The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Randy Lerner speaks

+12
Queneau
One Little Bit
CTVillan
stevo
villabromsgrove
Trodinho
Trezzy
Cha Ching
Dek of Villa
danclare82
erdingtonb24
Andy_Villa
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Randy Lerner speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Randy Lerner speaks

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

CTVillan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:You can see the subtext there quite clearly. Please don't get us relegated and leave me stuck.

Spot on! It's a cry for help from a worried man. If and when we stagger over the finishing line with our Prem status still intact, a huge weight will be lifted off Randy's shoulders. Possibly for the last time!

It does smack of "Come on down to Villa on Saturday and roar me on to a tidy profit". But that would hopefully be a win-win for us all, RL gets his cash and we get the takeover we desire.
I would willingly settle for that!
villabromsgrove

Randy Lerner speaks - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Eastie wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:Learners statement is too late.  We needed him to say something meaningful months ago, he las lost the fans as much as Lambert has.

Do you think he's said anything really meaningful today ?
Seems a bit wishy washy to me.
I haven't had time to read it all but I doubt if there is anything meaningful in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Bit of an obvious statement to come out with, but a statement non the less.
A bit to late me thinks.
Infact, it does sound like a get behind the club because better times are on the way, as long as we stay up. Just an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by One Little Bit Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Nothing to see here for me. Meaningless pap written by some PR flunky.
One Little Bit
One Little Bit

Randy Lerner speaks - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Queneau Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Pretty confident that Lerner will sell Villa now. He has backed Lambert, which tells you all you need to know really. After the Villa fans chanting for Lambert to leave at the end of the Palace game (with Palace fans joining in) it's quite obvious he can't go any further. So, if he sells the new owner is not likely to hesitate in giving him the chop.
Queneau
Queneau

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:21 pm

As someone earlier said,a lot of words telling us nothing really.
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 pm

why do most fans think that every communication that comes from the club is PR spin? or a meaning different to what it says?

Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Trezzy wrote:why do most fans think that every communication that comes from the club is PR spin? or a meaning different to what it says?

Probably because a lot of us have little or no faith in those running the club at present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Eastie.. which makes it more believable to me that Lambert actually did call for the changes of the coaching staff, like you say, how would the CEO no what good training is?
Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Queneau Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Eastie wrote:
Trezzy wrote:why do most fans think that every communication that comes from the club is PR spin? or a meaning different to what it says?

Probably because a lot of us have little or no faith in those running the club at present.

Because, that's true of most official statements. The full truth is never going to be revealed or broadcast, is it?
Queneau
Queneau

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Trezzy wrote:Eastie.. which makes it more believable to me that Lambert actually did call for the changes of the coaching staff, like you say, how would the CEO no what good training is?

Lambert has worked with these guys for years and calls them his eyes and ears - his was waxing lyrical about how great culverhouse and karsa were - so if they are so bad why didn't he know that ?

He froze shay given out to the point given tweeted only weeks ago about villa being keen to get rid of him - hardly likely to be lamberts first choice to assist him .

Looks like lambert Iscisolated and has had these decisions made for him - pity he didn't walk and join the other pair .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 pm

it's not so much that we think such statements are PR spin or has a different meaning. It is just analysis. Like, if Obama makes a huge speech tonight people won't just sit around on tv parroting what he said, they will analyse, and debate the significance of the speech.

The cub obviously want to put their best foot forward in their statements and hope to set the media agenda. We are the fans and know that things aren't right and haven't been for four seasons. We are naturally going to scrutinise these grandiose statements and point to instances when we heard similar things (after McLeish) and shrug our shoulders until we actually see evidence of change.

Back to top Go down

Post by stevo Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

one guy says they do and the other says they dont lol

the simple answer is, none of us know whats going on but like to think we can read between the lines cause if we take a paragraph from a while ago and add it to a piece of a statement that was said today we can look at it whatever way we like. for example, villa dont want given as a player, but they seem to not mind him as a coach.

heres a guy stating that he knows on this link what to make of it http://justpaste.it/VT is it real ? is it fake? ur guess is as good as mine.

stevo
stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:37 pm

One Little Bit wrote:Nothing to see here for me. Meaningless pap written by some PR flunky.

Precisely! It may as well read "General Secretary Chernenko says he is sorry to miss today's May Day Parade and exhibition of our great Soviet military superiority but confirms that he is not dead. Honestly. No really. Really, I swear on Lenin's grave. Ok, mausoleum then".
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 pm

stevo wrote:one guy says they do and the other says they dont lol

the simple answer is, none of us know whats going on but like to think we can read between the lines cause if we take a paragraph from a while ago and add it to a piece of a statement that was said today we can look at it whatever way we like. for example, villa dont want given as a player, but they seem to not mind him as a coach.

heres a guy stating that he knows on this link what to make of it http://justpaste.it/VT is it real ? is it fake? ur guess is as good as mine.

The author of this piece is passing on information from a trusted source.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:21 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

Someone posted it this morning on another thread where it was discussed - I find the author to be a reliable decent bloke .

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Eastie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Someone posted it this morning on another thread where it was discussed - I find the author to be a reliable decent bloke .
You're right Eastie, Trent PM'ed me earlier today to reiterate that while he's not ITK, this is far more than just opinion. A respected poster.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 pm

What we really need is for Learner to turn up to the games and take control of the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:What we really need is for Learner to turn up to the games and take control of the club.

Could be even worse if that happened  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Been out at work for a few hours. Come back and find some of the best posts on a football forum i have ever had the pleasure to read.
What a refreshing change this site is.
Cheers everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Been out at work for a few hours. Come back and find some of the best posts on a football forum i have ever had the pleasure to read.
Cheers everybody.

Agreed dan, it's like we have transferred from Stockport county to Real Madrid - quality forum and quality people :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Been out at work for a few hours. Come back and find some of the best posts on a football forum i have ever had the pleasure to read.
Cheers everybody.

Agreed dan, it's like we have transferred from Stockport county to Real Madrid - quality forum and quality people :)
I love you too :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Cheers everybody.

The correct spelling my friend is two. " I love you two."
Us two love you too, so i have been told. Dancing Banana 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Cheers everybody.

The correct spelling my friend is two. " I love you two."
Us two love you too, so i have been told. Dancing Banana 

Speak for yourself, I'm a happily married man  bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next