The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Who Would You Keep Next Season.

+21
Sceptical Villan
Andy_Villa
Ferry-Eddie
TJVillan
mDigital
bootneck
ejs1111
Dek of Villa
California Villain
kimbo
tbarrules
UnclePanda
Queneau
Morgan Villa
HalfTimePost
ROTTERDAM1982
Ned the Platypus
aboclaretandblue
Trotters
Cha Ching
Kippaxvilla
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who Would You Keep Next Season. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Would You Keep Next Season.

Post by kimbo Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:59 am

Subject to a shiny new owner and manager, with lots of money to spend on shiny new players, I think one of the first things I'd do if I was them, would be to meet up with Benteke, and say, "Right then lad, bet you're glad you didn't go to Spurs now aintcha? Lets talk..." and outline him as a key component moving forward. People have slagged him off and at times he ain't been great of course, but sometimes I look at our team and think we could have Messi and Ronaldo up top and they'd still look worryingly average with our dross tactics and personnel. A fit Benteke could be a wonderful starting point for a manager to build around.

Aside from him... slim pickings for first XI players, though I am sure a fair amount will be hanging around for the first year at least. To me the key is to get quality in for the regular starting XI; though there are a few I'd like to see shot of asap, most of the players can do a 'squad player' role while re-building happens.

(Apart from Luna. Good grief, get that man somewhere else. Anywhere else. Please.)

First team regulars though...? Guzan, for sure. Okore, probably, should he be fit - I think he could be great for us. After that? Pfft. Um... I guess Vlaar, probably Bertrand if signed, maybe Delph. But there ain't many I'd be happy to see as a regular starter after this season.

Y'know, subject to the changes we're all hoping for, and all that.
kimbo
kimbo

Who Would You Keep Next Season. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Who Would You Keep Next Season. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Would You Keep Next Season.

Post by California Villain Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 am

Lambert - no way!
Guzan - yes
Bacuna - Yes (can't understand the stick he gets)
Bertrand - yes (but he'll surely have better options)
Vlaar - yes
Baker - no - second out
Westwood - yes
El Ahamadi - yes
Delph - yes
Gabby - yes
Holt - shouldn't even be on this list
Benteke - yes
Albrighton - yes
Lowton - yes
Bennett - no
Zog - no
Kozak - yes
Helenius - no
Luna - no
California Villain
California Villain

Who Would You Keep Next Season. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:54 am

We need a clean canvas, then write the names: Guzan, Siegrest,( promote to 1st team squad)) Viaar, Okore, Bertrand, (buy) Donacien,(squad) Bacuna (squad)  Clark (squad) Delph, Westwood (squad) Albrighton (squad) Grealish ( promote 1st team squad) Benteke, Kosak, Robinson Gabby ( squad and only impact player late in games) ( promote 1st team squad)......We would then need to replace the players below with far more better quality and technique.

Release/Sell: Steer, Hutton, Baker, Bennett, Luna, Lowton, Stevens, N'Zogbia, KEA, Herd, Sylla, Gardner, Tonev, Helenius, Weimann, Bowery, Delfouneso and Bent.

This would represent a Hugh clear-out, but we have financially stayed still for the last 3 seasons and have accumulated at best, average championship level players whilst teams that was once in our wake like Stoke,West Ham, Southampton and Swansea have now overtaken us which for a club with the status of Aston Villa - is unforgivable and Lerner should fall on his sword and depart.

Whoever does take us over, has got a massive job on their hands and as per usual, it will take time and once again, we will be asked to show patience!

Up the Villa Scarf Waving
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 pm

This is assuming we are either taken over... or RL stumps up funds as discussed in the 5yr plan.

I dont think its realistic to assume we can just sweep out everyone and sign a 'new' team in one window. More likely we would be able to get 5-7 new players... the quality is depended on the budget obviously. Ideally, 4-5 of those players could walk right into the first 11, then the remaining 2-3 new players could provide better competition to truly strengthen the squad depth.

I am hopeful we have $30-$40 million for 7 players instead of our typical $15-$20 million. That alone would make a huge difference in the overall quality of player we could try to acquire. We dont need to sign world beaters like Messi/Bale/etc... just a higher quality of 'young and hungry' mantra.

I am counting on Villa being able to sell off a couple more bomb squad players (prolly not all), freeing up more funds to pay the higher wages these new players will demand. If we can sell off: NZog, Bent, and Hutton... I would call this window a huge success.
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by bootneck Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 pm

I'd definitely get rid of Agbonlahor. Millions of pounds per year and 3 goals. He's taking the p..s Weimann with 4 should go as well. They are not premiership class,
bootneck
bootneck

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:08 am

Guzan - yes
Bacuna - yeah
Bertrand - yes (if we can)
Vlaar - yes
Baker & Clark - yes, these are a decent CBs to have as back-up, not on massive wages, and you never know might even come good (Premier League good!)
El Ahamadi - i'm happy for him to stay one more season before his contract runs out in 2015
Delph - yes
Gabby - same as KEA, he's not been great this season, but i doubt he'll want to leave this summer anyway.
Holt - no
Benteke - yes
Albrighton - yes
Bennett - yeah, back-up
Lowton - yes, I've not written him off yet, he could be our back-up anyway
N'Zogbia - no
Kozak - yes
Okore -yes
Westwood - yes, squad player at the least
Helenius - yes
Luna - maybe, if we play the right system i think we should give him a try on the left-wing (like Bennett has recently)
Herd - no, don't know what's going on with this guy
Tonev - maybe just send him out on-loan and hopefully he finds some form
Gardner - offer a one-year contract, a chance
Weimann - nah
Steer - why not
Bent - probably just go out on-loan again for the final year of his contract, i can't see who would buy him.

That leaves the likes of: Bowery, Sylla, Stevens, Hutton, Given, and Delfouneso.
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by TJVillan Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:22 am

Sell/Release: Given Siegrist Hutton Herd Stevens Johnson Stieber N'Zogbia Bent Delfouneso Burke Bowery (Holt)

Squad: Guzan Steer Lowton Bacuna Vlaar Okore Clark Baker Bennett Westwood Delph El Ahmadi Albrighton Grealish Carruthers Benteke Kozak Weimann Agbonlahor (Bertrand if cheap enough).

Loan to Championship: Gardner (New 1 year contract) Luna Sylla Tonev Helenius Robinson.

Loan to League 1: Drennan Graham Donacien Webb Kinsella.

Buy: 1 Center Back, 1 Left Back (Bertrand?), 2 Center mids, 1 winger, 1 attacking midfielder, 1 striker (possibly on loan).
TJVillan
TJVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferry-Eddie Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:26 am

First post: why'd the duck you you want to keep bent. We pro ably couldn't give him away. He looks even worse at Fulham than he does at the villa. Ffs. Get a ducking grip.
Ferry-Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:42 am

I've referred to Bent many times in the past as "Housebrick". For the simple reason that if you stuck a house brick on the penalty spot, sooner or later the ball will hit it and bounce in.

He strikes me as a lad that made his money and will be happy to spend the rest of his life using it to have his way with [snip....TBAR lawyers].
Trotters
Trotters

Who Would You Keep Next Season. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Have to agree. I think he's a busted flush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:18 pm

None of them. Useless shithouses to a man...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Guzan, Benteke, Delph, Albrighton and Vlaar the rest can get out of my club.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:56 pm

I now am of the opinion that Guzan is only good enough as a back up to a top keeper or release as well.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Andy_Villa wrote:None of them. Useless shithouses to a man...
Best reply to date
Diablo
Diablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Seems pretty close to the mark to me too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 pm

these are the only players i would keep. ones not mentioned sell or loan out.
First team - Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore, Delph, Benteke, Westwood.
Squad - Gabby, Albrighton, Lowton, Kea, Clark, Bennett, NZogbia.

Along with a new manager i think we need minimum of four players to come straight into the first team next year if we are to improve. I think a new manager with an idea on how to play attacking football would be able to utilise Nzogbia, As for Gabby i think with a decent manager, his future if he still has one at the club will be as a last 25 minute impact sub. He doesnt offer us enough anymore to be starting.
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:12 am

Get rid of each and every one of the useless c***s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:35 am

Get off the fence Bazz.

Back to top Go down

Post by SOTC Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Vlaar? the guy's useless. He is caught out of position so often although he is the best of a very poor bunch of defenders.

Guzan is the only 1st team player worthy of our shirt.

Delph, can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle why would anyone want to keep him?

Benteke? good player who isn't interested in Aston Villa get rid ASAP.

Okore? from the little we saw he isn't yet ready but one for the future.

Albrighton? he doing well at the moment but what will we see if he is given a new contract? get rid.

The rest are so bad I can't be bothered even remembering their names.
SOTC

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:17 pm

The kit man ???
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2