The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Howard Hodgson - An Introduction

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Howard Hodgson - An Introduction

Post by HH 8166 on Tue May 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Fans deserve better Ian. Its a real testament to the loyalty of the fans that despite 4 years on the spin of failure and struggle we still average 36,000 crowds. However without a takeover this summer or a continuation of the way the club has been run we will see a big drop next season.
The good news is I am convinced a takeover will happen and us fans can start to enjoy it again.

HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Absolutely Howard, good news is on the horizon at last. We deserve it.

Back to top Go down

Post by bootneck on Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 am

What a brilliant thread this is.
Howard do you have any idea if RL got to read your letter or do you think PF binned it ?
When the revolution comes (and if you were invited), would you have time to help/advise with a seat on the board.  With your love of the club, it's fans and it's history coupled with your undoubted business acumen, you could offer your expertise and be the fans link to the owners.
bootneck

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 on Thu May 08, 2014 12:05 pm

@bootneck wrote:What a brilliant thread this is.
Howard do you have any idea if RL got to read your letter or do you think PF binned it ?
When the revolution comes (and if you were invited), would you have time to help/advise with a seat on the board.  With your love of the club, it's fans and it's history coupled with your undoubted business acumen, you could offer your expertise and be the fans link to the owners.

I'd do it with pleasure for free.. I've told Lerner that in the past but not interested. I'd be more than happy to make time for the new owners but they probably won't need me as with a bit of luck they will learn from Lerner's mistakes.
As for the letter I don't know. He had replied to another one in the past and Faulkner assured me both Lerner and Lambert had seen it and were furious about it!  :evil: Not sure why? It was pretty reasonable and all has panned out as predicted.

HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Seems a bizarre way to treat a customer.

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 on Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 am

Ian wrote:Seems a bizarre way to treat a customer.

Indeed.. Especially one who has had a season ticket for 34 years and the last 2 years sponsored many games and spent thousands in corporate hospitality.. Faulkner instead spoke to me like a naughty school boy. Not professional at all.

HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees on Fri May 09, 2014 12:14 pm

@HH 8166 wrote:Thanks very much guys.. Have to say the site is refreshing with less cynics than on most Villa websites.

I believe that there is a strong recruitment drive going on that will increase the number of cynics exponentially  Wink 

thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:15 pm

@thetrees wrote:
@HH 8166 wrote:Thanks very much guys.. Have to say the site is refreshing with less cynics than on most Villa websites.

I believe that there is a strong recruitment drive going on that will increase the number of cynics exponentially  Wink 

Are you TheTrees from VT.. Expert in aviation?  :) 

HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees on Fri May 09, 2014 12:21 pm

@HH 8166 wrote:
@thetrees wrote:

I am the one, although I do not profess expertise, merely an observant eye and a reasonably analytical mind!

Had I known that you 'knew' me, I would have introduced myself at the Cardiff away game. I was on the table next to yours Very Happy 

thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:26 pm

@thetrees wrote:
@HH 8166 wrote:
@thetrees wrote:

I am the one, although I do not profess expertise, merely an observant eye and a reasonably analytical mind!

Had I known that you 'knew' me, I would have introduced myself at the Cardiff away game. I was on the table next to yours Very Happy 

That was my Father and brother (Jamieson).. I did not go to that game..

I don't know you but your posts on VT (a site I never visit) are famous for sightings of Lerner's jet and often make it to my twitter feed. Anyway nice to make your acquaintance.

If you read some of the stuff (Some is on here) I have written in last 3 months I also have analytical mind.. UTV

HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees on Fri May 09, 2014 12:49 pm

@HH 8166 wrote:
@thetrees wrote:
@HH 8166 wrote:
@thetrees wrote:

That was my Father and brother (Jamieson).. I did not go to that game..

I don't know you but your posts on VT (a site I never visit) are famous for sightings of Lerner's jet and often make it to my twitter feed. Anyway nice to make your acquaintance.

If you read some of the stuff (Some is on here) I have written in last 3 months I also have analytical mind.. UTV

Ah ha. I recognised your father. It was a good one to miss anyway.
Likewise, and I hope that some of your analyses come true. Having renewed my season ticket without any expectation of anything better, I am hoping to be proven wrong. UTV

thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri May 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Welcome aboard trees. I know you received a little flak for your observations. Could really do with that info in the coming days. Are you willing to share on here? Any info greatly received. Nice to see you still posting anyway.

I tweeted you H but really sorry to hear about poor Bozzie, hope he fights and is better soon mate
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees on Fri May 09, 2014 12:57 pm

TheEgo wrote:Welcome aboard trees. I know you received a little flak for your observations. Could really do with that info in the coming days. Are you willing to share on here? Any info greatly received. Nice to see you still posting anyway.

I tweeted you H but really sorry to hear about poor Bozzie, hope he fights and is better soon mate

Thanks
If you stick your head above the parapet, there are always people who like to take pot shots, as Howard will testify. Fortunately I have a few friends who made a few quid on the back of my postings.

I continue to observe. If I see anything that potentially matches up I will share on here and VT.

thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri May 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Good man. I read VT and have posted a few times in recent weeks. There so only so much you can post though. Are you on twitter? Give me a follow if so.
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Just to echo mattys words howard - hope bozzie comes through his health problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Where has Howard fucked off to?
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

@Terry Derry wrote:Where has Howard fucked off to?
Busy with other commitments i believe.
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:54 am

@NARLA24 wrote:
@Terry Derry wrote:Where has Howard fucked off to?
Busy with other commitments i believe.

Any sign of him yet?
Unusual for a bloke who spends all his time in the Directors Box that he is on the board of AVST.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Still no sign of him.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Sun May 14, 2017 12:35 am

Thought I would give you a few months, Howard. At the Blues game, was that Peaky Blinders outfit some sort of fancy dress? Very good if it was, although quite a few people thought you looked a prat.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:09 am

I notice that you represent the Aston Villa Supporters Trust, Howard. Well done. What are you taking forward at your next meeting with the Club? I'm sure that you will already have on your list the diabolical service at kiosks around the ground, but if not, please raise it. I ordered a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape and had to wait ages for it.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum