be calling for them to leave. So why not Taylor?

I would imagine - based on absolutely nothing other than human behavior - things were said behind the scenes between players, staff etc. The embarrassing thing is the Club Ambassador went public to say all this. I think this is why Lambert has made the decision. To stop it going further.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Ian Taylor  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Ian Taylor is a fan of the club it's in his heart and I believe he has every right to call it as he sees it .

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:49 pm

USVillan wrote:The sky is orange. I'm not sure what source I used to make this claim, but I read it online, sooooooo...

So what you saying pal? That I should disregard what i've read and come up with the same conclusion as you? At the end of the day, I read it and thought it was very plausible, so I posted it on here, can't see what you're getting at!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:52 pm

By the way, the original title of the thread was "Ian Taylor"
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:53 pm

whiteensign wrote:
USVillan wrote:The sky is orange. I'm not sure what source I used to make this claim, but I read it online, sooooooo...

So what you saying pal? That I should disregard what i've read and come up with the same conclusion as you? At the end of the day, I read it and thought it was very plausible, so I posted it on here, can't see what you're getting at!
Not at all. You interpret something however you're meant to. That said, I tend to be critical of unnamed sources--or pictures of newspaper clippings that aren't attached to a source. Hopefully, you've learned not to simply say that "I've read it online" as a substantiating statement. If that's the case, I'm still awaiting Wesley Sneijder's #10 Villa jersey.
USVillan

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:54 pm

whiteensign wrote:

Nothing wrong with posting that article at all - of course we all know we can't believe everything in the press so we await to see if this is true or not

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Just when Lambert had weathered the storm, got some sympathy for the takeover debacle and made some decent, if not spectacular signings, he shoots himself massively in the foot.

Taylor is one of us, you treat him like that, you treat us all like that.

I am back to #LAMBERTOUT again.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 pm

USVillan wrote:
whiteensign wrote:

Not at all. You interpret something however you're meant to. That said, I tend to be critical of unnamed sources--or pictures of newspaper clippings that aren't attached to a source. Hopefully, you've learned not to simply say that "I've read it online" as a substantiating statement. If that's the case, I'm still awaiting Wesley Sneijder's #10 Villa jersey.

You know what, I have been trying to find an actual link to the story on google and can't, not even when I write the article out in full!!! Does anybody know what paper it has come from? Have I been duped, fallen for a joke?
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:10 pm

whiteensign wrote:
USVillan wrote:
whiteensign wrote:

You know what, I have been trying to find an actual link to the story on google and can't, not even when I write the article out in full!!! Does anybody know what paper it has come from? Have I been duped, fallen for a joke?

Sunday people page 61 apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:19 pm

@leehendrie77: Tails is still doing his same role. He couldn't attend this trip. So I've been lucky enough to be asked. I'm over the moon to be apart of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:25 pm

As I said in the other thread, the Sunday People is a rag, its only use would be to line the vivariums of my snakes for them to shit on. Lying journos making shit up IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ian Taylor  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:40 pm

@leehendrie77: Let's just get behind the lads like you do every season. When things weren't good you all turned up and supported.I feel a good season ahead

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:49 pm

USVillan

Ian Taylor  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next