The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa management and coaching staff

+6
tonyp
KMitch
Wookster
whiteensign
heystally!
villashrew
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Villa management and coaching staff Empty Villa management and coaching staff

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 am

Who would you like to see as manager and his coaching staff?

Back to top Go down

Villa management and coaching staff Empty Re: Villa management and coaching staff

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Ron Saunders, with Roy McLaren.

Back to top Go down

Villa management and coaching staff Empty Re: Villa management and coaching staff

Post by villashrew Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Will stick my neck out and go for jurgen klinsmann as I think he has done wonders with the USA team. Failing that I think we should try to hijack the De Boer/Bergkamp Spurs deal! Very Happy 
villashrew
villashrew

Villa management and coaching staff 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Wed May 07, 2014 12:28 pm

I think whoever the manager is, the coaching staff should be whoever makes them work best.

Every manager has their best people - unfortunately our last few managers and their coaches appear to be useless.

I'd personally like to see Di Matteo. Showed at WBA that he wants to play good football, and at Chelsea that he could grind out ugly results when needed.

His coaches should be his coaches - I love the old Villa lot and would love to see them stay behind the scenes as long as it doesn't undermine the manager.
heystally!

Villa management and coaching staff 0_star10

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Wed May 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Roy Hodgson or Malky Mackay (sorry another jock)

More realistic than some suggestions I see being banded about!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Someone with a track record of success and coaching at a high level, we have taken the poor option too many times
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed May 07, 2014 9:44 pm

What about Gus Poyet? Sunderland are now officially safe after some extrordinary management from the man...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Wed May 07, 2014 10:07 pm

It all depends on who the owner is next season. Then we can see whether we will be shopping in Poundland or Harrods !!

tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Thu May 08, 2014 7:35 am

tonyp wrote:It all depends on who the owner is next season.  Then we can see whether we will be shopping in Poundland or Harrods !!

Exactly, at the moment we're a club with little money to spend, just avoided relegation in the last week or two of the previous four seasons, where there are high expectations from the fans....
Which begs the question.... Who in their right mind???
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 am

whiteensign wrote:Roy Hodgson or Malky Mackay (sorry another jock)

More realistic than some suggestions I see being banded about!!!

Impossible. They aren't from the hallowed grounds of overseas. (I agree with you, by the way).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:15 am

I think with the right backing either of those could take us up to where MoN did. We then need to think about who we will have after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 am

There was a discussion elsewhere on here about transitional managers. Considering where we are now even the promise of major backing might not tempt some of the ore exotic names mentioned. A lower key manager such as those two could be the right man for the job at this moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 11:45 am

Billy McBingo wrote:There was a discussion elsewhere on here about transitional managers. Considering where we are now even the promise of major backing might not tempt some of the ore exotic names mentioned. A lower key manager such as those two could be the right man for the job at this moment.

Give them a one year contract with the option of adding three more on if certain criteria are met.

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu May 08, 2014 11:47 am

While I don't rate Lambert one bit tbh, I would not be overly concerned if new owners gave him some time. New owners would at least have the ability to change things. Where as with Lambert and Lerner atm the moment, I almost feel like what's the point in changing because there wouldn't be much of an improvement.

If new owners came in and gave Zola/Mackay/Laudrup a go I wouldnt be over excited nor overly worried tbh.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Thu May 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Cant really pinpoint anybody atm. I think Poyet is doing a good job with Sunderland, but he wont be leaving now after surviving relegation.

Always though Martin Jol was a good manager and unfairly blamed when things went wrong at Spurs and Fulham. He would get us playing decent football and be able to attract players to the club purely on his own back.

In the end it all depends on what happens in the summer re takeover and what we can afford. Whatever happens, I want the next manager at Villa to have a proper footballing philosophy. No Moyes for me por favour.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu May 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Klinsmann, Yakin, Laudrup, Koeman, De Boer, Rijkaard- All managers that will promote good, attacking football.. Obv this list assumes a takeover is happening. If its still Lerner I'll have a go..  Very Happy 
HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 2:56 pm

HH 8166 wrote:Klinsmann, Yakin, Laudrup, Koeman, De Boer, Rijkaard- All managers that will promote good, attacking football.. Obv this list assumes a takeover is happening. If its still Lerner I'll have a go..  Very Happy 
If it's still Learner you may as well :)

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Klinsmann if we get taken over , new signings, packed out stadium, loads of goals, flowing exciting winning football, FA Cup glory , European nights under the floodlights ........................................................
What's that sound ?
My alarm !
It was just a dream ! 🤦 doh !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm

VillaBill wrote:Klinsmann if we get taken over , new signings, packed out stadium, loads of goals, flowing exciting winning football, FA Cup glory , European nights under the floodlights ........................................................
What's that sound ?
My alarm !
It was just a dream ! 🤦 doh !

What did Gabrielle sing? "Dreams can come true"  8) 
HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Klinsmann is a big name but is he really good enough tactically? My understanding is that when he was manager of Germany he was more of a motivator/cheerleader, Joachim Low was the brains behind the operations and has taken Germany to a higher level. Granted Germany didnt have the best team in 2006 but they did have youngsters coming through.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm

I would settle for cheerleader Klinsmann no problem " We're gonna win 5-4"  Villa management and coaching staff 238524133
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 3:45 pm

I've seen in the paper that Poyet is considering leaving Sunderland due to his feeling that he doesn't have enough control over footballing operations. What are people's thoughts on him? Obviously a step down from some of the names mentioned but I think he's a bloody good manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 3:57 pm

What about Nicola Cortese to come in as the new CEO?....move Faulkner into a more suitable role alongside.
Wouldbn't mind seeing the Cortese/Pocchetino partnership rekindled at Villa Park. They never overspent at Southampton, played great football and blood a host of academy kids.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Fri May 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:I've seen in the paper that Poyet is considering leaving Sunderland due to his feeling that he doesn't have enough control over footballing operations. What are people's thoughts on him? Obviously a step down from some of the names mentioned but I think he's a bloody good manager.

I rate Poyet as a manager. Anybody who took over that toxic job at Sunderland after Di Canio left and manage to get to a Wembley final AND somehow get the players out of what looked like certain relegation is a good manager. He has tried to play football too, he hasnt 'done a Pulis' and concentrate on defense and clean sheets then get the odd goal at the other end and win games that way. He would implement a footballing philosophy. He would put his stamp on the club thats for sure. I think he would be a great appointment but I still cant see it.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Aye, I can see him staying at Sunderland to be honest. If I was the CEO or owner there and he had done that job for me I'd be working towards giving him the authority he seeks so I think he'll get what he wants. Still it's another name to put out there.

Mardybum72 wrote:What about Nicola Cortese to come in as the new CEO?....move Faulkner into a more suitable role alongside.
Wouldbn't mind seeing the Cortese/Pocchetino partnership rekindled at Villa Park. They never overspent at Southampton, played great football and blood a host of academy kids.

Thoughts?

It's something suggested before on another thread and it seemed like a winner to me as it brought together a good football administrator and a successful manager with a good relationship. Also think that keeping Faulkner is not that bad idea. Ultimately being CEO was too big a job for him but he does have some skills that have stood him well away from the football side. For example see how well we've done commercially in the past few years with the cultivation of new commercial partners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next