The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

B league - Yes or No ?

17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
83% 83% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 6

FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by UnclePanda on Tue May 06, 2014 10:25 pm

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819
avatar
UnclePanda



Posts : 704
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 10:39 pm

I suspect that if there's a few bob in it for the PL/Championship sides then it'll happen at some point. It mentions that an aim is to help the national team, but no statement that all (or even the majority of) players will have to be English.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Seems a lot like the reserve league.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by whiteensign on Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 pm

The FA Cup draw, sponsored by Crack Cocaine....
Number 3
Aston Villa
Versus
Number 4
Aston Villa B Team....

What's it all about???

Just like the possibility of Villa playing a home league game against Hull City in Kuala Lumpar (remember that one?), it's not going to happen!!!
avatar
whiteensign



Posts : 327
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 42
Location : Sydney/Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Barmy idea.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by whiteensign on Wed May 07, 2014 12:28 pm

So they would start around the league 2 confernce sort of area, then within a few years the big spenders 'B' teams (reserve teams) will be in the premiershit too!!! Then the whole thing is open to corruption!!!
Imagine Villa are relying on Man City beating their reserve team in the final game to stay up, Man City have already won the league, they'll lose to their reserves to keep them in the league!!
avatar
whiteensign



Posts : 327
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 42
Location : Sydney/Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 pm

How are these things dealt with in the Spanish league? I'm fairly sure they won't allow 'B' teams to be promoted to the same league as the first team or play them in cup competitions, would they?

Still think it is a pointless and harebrained idea though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:How are these things dealt with in the Spanish league? I'm fairly sure they won't allow 'B' teams to be promoted to the same league as the first team or play them in cup competitions, would they?

Still think it is a pointless and harebrained idea though.
Bteams cannot get promoted to the same league as the a team.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Kill@r33 on Thu May 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Personally I think its a good idea... I dont get the negativity around it. The competitive environment would def help the youngsters coming through and you can make better judgements on who will make it and who will not. I think a lot of the details around how it would work need to be ironed out but Im not against it. Reserve teams would not be able to promote to the same league as the A team.

Kill@r33



Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by whiteensign on Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 pm

Kill@r33 wrote:Personally I think its a good idea... I dont get the negativity around it. The competitive environment would def help the youngsters coming through and you can make better judgements on who will make it and who will not. I think a lot of the details around how it would work need to be ironed out but Im not against it. Reserve teams would not be able to promote to the same league as the A team.

Troll Wink
avatar
whiteensign



Posts : 327
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 42
Location : Sydney/Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:23 pm

It's not fair on non league and lower division teams.
STOP FUCKING OUR GAME UP...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by whiteensign on Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:How are these things dealt with in the Spanish league? I'm fairly sure they won't allow 'B' teams to be promoted to the same league as the first team or play them in cup competitions, would they?

Still think it is a pointless and harebrained idea though.
Bteams cannot get promoted to the same league as the a team.

That makes a complete mockery of the entire idea then!! What competition is there when you can't get promoted!!!

Why don't they create a proper good premiershit reserve league and make it competitive!!! The problem is of course, reserve games are used for all sorts of different reasons, give first team players a run out when coming back from injury, give youngsters a run, trialists, ousted stars who've fell out with the management.... Of course this will be an even bigger problem with reserve teams playing in the proper domestic competition, the whole thing says to me it's a case of 'fuck you jack, i'm alright' from the premier league teams!!!
Quite frankly, anyone who thinks this is a good is as arrogant as the premier league clubs themselves!!!

I do fear that with some of the ideas being branded about, we're on the verge of being as badly run as the National Rugby League in Australia, next we'll have a closed shop Premiershit with these reserve teams playing in the other comp (which of course, given our recent form would be ok for us) We've already had the first franchise and team up sticks and move, Arsenal ( Wink ) (joking) nah, obviously MK Dons, we'll have teams merging and all sorts if we don't nip this in the bud now!!! Oh, and the crazy idea of playing one round of games in our soccer league all over the universe (notice what I did there) will become reality. Dear Mr Smith, thank you for renewing your season ticket for the 2015/16 season, as you will be aware, our home game with the Hull City Tigers will be played in Kuala Lumpar on Saturday 18th September, the club will be offering chartered flights and accommodation for this exclusive fixture..........

What a joke, if people sit back and let this shit happen then more fool them!!!

Welcome to soccer, the middle class sport of Great Britain!!!
avatar
whiteensign



Posts : 327
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 42
Location : Sydney/Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Top rant...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:37 pm

I agree too, why fuck the non league and lower leagues up just to make life easier god the prem?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Aye. It's an utterly stupid idea.

Besides, surely a lot of the Premiership Reserve teams will have enough about them to get very quickly up to the Championship to the detriment of proper clubs with dedicated supporters? Who would go to watch the 'B' teams? Would it be an opportunity to sting us poor saps twice (the 'B' team would surely be more expensive to watch and better supported than the existing reserve teams) or would the games clash?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by pooligan on Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 am

Sounds to me teams like Small Heath could be in trouble if this were to happen.Take their eight loanee's out and they would have no squad

pooligan



Posts : 97
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-03-24
Location : Marston Green

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Kill@r33 on Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 am

whiteensign wrote:
Kill@r33 wrote:Personally I think its a good idea... I dont get the negativity around it. The competitive environment would def help the youngsters coming through and you can make better judgements on who will make it and who will not. I think a lot of the details around how it would work need to be ironed out but Im not against it. Reserve teams would not be able to promote to the same league as the A team.

