The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Your favourite Villa Goal

5 posters

Go down

Your favourite Villa Goal Empty Your favourite Villa Goal

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 3:41 pm

What are your top five Villa goals?

This video might help rekindle your memory:

For me:

5. Zat Knight's goal v Arsenal to level the game at 2-2 in December 2008.
4. Ashley Young's winner against Everton in THE 3-2 the same season (same month in fact).
3. Paul Merson's goal in the match that relegated Coventry in the spring of 2001.
2. Stan Collymore's goal in the Uefa Cup game against Athletico in March 1998. I know we lost, but what a strike, what a performance.
1. Savo Milosevic v Leeds in the Coca Cola Cup final March 1996. Great strike to produce in a cup final.

This is harder than you think!

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Villa Goal Empty Re: Your favourite Villa Goal

Post by Green Villan Sat May 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Some nice goals there Farrell but I'll never forget this beauty

Green Villan
Green Villan

Your favourite Villa Goal 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 4:54 pm

Sometimes the greatest goals don't have to be fantastic shots, acrobatic or with 100 passes on the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 5:05 pm

That's true Nigel, that was the basis on which I chose my top five. I made a conscious effort to only select goals I remember watching.

Otherwise The Greatest Goal Ever Scored would have been in the list.

Good choice there Green Villan, I think that Petrov goal was just as good as a couple that the press were raving about this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:42 pm

The 5 that i remember first (without watching any highlight videos so have probably forgot loads are)

5. Carbone vs Leeds
4. Weimann vs Liverpool
3. Luc Nillis vs Chelsea
2. Ashley Young vs Everton
1. Juan Pablo Angel vs Chelsea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh5E9cXL24Y

I loved Angel, think he was my last proper favourite Villa player. Wasn't great but always seemed like he loved the Villa.
mickeywya

Your favourite Villa Goal 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Good choices Mickey. It is hard isn't it? In the end with mine I tried to just go with the ones that brought out the biggest reaction in me at the time they were scored (how else could Zat Knight wind up in a top five!).

Loved that Carbone strike against Leeds. His hat trick that day was top quality. Merson did so well for the third, getting covered in blood for his efforts to set Carbone up.

Weimann's goal was a good one against Liverpool, one of the best team goals you will see. I had flu that week and just about got to see the goal on a dodgy steam, dosed up on medicine, in my bed.

Nillis, what a player he could have been for us. I used to watch him play for Belgium in the 90s and was so excited when he signed for us. Could have been Bergkampesque had he got to play a full season.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:30 pm

I remember watching the Weimann goal in my old local (Yates's Sutton) they used to show all the Villa games until recently. Was a brilliant goal and i remember someone in the pub won £3500k on that game.

Saw the Ashley Young goal in the same place, I remember starting to down my pint ready to leave when Everton equalised and then we got the winner so stayed for a few more to celebrate Very Happy
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:13 pm

A few random ones that come to mind for me:

- JPA vs Chelsea in the Carling Cup. I remember listening to the audio of that one about 6am in the morning and losing my shit...but also extremely frustrated that I would have to wait about 12 hours to see the footage!

-JPA vs Southampton - Lovely team goal

- Petrov's vs Derby as already mentioned above.

- Weimann vs Liverpool after the Benteke backheel.

- Cahill's volley against the noses.

- Lowton's last season & a few of Delph's efforts this season (WBA & Southampton).

Not the most spectacular goals, but Gabby's 2 near identical headers against the Scum (in consecutive years?) and celebrating in front of the travelling fans will always come to mind.
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm going to do this based on matches I was at, to make it easier for myself!

Counting down from 5 to 1...

5. Gary Cahill v Blues, 05-06. I don't really want to include Blues but hell, this was amazing!

4. Stan Petrov v Derby, 07-08. When you go away and win 6-0, it's a good day. Talk about a cherry on top...

3. Savo v Leeds, 95-96. I'd been to Wembley 2 years earlier and that was a great day, but this goal was fantastic. We were right in line with it (albeit behind the opposite goal) too, which I think made it even better. A bit like the Bozzie save from Mark Hughes two years earlier - though that was at our end! I couldn't find a shorter vid, sorry...

2. Tony Daley v Everton, 88-89. First goal of my first ever match. Boom.

1. Deano v Ipswich, 92-93. My favourite moment of my favourite season. Dalian's goal was better, but I wasn't there, so this is it. I remember as it was on its way up my Dad shouting "GOAL!" - when it came back down it was amazing! Again, can't find a vid with just the goal, but the two either side aren't bad either....! That season we scored some amazing goals, our own goal of the season competition could have stood up to the other 19 Prem teams combined that year!

kimbo
kimbo

Your favourite Villa Goal 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Most of the goals from 92/93 are my favourites Wink

The Deano one you're on about Kimbo, is that the one from by the half way line? I actually thought the other one in that game was just as good, about 15 passes then a goal Wink
I was at Selhurst Park for Dalians so that's my number 1 Wink
Seem to remember Gary Parker scoring a fair few decent goals back in the day too!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Some great memories there folks, keep them coming.

Some of the goals in 1992/93 were sublime. I was only getting into villa at the time and was six/seven so consider it a bit too early for me to claim!

Looking back, we always seemed to be in the running for goal of the month that year.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:17 pm

whiteensign wrote:Most of the goals from 92/93 are my favourites Wink

The Deano one you're on about Kimbo, is that the one from by the half way line? I actually thought the other one in that game was just as good, about 15 passes then a goal Wink
I was at Selhurst Park for Dalians so that's my number 1 Wink
Seem to remember Gary Parker scoring a fair few decent goals back in the day too!!!

The other goal is probably a better goal, everyone apart from Shaun Teale touched it! But for a 'moment', Deano's goal was incredible  :) 
kimbo
kimbo

Your favourite Villa Goal 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Two goals from Carew but the 2nd one he scores is my all time favourite Carew goal.....

Green Villan
Green Villan

Your favourite Villa Goal 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Carew was a great player for us on his day. MON messed up big time when he bought Heskey and picked him ahead of Carew.

Anybody remember a game at White Hart Lane in 2000, a 4-2 win, in which three of the villa goals were sublime strikes? Carbone, Wright and Dublin scored some crackers that day. We always seemed to have entertaining games with Spurs back then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:25 pm

For sheer breathtaking excitement, Chris Nicholl at Old Trafford, Tony Morley in Berlin, Andy Lochhead vs Bournemouth and Man Utd and Sammy Morgan at home to Arsenal. Some of them not great goals but memorable. Benteke has also added a few in recent times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Atkinson v wimbledon at selhurst park
Staunton v sheff wed in rons 1st game
Chris Nichol v everton cup final
Alan mcinally v millwall solo run
Tony Daley v Luton solo run

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:50 am

Way too many over the years I've followed the Villa for me to pick just one. However, one effort that always sticks in my memory is Yorkie's cheeky penalty in the FA Cup against the Blades at Bramall Lane in the snow. The cheekiest lob I ever saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:07 am

Not the best copy but Dennis Mortimer's goal on about 28mins 30secs is one of my favourites. If there had been a brick wall in front of him, he would still have broken through to score that goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:43 am

Firestarter wrote:Way too many over the years I've followed the Villa for me to pick just one. However, one effort that always sticks in my memory is Yorkie's cheeky penalty in the FA Cup against the Blades at Bramall Lane in the snow. The cheekiest lob I ever saw.

At 2.20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down