The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

+6
pooligan
Trotters
villashrew
helpie
RichRunner
HH 8166
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert Empty You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

Post by HH 8166 Fri May 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Bad managers like Lambert get better in people's eyes the longer we don't play a game.. For heaven's sake.. We took 19 points from the last 24 games, 2 points from the last 9 away games (thought we were a good away side??) and 4 points from last 9 games.. We lost 20 premiership games (record) and 10 at home (record)..
Yes he has had injuries but those stats are there for all to see. His limited tactical plan has been totally found out.. Benteke was playing in the clueless home defeats V Stoke, Sheff United and West Ham
If a new owner comes in and gives him money, we will improve but only so far as like MON he is a total believer in counter attacking and low possession behind the ball football..
A new owner needs to start afresh and get a manager in the mould of Rodgers, Pochettino or Martinez.. Managers that lay down a proper football ethos throughout the club and get the first team playing in a positive and progressive manner.. Lambert is not in that category so would be more wasted cash and time if he stays on..
He also cannot wash his hands of the Culverhouse/Karsa affair.. They worked for him and were his responsibility.. He should go with them..

Let's be clear also about Lambert's motivation to stay at the moment.. He earns in excess of £25,000 a week.. Why on earth would he give that up voluntarily with no job offer on the horizon? He will also be due a pay off if he sits it out which will be in excess of £1 million. He will have a lifestyle to uphold and has a recent marriage breakup which are never cheap so no way would he give up this income unless he had a job to go to and lets face it they aren't exactly queuing up for him..
All of the above are his right and I would most likely do the same but the way some people think he is doing it out of loyalty or because he cares is misguided and way off the mark IMO.
He would leave in a shot if there was something better but the fact is there isn't anything.. He is even an outsider for the Celtic job.
HH 8166

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert 0_star10

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert Empty Re: You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

Post by RichRunner Fri May 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Agree with the above, but I don't think Lambert is even fit to clean MON's boots. MON had charisma, Lambert is just a mumbling idiot and a yes man to boot.

Lambert belongs in the lower leagues where he can get the ball lumped up to a big target man, "a real man" like Grant Holt. There is absolutely nothing I've seen that makes me think he's the right man for the job here. Even if he is given funds I think he'll get us relegated next season for sure.

Like you said we need a manager to come in who wants to change the ethos of the playing side of things, who has an eye for a player and can handle to big boys, not some lower-league chancer who rode the crest of a wave with Norwich and has been found wanting at this level.
RichRunner
RichRunner

Back to top Go down

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert Empty Re: You are not fooling me Paul Lambert

Post by helpie Fri May 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Agree completely, the whole Karsa & Culverhouse saga should be enough for the new owners to boot him. I've read some claims that he wanted to get rid at least one of them in the fall but board wouldn't let him, if this is true, it at least partially pardons him from the blame.

But if that's not true, then he definitely should go when the new owners arrive.
helpie

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Fri May 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Totally agree. He is not going anywhere soon and who can blame him really. I mean you wouldn't give up a £300 per week job if it was all you had so no way will he walk even if it is the right thing to do.
villashrew
villashrew

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

You nailed it there with your analysis and I am guilty of seeing attributes that aren't there when we go a fair bit of time without a game.

Should have been safe by March with that squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Bang on the money again Howard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 23, 2014 11:08 pm

It's funny how football works. And by funny, I mean totally ridiculously shit.

If Lambert was a Sales Manager at some company and he turned out the worst results in the company's history, lost clients all over the place, got rid of his gun salesmen and hired teenagers without a clue and had his competitors destroy his market share, he'd have been told to clear out his desk a long long time ago.

Do the same in football and you can hold out for a multi million pound compensation payout and then ok straight into another similar job and do the same again.

So when he says he feels the stress and has bad thoughts and can't sleep, I really feel sorry for him*

* that's a lie. Obviously.
Trotters
Trotters

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Sat May 24, 2014 12:28 am

Spot on again Howard,i agree with everything you say.

P.S Has Harry invited you to Wembley for the play off final ?
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sat May 24, 2014 8:20 am

Troy- You describe the mad world of football very well although Villa under these people are madder than most!
Pooligan- No HR hasn't invited me today.. He knows I am only interested in Villa!
Thanks Eastie, Farrell, Shrew.. Can't wait to get this fraud and the people who employed him out of our great club..
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sat May 24, 2014 8:56 am

RichRunner wrote:Agree with the above, but I don't think Lambert is even fit to clean MON's boots. MON had charisma, Lambert is just a mumbling idiot and a yes man to boot.

Lambert belongs in the lower leagues where he can get the ball lumped up to a big target man, "a real man" like Grant Holt. There is absolutely nothing I've seen that makes me think he's the right man for the job here. Even if he is given funds I think he'll get us relegated next season for sure.

Like you said we need a manager to come in who wants to change the ethos of the playing side of things, who has an eye for a player and can handle to big boys, not some lower-league chancer who rode the crest of a wave with Norwich and has been found wanting at this level.

No doubt MON was a superior man manager who also wasn't afraid of big characters in the dressing room but he blew serious money on players that were at the top of their value and he also has a very similar, limited game plan based around low possession, behind the ball, counter attacking football.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Sat May 24, 2014 9:48 am

I don't think he's staying for the money as he'd get a pay off if he left anyway as that's the nature of football. I do think he's a dead man walking. I supported him and believed that with backing this summer he could push us on but in the last 1/3 of the season he seemed to lose the plot. Maybe knowing about the takeover had an affect but no matter what the reason was he's constant tactical and positional changes contributed to our crap performances. I think he will go on and have success somewhere but he's days here are gone. After reading about Oscar Garcia today I wouldn't mind a gamble on him as he can work on a budget loves blooding kids and if/when we got took over has connections and ability to grow with the club.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sat May 24, 2014 3:09 pm

DN1982 wrote:I don't think he's staying for the money as he'd get a pay off if he left anyway as that's the nature of football. I do think he's a dead man walking. I supported him and believed that with backing this summer he could push us on but in the last 1/3 of the season he seemed to lose the plot. Maybe knowing about the takeover had an affect but no matter what the reason was he's constant tactical and positional changes contributed to our crap performances. I think he will go on and have success somewhere but he's days here are gone. After reading about Oscar Garcia today I wouldn't mind a gamble on him as he can work on a budget loves blooding kids and if/when we got took over has connections and ability to grow with the club.

Mate if he walked he'd lose his salary straight away and it's very debatable he'd have a case for constructive dismissal which would be long and protracted.. He is very limited tactically so not convinced he will shine anywhere else like so many of our previous managers...
Agree with a lot of what you said though.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sat May 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Lambert has been successful!

With the targets he was set, he has achieved Premier League survival and has cut the wage bill down. So his tactical naivety or lack of tactical nous is evident but has still managed to steer us to safety which leads me to believe........

He WILL be given a chance under the new owners because of the unfair restraints place upon him.

Maybe that could be one of the sticking points in any takeover deal? Potential new owners want to bring in their own man, Randy wants Paul to have another chance, maybe? Just a thought.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sat May 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Sceptical Villan wrote:Lambert has been successful!

With the targets he was set, he has achieved Premier League survival and has cut the wage bill down. So his tactical naivety or lack of tactical nous is evident but has still managed to steer us to safety which leads me to believe........

He WILL be given a chance under the new owners because of the unfair restraints place upon him.

Maybe that could be one of the sticking points in any takeover deal? Potential new owners want to bring in their own man, Randy wants Paul to have another chance, maybe? Just a thought.

Sorry but have to take you to task there..

1. "He's been successful"- No he hasn't.. We lost 20 games last season, 10 at home which are both records. This cannot be classed a "success".

2. The wage bill remains the 8th highest in the premier league and is still far higher than Athletico Madrid's! So no he hasn't successfully cut it anywhere near enough when taking into account the atrocious points return.

3. You seriously think Lerner would jeopardise a sale over whether a new owner would want to keep Lambert or not??

4. Culverhouse and Karsa worked for Lambert. They were his responsibility. He let them run riot for far too long. He cannot now simply wash his hands of that.

5. The club desp needs a fresh start with a new owner, board and a manager everyone can believe in. Far too many have lost faith in Lambert hence any new owner would surely not want a manager that at best splits opinion but in reality is deeply unpopular..
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sat May 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Nope, he was successful in what he was asked to do keep the club in the prem whilst trying to minimise the wage bill.

For a fan he has been a horrific failure, for randy he has been success, should of articulated myself better.

Oh and wasnt the that wage bill inherited?

Cue being called a Lambert lover which Im certainly not!
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Sceptical Villan wrote:Nope, he was successful in what he was asked to do keep the club in the prem whilst trying to minimise the wage bill.

For a fan he has been a horrific failure, for randy he has been success, should of articulated myself better.

Lambert lover Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sat May 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Sceptical Villan wrote:Nope, he was successful in what he was asked to do keep the club in the prem whilst trying to minimise the wage bill.

Ignoring players does not constitute cutting the wage bill.. Who exactly has he shifted in the high earner category except Ireland on a free transfer. Sorry but no way would Randy consider 38 pts a success especially going backwards from even the paltry 41 pts in first season and alienating the vast majority of his customer base. You may not be a Lambert lover but you must have an affinity with him to attempt to make a defence of his diabolical reign.. You have also conveniently ignored the Karsa/Culverhouse situation. Where does that fit in with Randy's approval of Lambert's reign?
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:24 pm

HH 8166 wrote:

Ignoring players does not constitute cutting the wage bill.. Who exactly has he shifted in the high earner category except Ireland on a free transfer. Sorry but no way would Randy consider 38 pts a success especially going backwards from even the paltry 41 pts in first season and alienating the vast majority of his customer base. You may not be a Lambert lover but you must have an affinity with him to attempt to make a defence of his diabolical reign.. You have also conveniently ignored the Karsa/Culverhouse situation. Where does that fit in with Randy's approval of Lambert's reign?
HH, Lambert is a goner, you, me and a lot of people know that. He is simply doing a caretakers job at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sun May 25, 2014 2:26 am

Im not so sure, but time will tell.

Lambert will be here until at least christmas, in my humble opinion!
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sun May 25, 2014 2:27 am

HH 8166 wrote:

Cant make people buy our chaff!

The question is has he added to it? C'mon Howard I was expecting better from you?
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Sun May 25, 2014 6:14 am

I think his reign has been a total failure from a fans point of view.

However I think the level of support he has received from within the club appears to fall well below an acceptable level. So while Lambert will always be criticised by me, I will always temper what I have to say by the vile working conditions at Villa Park in the last few years.

I am convinced another manager would have done better -but by how much I am not so sure.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sun May 25, 2014 8:16 am

Sceptical Villan wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

Cant make people buy our chaff!

The question is has he added to it? C'mon Howard I was expecting better from you?

You said he has cut the wage bill.. As David Conn recently confirmed he hardly has as the odd high earner has left but he has added quantity (16 players) which may be lower earners but the quantitive effect means the overall bill has not come down.
You said he has been a success in Lerner's eyes but a sub 40 points total is an embarrassment and is fortunate to have secured premiership status especially as the last 24 games yielded just 19 points. No way is that classed a success by even Lerner.
Still you don't address the Karsa/Culverhouse and Lambert's responsibility with it?
He left Norwich with his eyes wide open on the challenge here. He presented his blue print and got the job on the back of it. He told the fans he'd play good, positive football and make Villa park a fun place to go again for the home fans.. I'm still waiting on both counts..
I supported the appointment and he's been a massive disappointment.. No doubt about it as all of the above undoubtedly proves.
I am sorry if that disappoints you but I just say it as I see it.
You have your opinion, I have mine and we'll leave it there. I am keen to see something different than the low possession, poor ball retention, over reliance in counter attacking football which has plagued us for years (Not just under Lambert)
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 25, 2014 8:29 am

A manager can make the most of what he has or make the worst of it. Yes, we had some pretty average players but the performances were way below average.

Every time Lambert stumbled upon a vaguely successful formula, he changed it. Every time he was under pressure to pull a rabbit out of a hat, he just threw as many strikers on the pitch as he had available to him.

He stayed in his office and let others do the coaching whilst he just scoured the internet for players.

In summation, he's a ten year old playing FIFA 14...on the odd occasion, the footballing Gods are going to smile on you and get you a result but invariably, you're going to get the results you deserve. And that's precisely what happened.

I asked someone on Facebook who was in full blown defence of Lambert to name one team in any of the 4 football leagues - just one - that he'd be so supremely confident in Villa beating that he'd bet his house on it. Reminding him of our cup exits, he begrudgingly admitted that there wasn't one. And had we been unfortunate enough to have met Blues in any of the cup matches (that's the same Blues that have not won a game at home in 7 months) I'd have not been able to watch.

Lambert, under the direction of Lerner, has ripped the heart, soul and character out of Aston Villa. We are not even a shadow of the club we should be. We read so often of players who come to Villa being surprised at what a truly massive club we are. Yet we've not acted like it for such a long, long time.

And Lambert has managed us with no respect for what the fans expect - his comments on the FA Cup sum up his (and the boards) total lack of understanding as to what Aston Villa is all about.

Shame, shame, shame.
Trotters
Trotters

You are not fooling me Paul Lambert 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sun May 25, 2014 10:20 am

We do have a dfference of opinion and thats what makes debating on a forum fun and interesting.

The karsa and culverhouse issue I feel he had to act on sooner but in the end action was taken and I believe it was Lambert who in the end did do something to remedy it even if it was a little too late.

But I digress from my point, the working conditions he was put under have limited what he can do with the club. Yes he knew what he was getting in to when he signed but when a club like Villa come calling he wanted to taking it on, a kudos for that. In my opinion.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Sun May 25, 2014 10:53 am

Sceptical Villan wrote:We do have a dfference of opinion and thats what makes debating on a forum fun and interesting.

The karsa and culverhouse issue I feel he had to act on sooner but in the end action was taken and I believe it was Lambert who in the end did do something to remedy it even if it was a little too late.

But I digress from my point, the working conditions he was put under have limited what he can do with the club. Yes he knew what he was getting in to when he signed but when a club like Villa come calling he wanted to taking it on, a kudos for that. In my opinion.

Indeed sir and always a pleasure. UTV
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next