The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Preston - Tues 2nd October - 7.45pm

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Villa v Preston - Tues 2nd October - 7.45pm

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:51 pm

A draw was always going to be the worst possible result for us tonight, but the way it occured makes it all the more gauling, throwing away a two goal lead, then missing a chance at the death to win the game, an absolute disaster.

Worst thing is, I think he'll still be in charge against Millwall.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:58 pm

This will be him gone now, you cant serve up that shit and get away with it, as soon as Whelan stepped up to take the pen you knew the outcome, I have to agree now agent Bruce is trying to get the sack, no decent manager would make these sort of decisions, we have one of if not the best squads in the league and he makes em play like a Sunday morning team after a night on the piss.Flogging a dead hors Flogging a dead hors Flogging a dead hors
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:59 pm

I've just looked at Whelan's penalty stats, before today he'd only ever taken one penalty, that was eleven years ago... That he took ours today, whilst McGinn, Grealish and Bolasie were all still on the pitch is absolutely mind bending, even Elmohamady or Bjarnason would have made more sense.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:20 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've just looked at Whelan's penalty stats, before today he'd only ever taken one penalty, that was eleven years ago... That he took ours today, whilst McGinn, Grealish and Bolasie were all still on the pitch is absolutely mind bending, even Elmohamady or Bjarnason would have made more sense.

Totally agree, the management team AKA Bruce should know this, some of tonights and recent games decisions have been a joke, we went in at half time in control and in no danger, after his half time talk we were like a parks team, I've had enough I just hope Edens & Sawaris have too, we cant wait any longer.
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 pm

I am absolutely fuming after watching that utter pile of shit, absolutely unbelievable.
Back tomorrow when hopefully I have calmed down.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 pm

The owners need to show the door to Bruce, time has come shocking team talk, parking the bus, we just needed to keep on attacking.hope he has gone before the millwall game.
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 pm

@achilles wrote:I am absolutely fuming after watching that utter pile of shit, absolutely unbelievable.
Back tomorrow when hopefully I have calmed down.

Me too, see you tomorrow
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Apparently calderwood was arguing with fans and stuck his fingers up at some. Shocking if true but a sign that the management team know they are getting tic tack
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:17 am

What an absolute shambles of a night. Calderwood was bang out of order if he did that although you can understand it must be very difficult if you're trying your best and getting abuse and vegetables hurled at you i guess.

I watched the 1st half on TV and thought we were OK, nothing more. Deserved the lead though.

Second half i saw about 5 minutes and we looked a different team. Jittery, slow and off the pace. I could tell we were going to capitulate just from watching that 5 mins.

I then had to leave for work so listened to updates on the radio. Talk about frustrating.. the first time i turned the radio on it said "off to Villa Park where there's been a 4th goal"
"Oh no" i thought.....I was right...... 2-2. I turned it off in disgust admittedly so didn't realise we had suffered yet another dodgy ref decision (Well according to SB we did at any rate) and we had lost James Chester.

I turned it back on after calming down only to hear "There's another goal at Villa Park" You're kidding i thought.... They weren't.. 2-3.. "The Joke club from the Lerner years is back" i thought.

Off it went again and i released a fair few angry expletives.

Then i arrived at work and thought ok i'll just check one last time. Turned it on just as i heard "Crazy drama at Villa" A penalty could see Villa win!" Glen Whelan to take it

WHAAAAAT!!! ?? GLEN FFF'ING WHELAN!! i shouted.. Oh it's a miss then!

It was just so obvious.

Frankly that right there was incompetence in my eyes. Allowing a player with barely a goal or shot to his name in years to take a vital Penalty in the last minute.... Shocking! truly truly shocking!...Stupidity of the highest order in fact.
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 am

Was it Bruce that decided that the guy who last scored a goal 7 years ago and seems to have taken his last penalty 11 years ago take the spot kick last night? I can't imagine that Whelan put himself forward? It is almost like Potato Head was taking revenge on the fans for the 'abuse' he is getting?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 am

Whelan last took a penalty in November 2007, he was actually playing for Sheffield Wednesday, and they beat Southampton 5-0, as it happens he scored twice in that game.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 am

@The Utterer wrote:What an absolute shambles of a night. Calderwood was bang out of order if he did that although you can understand it must be very difficult if you're trying your best and getting abuse and vegetables hurled at you i guess.

I watched the 1st half on TV and thought we were OK, nothing more. Deserved the lead though.

Second half i saw about 5 minutes and we looked a different team. Jittery, slow and off the pace. I could tell we were going to capitulate just from watching that 5 mins.

I then had to leave for work so listened to updates on the radio. Talk about frustrating.. the first time i turned the radio on it said "off to Villa Park where there's been a 4th goal"
"Oh no" i thought.....I was right...... 2-2. I turned it off in disgust admittedly so didn't realise we had suffered yet another dodgy ref decision (Well according to SB we did at any rate) and we had lost James Chester.

I turned it back on after calming down only to hear "There's another goal at Villa Park" You're kidding i thought.... They weren't.. 2-3.. "The Joke club from the Lerner years is back" i thought.

Off it went again and i released a fair few angry expletives.

Then i arrived at work and thought ok i'll just check one last time. Turned it on just as i heard "Crazy drama at Villa" A penalty could see Villa win!" Glen Whelan to take it

WHAAAAAT!!! ?? GLEN FFF'ING WHELAN!! i shouted.. Oh it's a miss then!

It was just so obvious.

Frankly that right there was incompetence in my eyes. Allowing a player with barely a goal or shot to his name in years to take a vital Penalty in the last minute.... Shocking! truly truly shocking!...Stupidity of the highest order in fact.

You must remember that Whelan is one of Bruce’s “real men”, men that can be trusted to step up to the plate and handle the cauldron of expectation that is Aston Villa................oh wait, this “real man” of Bruce stock missed on the vital occasion. And that sums up Bruce’s outlook on the game completely...........old, dated, slow, utterly misguided, wrong.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 am

I know Whelan is a 'Real Man' but as there were other 'Real Men' on the pitch who decided to let Whelan take the pen? Or was it a case that no one wanted to? Or did Potato Head decide? I would have let Bunn take that penalty before Whelan? There were 8 others on the pitch other than Whelan or Bunn so why didn't one of these Superstars step up? Or Potato Head stop Whelan? Stupidity at it's finest!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 am

Last night was unbelievable in many ways, not least by Bruce’s after match comments.

Firstly that is not the best we have played (first half) this season, not by a long way, we huffed and puffed to get into a two goal lead against a very poor Preston but again played with no tempo, urgency, passion or pace. Unbelievable in the second half we sank to new levels of utter incompetence, straight from the second half kickoff Preston (obviously after a half time roasting) were in our faces, putting us under pressure and we had absolutely no answer. We were actually playing on our 18 yard box, like schoolboys, attack and defence, it was astounding. It was inevitable that Preston were going to score, the penalty didn’t change a thing Mr Bruce. The sending off of Chester, who had a poor game, did change the game but Bruce didn’t help by bringing Abraham off and not the laziest forward I have ever seen down Villa Park, Kodjia. Then if it was at all possible we actually got worse as we started to hoof the ball up field to Kodjia, who just didn’t want to know so the ball kept on coming straight back at us. I cannot remember witnessing such a brain dead performance in all my life, you have to work harder and keep the ball, not just whack it at every opportunity which just invites pressure. Preston had loads of chances in that second half, as we couldn’t head a ball to save our life; every time the ball came into our box you knew it was trouble.

Then unbelievably we could have won it at the end except that Whelan decided he was going to take the penalty as he had taken one 11 years ago and scored, wtf! That episode just summed up the team, a complete lack of professionalism and leadership, just a bunch of very talented individuals who have absolutely no idea what the hell they are suppose to do on the pitch!

Not rating them as not one of them came out of that with any credit whatsoever!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Were you at the same game Achilles as Potato Head sees it differently to you?

And the result wasn't the worst thing to happen that night but the fact that someone threw a cabbage at him was? For which the Police are now investigating and this news has now travelled across the pond to new site in the USA? Pathetic!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 pm

It is probably a good job I am not on that touchline, as I was going apeshit in the stands at the beginning of the second half but Bruce just stands there watching and doing nothing!
His demeanour is totally reflected in the team.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 pm

@achilles wrote:It is probably a good job I am not on that touchline, as I was going apeshit in the stands at the beginning of the second half but Bruce just stands there watching and doing nothing!
His demeanour is totally reflected in the team.

I hope you hadn't taken any leafy green vegetables into VP? Very Happy

Potato Head has completely lost the lot! The team, the press, the crowd and the fans Worldwide! We can all see he is finished and just needs putting out of his misery!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Bruce should have just laughed that cabbage episode off but it shows how under pressure he is when that grabs all the headlines away from the main point of Bruce's ineptitude!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum