The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Its getting quieter & quieter

+5
FoxyAV
Dazzle
achilles
deadbuzzardalive
Saunders82
9 posters

Go down

Its getting quieter & quieter Empty Its getting quieter & quieter

Post by Saunders82 Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:36 pm

I thought at first that I was going deaf over the last few weeks but in reality the noise from our local wanna be's, has died down and hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly. I know we have the International break but that will give some players the chance to get fitter or over injuries, momentum is starting to build & so of course is confidence, I know there is a long way to go but only 6 games ago we were directionless, now all is looking a lot lot better, long may it continue. UTV Its getting quieter & quieter 3769219917 Its getting quieter & quieter 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Its getting quieter & quieter 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Its getting quieter & quieter Empty Re: Its getting quieter & quieter

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 am

I hadn't really been taking much notice of the table as it was too depressing, I just knew we were mid table somewhere, and some distance from promotion, but looking at it now, I see we're only actually seven points from the automatic places, with two home games coming up, if we can remain in touching distance until January, and then strengthen, we still might have a chance... Just got to keep going and make sure the Derby result and performance wasn't just a flash in the pan, of course we'll lose the odd match here and there, what we really need to avoid, is going on winless runs.
deadbuzzardalive

Its getting quieter & quieter 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:07 am

I am wondering just how much we actually need to reinforce our squad in January.
We obviously need a centre half, in case of injuries but other than that I am quite happy as I think the current players are beginning to show more confidence in themselves and consequently will get even better.
We may struggle without Tammy but we have options already with Kodjia and Adomah.
El Gazhi seems to have totally disappeared, obviously having problems adapting to the championship and what Dean wants out of his players.
achilles
achilles

Its getting quieter & quieter 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:21 pm

achilles wrote:I am wondering just how much we actually need to reinforce our squad in January.
We obviously need a centre half, in case of injuries but other than that I am quite happy as I think the current players are beginning to show more confidence in themselves and consequently will get even better.
We may struggle without Tammy but we have options already with Kodjia and Adomah.
El Gazhi seems to have totally disappeared, obviously having problems adapting to the championship and what Dean wants out of his players.

I’m still not overly convinced with Abraham up top, not sure he’s a better option than Kodjia as the front man. Kodjias first touch definitely better, I think Kodjia at least equal to Abraham in the air, and definitely more likely to produce the spectacular. I accept Kodjia is currently below par in terms of confidence and has missed a few, however I do see the confidence not far away and feel he could go on a real hot streak sooner rather than later. Granted, Tammy could too. What we’re missing is a front man, or two, on a hot streak. West Brom have 4 players amongst the top scorers contributing 28 goals between them. Birmingham have 2 strikers who have netted 17 times between them. Brentford have a pair with 18 between them and a further 8 assists. Leeds have a trio with 18 between them and a further 11 assists. Pukki & Grabban have 9 each at Norwich and Forest.
Still plenty of time, of course, but we really need someone to start challenging the leading scorers chart to make us serious contenders. Hopefully it’s building to a point where the goals will flow more freely for our front men. Maybe we might see Deano test Brentford over Maupay, who at 22 looks a handful?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Actually I think we miss Grabban, who seems to be a natural goal poacher.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 pm

achilles wrote:Actually I think we miss Grabban, who seems to be a natural goal poacher.

Agreed. I think Grabban would score loads in this Dean Smith Villa team. Never mind. We’ll find an alternative.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 pm

I personally think Abraham is getting too much stick, he might miss a few chances, but they're rarely sitters, and he's doing well to get into good positions in the first place, not to mention the fact that he's actually averaged more than a goal every two games for us so far, in terms of minutes on the pitch, and that's having played half of those games in a Steve Bruce side, and having had no pre season with the rest of the players.

He's also works a lot harder than Kodjia and is much more of a team player, Hourihane's free kick on Saturday, came after a brilliant run by him, the week before against Bolton he provided a brilliant assist/through-ball for Grealish's goal... He's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I personally think Abraham is getting too much stick, he might miss a few chances, but they're rarely sitters, and he's doing well to get into good positions in the first place, not to mention the fact that he's actually averaged more than a goal every two games for us so far, in terms of minutes on the pitch, and that's having played half of those games in a Steve Bruce side, and having had no pre season with the rest of the players.

He's also works a lot harder than Kodjia and is much more of a team player, Hourihane's free kick on Saturday, came after a brilliant run by him, the week before against Bolton he provided a brilliant assist/through-ball for Grealish's goal... He's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

I agree with you. I'd still like to see Hogan play but if Smith isn't willing to start him (or Lansbury or El Ghazi or Bolasie) then so be it. I didn't trust anything Bruce did not long after he came to us but this is completely different.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:33 am

This is what's keeping me quiet on here - feel like Deano has things in hand a bit more. Looking forward to see if he looks at anyone in the transfer window rather than Bruce's seemingly spray-&-pray approach.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:This is what's keeping me quiet on here - feel like Deano has things in hand a bit more. Looking forward to see if he looks at anyone in the transfer window rather than Bruce's seemingly spray-&-pray approach.  

It still feels like we all still have a massive hangover from what Bruce did. I mean us as fans. I love the rumours that link him with the two presumably soon to be vacant managerial jobs in the PL. As much as I laughed when earlier this season a very angry ManU fan suggested on Radio5 that Mourinho be sacked and replaced by Bruce because he'd get the players playing properly and was ManU through and through.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:30 pm

I was at Derby and aside from the couple of times in the first half when Derby could/should have scored with long balls through the middle & several poor misses by Abraham and Kodija as well as the odd wild shot by Grealish (His norm btw) i though we looked very very good. The best i have seen us in a long while actually.

Still very early days for Dean Smith of course but i felt so much more confident in the way we played than i ever did under Bruce.

We are actually better placed after 17 games (24 pts) than Fulham were after 18 games last season (23pts) and if you add to that that at this stage last season the top two were on 37 & 38 pts whereas this season the top two are only on 31 & 33 points which is a difference of -5/6 points on Wolves & Cardiff last year.

We were actually on 29 points after 17 games last year so 5 points less as we stand this season. In real terms we are closer to the automatic places points wise this season than last after 17 games
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:57 pm

The Utterer wrote:I was at Derby and aside from the couple of times in the first half when Derby could/should have scored with long balls through the middle & several poor misses by Abraham and Kodija as well as the odd wild shot by Grealish (His norm btw) i though we looked very very good. The best i have seen us in a long while actually.

Still very early days for Dean Smith of course but i felt so much more confident in the way we played than i ever did under Bruce.

We are actually better placed after 17 games (24 pts) than Fulham were after 18 games last season (23pts) and if you add to that that at this stage last season the top two were on 37 & 38 pts whereas this season the top two are only on 31 & 33 points which is a difference of -5/6 points on Wolves & Cardiff last year.

We were actually on 29 points after 17 games last year so 5 points less as we stand this season. In real terms we are closer to the automatic places points wise this season than last after 17 games

Interesting post. I’d looked at this a few games ago, and I think it’s fair to say that no one team looks like they could run away with it this season as Wolves did last season. That said we shouldn’t forget that Fulham went on one hell of a run over 20+ games in the 2nd half of last season that would be very hard to replicate, it was record breaking I believe? I’d say that this season a team will require 85+pts to achieve a top 2 finish, which means Villa would need to average 2.1-2.2pts over the remainder of the season to achieve top 2.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Dazzle wrote:
The Utterer wrote:I was at Derby and aside from the couple of times in the first half when Derby could/should have scored with long balls through the middle & several poor misses by Abraham and Kodija as well as the odd wild shot by Grealish (His norm btw) i though we looked very very good. The best i have seen us in a long while actually.

Interesting post. I’d looked at this a few games ago, and I think it’s fair to say that no one team looks like they could run away with it this season as Wolves did last season. That said we shouldn’t forget that Fulham went on one hell of a run over 20+ games in the 2nd half of last season that would be very hard to replicate, it was record breaking I believe? I’d say that this season a team will require 85+pts to achieve a top 2 finish, which means Villa would need to average 2.1-2.2pts over the remainder of the season to achieve top 2.

That is not achievable in my opinion but we shall see, not certain I want to face another playoff scenario!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Well it's not looking good for the blues game , we have 3 players back with injuries, Mcginn , Chester bad knee injury. Thor has been sent home as well, hope Dean can work something out. Fingers crossed.UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Chester would be a massive blow as would McGinn!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Its getting quieter & quieter 9955a2c8-21a3-4e76-a646-c4cc69767277
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:26 pm

VTID85 wrote:Its getting quieter & quieter 9955a2c8-21a3-4e76-a646-c4cc69767277

SAY NO MORE !!!!!!! Its getting quieter & quieter 1520050566 Its getting quieter & quieter 1520050566 Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Its getting quieter & quieter 1520050566 Its getting quieter & quieter 1520050566 Its getting quieter & quieter 1520050566 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Rumour has it, Cafu has now decided to change his name to The Brazilian Hutton.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Dean Smith report on the match was very good, wish would have had him on board at the start of the season, so onwards and upwards, let's see what we can do against Forrest. UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Army villain wrote:Dean Smith report on the match was very good, wish would have had him on board at the start of the season, so onwards and upwards, let's see what we can do against Forrest. UTV

In some ways it's more fun this way, we get the highs (and presumably there'll be some lows!) as the season goes on and I have no doubt we'll end the season in third at worst. We're watching the squad transformed before our eyes and all the decisions Deano's made have justified all the criticism of Bruce. Taylor looks a bit shaky at LB but then he'll make some great blocks or slot in a really decent pass and is getting the time he needs to get back into form. Adomah is having fun again and vital for us on the right, the goalie still doesn't look perfect but neither did Gollini or Johnstone when they started (and this season as far as I'm concerned we didn't start until Bruce left). The list goes on. Hopefully Kodjia's goal will kick start his season (I wonder if we'll see him move to the middle and Abraham try it on the left, which is apparently his favourite position?) and we haven't even seen Hogan yet. Even Whelan looks miles better now (despite the fact he still makes mistakes). I wanted Lansbury on from the start (Whelan seems to drag us back rather then propel us forward like McGinn does) but Deano sorted that one out after a while. Bruce would have left Whelan on.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm

The thing that is really starting to stick out for me under the new regime is a stronger sense of pride in playing for our beloved Aston Villa. No-one expects a team made up of lifers, but there is a passion in the badge that has appeared absent all too often.

You've absolutely hit the nail on the head Foxy - Dean Smith's decisions justify every little bit of criticism of Steve fucking Bruce.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum