The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Feeder Clubs

5 posters

Go down

Feeder Clubs Empty Feeder Clubs

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 pm

There has been a story circulating up here for a while about Everton linking up with Dundee FC in a kind of feeder club arrangement where Dundee would get some of Everton's more promising yougsters on loan. Similarly, there was a claim in one newspaper that prior to their reincorporation as a newco and subsequent relegation Rangers were going to participate in a triangular relationship with Tottenham and Charlton but Craig Whyte proved unreceptive to the idea at the time.

Could Villa benefit from such an arrangement? Would you be for or against this kind of thing?

I think it is something worth considering in the event of a takeover because it would mean that young players who may get fewer opportunities at a wealthier Villa could get first team experience. Secondly, a potential new owner may already own another club in another league allowing the kind of relationship there is between Watford and Udinese.

Back to top Go down

Feeder Clubs Empty Re: Feeder Clubs

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

I think we would need a few feeders in say America, where they increase our profile by playing friendlies out their and we help them with scouting and coaches etc.
A club in league one and one in league two. To send 17/18's out. One in the Championship to send out players for match practice for a few games when coming back from injury and first teamers not getting a look in. And maybe a club in Belgium to get around any work permit issues? My two cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Don't Man City have a tie up with a MLS Club?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Don't Man City have a tie up with a MLS Club?

Them and the Yankees are buying another club well setting a new club up in New York, so I remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Good idea. Would love to see us link up with a Belgian club seeing as there's a fair amount of talent coming from there in recent years. We need to think strategically, I feel we are well behind other clubs in so many areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holte139 Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Let's get our new owners to buy Blues and turn then into an 'Aston Villa B' like what Barcelona and Real have!
Holte139

Feeder Clubs 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

No, no, no, no, no!

They are too valueable as a comedy act to become our feeder club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Part of the takeover rumor is based on exactly the same. It would be a good and needed thing.
EDIT QUICKLY.............................Not the noses, i did not mean the noses, calm down. Handbags! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 pm

I'd love it.

Get a team from the Championship or Scottish Premier League, a team from on the continent (Belgium? Austria? Holland?) and one from an emerging market (USA? Japan? China?) and agree to share scouting networks, allow players to move on loan and set up a preseason tournament, our equivalent of the Emirates Cup maybe, where the host rotates every year.

That sounds like it would be fun.
Aesorian
Aesorian

Feeder Clubs 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

PDC Lion wrote:EDIT QUICKLY.............................Not the noses, i did not mean the noses, calm down. Handbags! 
Glad you clarified that, Dan. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Could we feed our manager to another club, please?

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Really excited to think about us ending up with academies and club's across the globe, FFP will be non existent to us once we got income flying in from all over the world and the Villa Park development hotel complex's museum and commercial buildings around the place,

Anyone heard Dr T mention about Villa Park plans yet i presume they will start once we are back where we belong.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Feeder Clubs 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Although I'm in Brissie and have taken the kids to a couple of Roar games, I have to admit to having little more than a passing interest in the A-League.

Coming home tonight though, I heard that the players and staff have been paid after some time going without as the current owners have only managed to stump up half of the money they initially promised. And that promise was $1m.

One.

I'd say they were ripe for the picking
Trotters
Trotters

Feeder Clubs 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Trotters wrote:Although I'm in Brissie and have taken the kids to a couple of Roar games, I have to admit to having little more than a passing interest in the A-League.

Coming home tonight though, I heard that the players and staff have been paid after some time going without as the current owners have only managed to stump up half of the money they initially promised. And that promise was $1m.

One.

I'd say they were ripe for the picking  

Sounds like Dr T could well pick up a bargain for a club over there, so long as it isn't Newcastle Jets that name won't sit well for some reason associated with our club unless we rename it Villa Jets Very Happy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Feeder Clubs 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:50 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Really excited to think about us ending up with academies and club's across the globe, FFP will be non existent to us once we got income flying in from all over the world and the Villa Park development hotel complex's museum and commercial buildings around the place,

Anyone heard Dr T mention about Villa Park plans yet i presume they will start once we are back where we belong.

I don't think the plans have been made public yet, but today Xia tweeted a picture of himself with the Birmingham Mayor and council leader. So maybe he was with them to discuss planning permission. I think Hollis said at one point that he not only has plans for Villa Park itself, but the whole of Aston.
deadbuzzardalive

Feeder Clubs 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down