The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Kmac and the team line up

Go down

Kmac and the team line up

Post by De Kuip on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Right, so I don't want to start the Millwall thread as my record is poor, but I would like people's thoughts on return of the Mac.

It would never happen but I would love to see Sarkic in goal saturday. He's 6'4", 21 years old and has played some real blinders for the U23s over the last couple of seasons.
Not gonna happen though is it? History tells us that when Kmac takes over caretaker duties he rarely changes much.

Also, given our parlous state of defensive availability, I wonder if there is a clause in Mitch Clarke's loan agreement that would allow us to get him back for Chester's ban at least? He's played at right cb before.

What other changes do folks expect to see on saturday?
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Re: Kmac and the team line up

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:00 am

I don't think we can bring back Clark as he's registered as a Port Vale player until January. Looking at his stats he's played four times as a right-back, three times as a left-back, and once as both a right winger and a left winger, and on each occasion has completed a full ninety minutes, so he's getting a lot of football under his belt, unlike Lyden who I see hasn't made a single appearance for Oldham... Similar story with Sulliman he's made one appearance for FC Emmen in the 'Dutch Cup', other than that he's been playing for their u21s.

I think MacDonald will play it pretty safe, although maybe Bedeau will get his chance after all, even if only on the bench.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 am

Bedeau and Tuanzebe, and let's hope Jedi is fit because this is exactly when we need him as a deep-sitting DM to help protect the two defenders. I'd be tempted to play one striker, El Ghazi on the left and Bolasie on the right and Grealish and Hourihane behind him. McGinn maybe next to Grealish, but I think we need to get back to basics until a new manager comes in. I'd go so far as to suggest we let Bolasie concentrate on attacking and bring back Taylor at LB to steady the ship. He's good when we don't make him go forward and Bedeau (or whoever ends up there, Bree possibly) needs someone there who knows their shit. Ironically I'd prefer to keep Elmo at RB but do we stick with Hutton or hope Elmo wants to go balls out to impress any new manager? I've always thought Elmo works his arse off and while I still think Bree needs a good run at RB, Elmo's grown on me.

I have no idea who should go in as goalie. This is exactly where we need Steer, it feels like Nyeland has been dropped in at the deep end and needs some coaching before he comes back. So Bunn for me, unless Moreira can be dropped in at the deep end?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:17 am

Shifting Steer out on loan was possibly the most idiotic of decisions this summer, possibly matched by pushing Elphick out the door on loan with no replacement. Idiocy. However we are where we are now. I don’t think we have many options at CB, if Jedinak is injured then we are down to Tuanzebe and somebody else! I assume that someone else will have to be Bree, though a part of me would love to see some bold thinking and just give the CB pairing from the U23s the gig for the game, at least they’d be used to playing together. Given that we have to assume defence will be a weak point why not just go for it and attack with everything we have, try to turn the focus off our defence for a game?

Fuck it, I’d go with;

...............................Sarkic................................
Elmo...........Bedeau..............Tuanzebe........Hutton
ElGhazi.....McGinn.....Grealish......Hourihane....Bolasie
..............................Abraham...............................
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:42 am

@Dazzle wrote:Shifting Steer out on loan was possibly the most idiotic of decisions this summer, possibly matched by pushing Elphick out the door on loan with no replacement. Idiocy. However we are where we are now. I don’t think we have many options at CB, if Jedinak is injured then we are down to Tuanzebe and somebody else! I assume that someone else will have to be Bree, though a part of me would love to see some bold thinking and just give the CB pairing from the U23s the gig for the game, at least they’d be used to playing together. Given that we have to assume defence will be a weak point why not just go for it and attack with everything we have, try to turn the focus off our defence for a game?

Fuck it, I’d go with;

...............................Sarkic................................
Elmo...........Bedeau..............Tuanzebe........Hutton
ElGhazi.....McGinn.....Grealish......Hourihane....Bolasie
..............................Abraham...............................

Tuanzebe plays on the right (which is why Chester was slightly out of position on the left when he played with him the last couple of times) and from what I recall, Bedeau plays on the left.

I think more than ever the next three teams playing us (assuming the red isn't overturned) will be targeting the left side of our defence, which is why I'm going Bedeau at CB and Taylor at LB, with Jedi in front. We have enough in attack with El Ghazi, McGinn/Hourihane, Grealish, Bolasie and Abraham to let them get on with things without needing a fifth attacking midfielder or requiring the full backs to help. Back to basics for a few matches. Bedeau is a big lad and the team will get zero stick from the fans while Kmac is in charge.

If we go balls out in attack we'll really expose our defence, and that's not what Tuanzebe, Bedeau (or whoever) and the goalie needs for confidence or to try to help get us winning points again.

Incidentally I don't disagree with going on the attack, we just need to shore up the defence as best as we can.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 pm

I don't think we can appeal Chester's ban, but the ban is only for one game, rather than three.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:40 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't think we can appeal Chester's ban, but the ban is only for one game, rather than three.

I didn't know that, I thought a straight red was three games, or is that only for violent conduct?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Chester was sent off for a professional foul which incurs a one game suspension. All other red cards issued for fouls are three game bans I think.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:58 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Chester was sent off for a professional foul which incurs a one game suspension. All other red cards issued for fouls are three game bans I think.

You learn something new every day, and phew!
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:43 am

I would give Bedau a shot at CB. Whenever I have seen him, he has looked comfortable off his left foot which would give a better balance.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Kmac should have been sacked long ago but here he is picking the side again, wtf!

No idea what side he will pick but it will be controversial guaranteed, mirroring Bruce!

However I think he might go for:

..................................Nyland...........................

Bree...............Tuanzebe...........Hutton........Taylor

.................................Whelan

.....................Grealish.............McGinn

Bolasie.......................Abraham.....................Kodjia

We need as much height as we can mustered for our defence to offset the onslaught from Millwall.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Just to say can someone can start the proper match thread as I don't want to jinx it by this becoming it - my record is shite!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Well we can forget about Bedeau being given a chance tomorrow, he's playing for the u23s tonight, as is Sarkic.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:39 pm

I know it was only wishful thinking and would never have happened but just to say Sarkic and Bedeau are in tonight's U23 team.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:55 pm

8-0 to us. I reckon Kmac should just field the U23s.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:28 pm

Nyland
Elmo . Tuanzebe . Jedinak Hutton
Thor
Bolasie Grealish McGinn El Ghazi
Abraham

Bunn, Kodjia, Bree, Taylor, Whelan, Albert, Lansbury

Not sure about the centre backs but I don't think KMAC will change a great deal.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 am

@STO67 wrote:                      Nyland
Elmo .   Tuanzebe .  Jedinak    Hutton
                       Thor
Bolasie    Grealish   McGinn   El Ghazi
                     Abraham

Bunn, Kodjia, Bree, Taylor, Whelan, Albert, Lansbury

Not sure about the centre backs but I don't think KMAC will change a great deal.

Jedinak is injured.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Didn't matter in the end did it? kmac picked a crap side, worse that I thought he would.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum