The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Culverhouse sacked

+43
kimbo
River
Rogerh
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
HarryAVFC
HH 8166
Amistbah
heykey89
Queneau
Wookster
Since75
Cha Ching
villabromsgrove
jimmyhill75
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villa_loyal
hurdy
Ron Dalian
pooligan
erdingtonb24
RichRunner
Uber_lowey
Elagabalus
aboclaretandblue
Dek of Villa
Frank Leigh
PHXVilla
danclare82
CTVillan
hennigab
Mich
Dinkleham
Donnie Wyer
Andy_Villa
VDOG
Thinman
dazzavilla
Mr Jones
Boz
GadgetMan
Andyh
Trotters
Admin
47 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Culverhouse sacked - Page 10 Empty Re: Culverhouse sacked

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 pm

HH 8166 wrote:Bottom line is Lambert insisted he had them here and they have been here for over 70 prem games. They work under Lambert.. He is their boss and its therefore his responsibility.. It's a ridiculous notion that he should not be held accountable for their behaviour especially as it now appears they have been like this at other clubs. A good journalist I know says Lambert is the biggest bully of them all.. Sid running it now anyway with change in routines to the build up of the game on Sat (Stayed in Hotel the night before, coach brought them to Villa Park, none of which Lambert has ever done or wanted) so it does beg the question why Lambert is still there? Can only be because Lerner doesn't want to pay him off as in my mind his position is untenable.. Probably waiting for the new owner to wave him goodbye..

I agree, suspend them and let the new owner sack them and lambert - lerner is not as daft as he looks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 pm

The club's annual presentation night is going to be embarrassing if Lambert is presenting the awards. The made McLeish do it. He got on with it cheerfully enough. How will Lambert manage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:38 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:The club's annual presentation night is going to be embarrassing if Lambert is presenting the awards. The made McLeish do it. He got on with it cheerfully enough. How will Lambert manage?

Don't worry he will get paid off for doing a shit job - he will cope !

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:41 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:The club's annual presentation night is going to be embarrassing if Lambert is presenting the awards. The made McLeish do it. He got on with it cheerfully enough. How will Lambert manage?

I went to the awards dinner last year.. Lambert was so popular then.. How things can change in a year.. Pulis was deemed finished and Lambert a bright manager… A year on….? I also saw N Zogbia storm out and get driven away early on at that dinner and Faulkner said he had no future here. That was before he ruptured his achilles.
HH 8166

Culverhouse sacked - Page 10 0_star10

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Lap of honour will be fun

HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Culverhouse sacked - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm

HH 8166 wrote:

I went to the awards dinner last year.. Lambert was so popular then.. How things can change in a year.. Pulis was deemed finished and Lambert a bright manager… A year on….? I also saw N Zogbia storm out and get driven away early on at that dinner and Faulkner said he had no future here. That was before he ruptured his achilles.

The way faulkner and Lerner have treated you is disgusting mate - they can't handle the truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Eastie wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

The way faulkner and Lerner have treated you is disgusting mate - they can't handle the truth!

Faulkner is paranoid and weak, Lerner is disinterested and desperate to sell and Lambert has been found out to be a one trick pony manager who can set up a team to sit deep and counter attack which works well V top 4 or any open attacking team but when the majority of the Prem play us they have worked us out and say to Villa "You have the ball, you break us down". Lambert's Villa have no idea how to deal with that as they seem petrified to run off the ball and lose defensive shape which results in sideways, backwards, hoof! Until the three of them disappear we won't achieve anything. Hopefully that day is near.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Whatever you say about McLeish, the man had class.

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:

Not my idea of a good football manager. Far too negative and wary of not losing rather than winning. However he is a decent man. Far nicer man than the current manager in my opinion. Bottom line both wrong for Villa.. After 8 years of seeing low possession, poor ball retention, too much reliance on counter attack football I am eager to see something different.
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:Villa could do with releasing any verdict ASAP to stop too much speculation.
This whole sordid story is an embarrassment.

This for me. Though to be honest I wouldn't be too surprised if their is some kind of non-disclosure agreement around it. That wouldn't be helpful considering how damaging some of the more severe accusations are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jones Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm

which to me makes Lambert's position untenable. It's directly analogous to Clegg claiming he knew nothing about Cyril Smith. And by continuing to support Lambert, Randy's further denuding Villa's stock imho
Mr Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
Farrell_10 wrote:

After 8 years of seeing low possession, poor ball retention, too much reliance on counter attack football I am eager to see something different.

Neutrals must really dislike us. We have been awful to watch in a very long time and it's like the whole club glories in being able to get smash and grab wins on the counter as though it is 'the villa way'. What happens when a team parks the bus? We have no plan to break them down.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:20 pm

We will be fighting for the title next season lads. Don't worry
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Frank Leigh wrote:Villa could do with releasing any verdict ASAP to stop too much speculation.

They should sack them, reinstate them for a couple of days, and then sack them once more. In that way they could go again.
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogerh Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:08 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:We will be fighting for the title next season lads. Don't worry

Yes! But which one?  Sad 
Rogerh
Rogerh

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Good question
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogerh Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

I think we all just desperately want this season to be over. Hopefully with the required points on the board, then we can maybe relax a bit and start to dream, instead of witnessing all the in-fighting and angst going on amongst Villa fans at the moment.
Rogerh
Rogerh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Cathal Coughlan's Dog wrote:

They should sack them, reinstate them for a couple of days, and then sack them once more.  In that way they could go again.
 Drumroll Please Drumroll Please Drumroll Please Drumroll Please Drumroll Please Drumroll Please Drumroll Please 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 pm

HH 8166 wrote:

Are all these injuries coincidences or is it how they have trained? We have had more than our fair share.

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:57 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

Are all these injuries coincidences or is it how they have trained? We have had more than our fair share.

I don't know on that. We had lots of injuries under Houllier as well but for sure they have been costly. Not as costly though as Lambert's limited tactics and very questionable man management skills..
HH 8166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
The Bald Eagle wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

I don't know on that.  We had lots of injuries under Houllier as well but for sure they have been costly. Not as costly though as Lambert's limited tactics and very questionable man management skills..

I believe you make your own luck and that's why we have been a shambles for for years. Houllier was a bad appointment who changed too much too soon and was generally quite bolshie. Problems with injuries since then were worsened by failing to invest in strong squads. Even loaning in a defender either January window could have helped us gain a few extra points. We have just been run so badly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 1:19 am

Apologies if posted elsewhere, didn't see it

Mirror wrote:Aston Villa tonight dismissed assistant manager Ian Culverhouse.

Head of Football Operations Gary Karsa also left the club earlier this month, after the pair were suspended
in April.

Karsa faced the more serious allegations, including bullying members of staff.

They left, pending an internal investigation. But boss Paul Lambert is staying and can now recruit two replacements.

Meanwhile, Wigan have told striker Grant Holt he can go - after returning from a loan spell at Villa.

Experienced Holt still has a couple of years left on his contract but Uwe Rosler wants him out and is willing to let him go on the cheap.

Holt was snapped up by his former Norwich boss Lambert in the January transfer window for a temporary return to the Premier League, but the frontman, 33, is unlikely to get a permanent move to Villa Park.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-dismiss-paul-lamberts-3597755#ixzz32aV4jMn8
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by RichRunner Sat May 24, 2014 11:37 am

Lambert must go next. Unfortunately I can see him staying and Grant Holt being the first signing of the summer.

Next season is going to be even more of a disaster than the last with mumbling fuckwit in charge.
RichRunner
RichRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 2:36 pm

@doogan_brian: In response to media reports, speculation & inquiries, can confirm both Ian Culverhouse & Gary Karsa have been dismissed #avfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat May 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Why is Lambert recruiting replacements?

He wouldn't be doing that if a takeover was in the offing. I'm getting very confused.
Thinman
Thinman

Culverhouse sacked - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next