The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game (Sir Brian)

4 posters

Go down

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) Empty Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game (Sir Brian)

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 pm

980 was a very important year for Aston Villa's former striker Brian Little.

It was the year he hung up his boots as a professional footballer after a ten-year career at Villa park, notching 60 goals in 247 appearances.

Brian like many other professional footballers when they retire, had to ask himself the question: What next for me?

The immediate future for Little was to take on a role as youth team coach at Villa but he also began to forge a career in the media, something which offered further work in the industry but was not as prominent as it is today.

Little was very unlucky with injuries and had to retire earlier than expected: “I was injured as a 25-year-old footballer and had to retire at 27.

“During my rehab period I did some local radio co-commentating and enjoyed it but I kept my options open so I also did my coaching qualifications.

Read more at Sutton Coldfield Observer's site.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) Empty Re: Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game (Sir Brian)

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Brian was in the Lions Club on Saturday. Legend and perfect gentleman.

I did ask him what he was doing next season as we may be looking for a new manager. He replied something along the lines
'I don't know about that'.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) Empty Re: Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game (Sir Brian)

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Definitely a legend. Is he in the club's Hall of Fame, and if not, why not?

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Sir Brian was my era. He was the own I pretended to be in the playground. My all time favourite player...
prmort

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 am

He was my idol, I even had a perm...

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Thu May 08, 2014 7:50 am

Brian Little Walks On Water.......
whiteensign
whiteensign

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Thu May 08, 2014 8:27 am

My all time Villa hero, I met him for the first time at the Locarno at a meet the players event before the League Cup Final against Norwich. I have never been so in awe of anyone, before or since. Loved his team of the 90's and shed a tear when he walked away. He can do no wrong in my eyes. F8cking delighted he didn't move to small heath though or things could have been very different!
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat May 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Fergal wrote:He was my idol, I even had a perm...

Cant remember him with curls  afro 
Wookster
Wookster

Aston Villa hero continues his passion for the beautiful game  (Sir Brian) 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 7:30 pm

He once had a shaggy perm, I had one and finished up looking like a microphone...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down