The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Best Away Days

+2
Thinman
Coseley Villa
6 posters

Go down

Best Away Days Empty Best Away Days

Post by Coseley Villa Fri May 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Its' going to be a long weekend with us all waiting for hopefully the good news next week. In the meantime how would any of you feel about sharing your Best Away Days with the Villa.

Mine has to be Sheffied Wednesday away 1991 i think , Big Rons first match , Hillsborough being fully open since the tradegy , we took thousands that day , sun was shining , came from behind to win 3-2
big fat rons claret and blue army went on and on and on
fantastic day, so many more memories but this is a day that will always stay with me
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Best Away Days 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Best Away Days Empty Re: Best Away Days

Post by Thinman Fri May 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Man U in 2009 obviously. Any of the wins at Anfield but the last minute 3-2 victory at Everton was pretty memorable. I also recall a win at Everton about 10 years ago. It had poured down all match which was heading for a dour 0-0 draw when Merse chested down the ball about 40 yards out and lobbed it over their keeper. Just brilliant.
Thinman
Thinman

Best Away Days 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Thinman wrote:Man U in 2009 obviously. Any of the wins at Anfield but the last minute 3-2 victory at Everton was pretty memorable. I also recall a win at Everton about 10 years ago. It had poured down all match which was heading for a dour 0-0 draw when Merse chested down the ball about 40 yards out and lobbed it over their keeper. Just brilliant.

The Merson one was a Sunday about 13 years ago, wasn't it 2000/01 season?
whiteensign
whiteensign

Best Away Days 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Fri May 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Sheffield Wednesday 1991 and the season after when we won 2-0, but 1991 was the best.
Spurs 91/92 season when we won 5-2 after being 2-0 down.
Sunderland in 1993 when we got outclassed and won on a Tuesday night.
Blues in 1993 :)
Arsenal twice in a few weeks in 1994, 1-0 down with a minute to go in the league game and won 2-1, then won the coca cola cup game 1-0 :)
There's so many over the years, even ones where we got hammered but it was a great day like Southampton 1994.
I really can't pin point one certain away game as being the best, but if I was to quickly choose one it would be Sheffield Wednesday 1991.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SvbANXsTRI
whiteensign
whiteensign

Best Away Days 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Berlin away in the European Cup.
Notts County away in the 3rd Division Championship season.
Sheffield Wednesday away when we got back into the 1st Division.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villanz Sat May 10, 2014 7:18 am

Coseley Villa wrote:Its' going to be a long weekend with us all waiting for hopefully the good news next week. In the meantime how would any of you feel about sharing your Best Away Days with the Villa.

Mine has to be Sheffied Wednesday away 1991 i think , Big Rons first match , Hillsborough being fully open since the tradegy , we took thousands that day , sun was shining , came from behind to win 3-2
big fat rons claret and blue army went on and on and on
fantastic day, so many more memories but this is a day that will always stay with me

that was one of my favourite away games. We just pulled a goal back at half time if I remember right which led to the whole half time break sing big fat Ron's claret and blue army as you said. it was a truly rememborable moment. Goodison and Highbury in '81(Highbury for obvious reasons) were other aways days I remember well.
Villanz
Villanz

Best Away Days 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Powell91 Sat May 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Never been to an away game and normally struggle to get to home games aswell as i work late on weekends but that is my goal next season to get to an away game.

I know villa park has been a disaster zone this season and previous other seasons but tbh i could only manage to get to villa park twice this season which were the norwich and chelsea games so tbf my trips to vp have been pretty sucessful this year.
Powell91
Powell91

Best Away Days 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by erdingtonb24 Sat May 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Small heath away with the c crew happy days
erdingtonb24

Best Away Days 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content