Troll Wink

Im not trolling, I genuinely believe that it could work. Obviously theres a lot of details that need to be worked out to make sure that lower league clubs do not suffer, and they need to look at what would happen in scenarios where the top B teams would get to the top of their leagues and how that would affect the other clubs. But in principle I think its a good idea.

Some people mentioned bringing the reserve leagues back, but is that league really competitive? I suspect most players (excluding youth) wouldnt really care about the results and see it as a workout. Playing in a genuine league will definitely help improve the youngsters at the club, no doubt about that - more than a reserve league. There is a lot of questions around how it work and who would it benefit, but why not talk about it and weed out the stuff that doesnt work instead of getting angry at the proposal and dismissing it completely.

Personally I think a lot more needs to done on football development before the kids get to the age of 18. They need to be much better technically like they are in Germany and Spain. For that much better coaching and facilities is needed throughout the UK. And this should be funded by the FA and PL. That is what they should be concentrating on.

Kill@r33



Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 am

Kill@r33 wrote:
whiteensign wrote:
Kill@r33 wrote:Personally I think its a good idea... I dont get the negativity around it. The competitive environment would def help the youngsters coming through and you can make better judgements on who will make it and who will not. I think a lot of the details around how it would work need to be ironed out but Im not against it. Reserve teams would not be able to promote to the same league as the A team.

Troll Wink

Im not trolling, I genuinely believe that it could work. Obviously theres a lot of details that need to be worked out to make sure that lower league clubs do not suffer, and they need to look at what would happen in scenarios where the top B teams would get to the top of their leagues and how that would affect the other clubs. But in principle I think its a good idea.

Some people mentioned bringing the reserve leagues back, but is that league really competitive? I suspect most players (excluding youth) wouldnt really care about the results and see it as a workout. Playing in a genuine league will definitely help improve the youngsters at the club, no doubt about that - more than a reserve league. There is a lot of questions around how it work and who would it benefit, but why not talk about it and weed out the stuff that doesnt work instead of getting angry at the proposal and dismissing it completely.

Personally I think a lot more needs to done on football development before the kids get to the age of 18. They need to be much better technically like they are in Germany and Spain. For that much better coaching and facilities is needed throughout the UK. And this should be funded by the FA and PL. That is what they should be concentrating on.
I think it would be easy to make a reserve league competitive, give the winners a chance to play in the Europa league.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Fri May 09, 2014 11:30 am

A few years back Spurs withdrew from the Reserve League. Their reasoning was simple and similar to what Kill@r33 is arguing in favour of 'B' teams for. Instead of having a reserve team they would loan their reserves out to teams lower down the pyramid (and sometimes even fellow PL clubs) to get genuine first team competitive experience.

I'd genuinely say that this is a way I'd prefer clubs to work. It helps rather than harms genuine lower league clubs with genuine fans and would quite often operate higher up the pyramid than 'B' teams would initially. Similarly, the use of feeder clubs ( http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t360-feeder-clubs ) would work better as well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Kill@r33 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:18 pm

You have to look at the advantages and disadvantages of the proposal.

Advantages:

1) Helps the development of youth for the top clubs thus meaning more will come through the ranks
2) It will increase the profile (imo) of the leagues the B clubs are playing in which would increase revenue
3) The clubs affected will be compensated yearly for the privilege of playing in their league effectively.
4) The B clubs would try to play in a style that matches their A teams and that in turn would improve the quality of the football in the lower leagues in the long run

Disadvantages:

1) Lose the tradition that the lower leagues have
2) The potential is there that the B teams effectively become the best teams in their divisions leading to teams who finished mid table getting promoted.
3) Unfair how clubs competing at a certain level would have to play B teams who have relatively no restrictions.
4) Bit of a piss take when league pros on average on less than £50k a year come against kids who have not played a min of competitive football but are on £20k a week.
5) Evidence suggests B teams of even huge clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid have very poor support and virtually no away support.

Theres a whole bunch of issue here, probably enough for it never to see the light of day. But the media plus fan outcry is ridiculous. Why not at least debate the issues.

Kill@r33



Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Kill@r33 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Another thing not right is the pretext that it would increase the amount of English players in the league and thus help England in the future. Two problems with that. 1) The top English players generally break through to the A team at 18/19. Think Rooney/Gerrard/Walcott etc. 2) The 'big' youth teams generally have their pick of talent throughout Europe and even the world.

Kill@r33



Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by whiteensign on Sat May 31, 2014 12:23 pm

sign here
avatar
whiteensign



Posts : 327
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 42
Location : Sydney/Redditch

Back to top Go down

B league - what do you think ?

Post by bruka on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm

I reckon the B league was a good idea - just wondered what everyone else's opinion was ?

bruka



Posts : 360
Reputation : 170
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 30
Location : Wolvo

Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Not for me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: FA to introduce 'B' teams to League?

Post by bruka on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Not only do i think it would benefit the England team but i reckon we'd benefit from it as well - our youngsters playing week in, week out for something that was worth playing for (Promotion) would surely elevate their games. Although i can see the other side of the coin where the top of the Prem would look like this in 5 years ....

1. Man City
2. Man City B
3. Chelsea
4. Chelsea B

bruka



Posts : 360
Reputation : 170
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 30
Location : Wolvo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum