The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match thread Blackburn v Villa

+8
FoxyAV
VillaBill
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
De Kuip
Dazzle
achilles
Saunders82
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Match thread Blackburn v Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Match thread Blackburn v Villa

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:49 pm

VTID85 wrote:Hutton is better at LB than Taylor in my opinion, so putting him there allows for Elmo still at RB with Tuanzebe in the centre with Chester. Then that frees up the right wing for El Ghazi, the left wing for Bolasie and Adomah to cover either of them.

That then leaves the middle and up front - McGinn and Hourihane in the middle, Grealish ahead of them sitting behind Abraham or Kodjia. Or, Abraham and Kodjia up front with Grealish and McGinn in the middle and Hourihane to cover either of them.

Honestly, that took longer to type than to work out. What the fuck is Bruce struggling with?

Are you looking for work at the moment? There is a thankless task in the Witton area that we could do with a man like you filling? Very Happy
DelboyVilla

Match thread Blackburn v Villa - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Match thread Blackburn v Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: Match thread Blackburn v Villa

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:01 pm

VTID85 wrote:Hutton is better at LB than Taylor in my opinion, so putting him there allows for Elmo still at RB with Tuanzebe in the centre with Chester. Then that frees up the right wing for El Ghazi, the left wing for Bolasie and Adomah to cover either of them.

That then leaves the middle and up front - McGinn and Hourihane in the middle, Grealish ahead of them sitting behind Abraham or Kodjia. Or, Abraham and Kodjia up front with Grealish and McGinn in the middle and Hourihane to cover either of them.

Honestly, that took longer to type than to work out. What the fuck is Bruce struggling with?

I prefer Taylor at LB, where he played really well for Swansea (didn't he help them get promoted and play well in the Premier League?), because I get the feeling he's a player who'll do well under a decent manager and training regime once Bruce has gone! It's immaterial though, Bruce is still hanging around like a bad smell...

It's also taken this long to work out that with Elmo having to play at RW instead of El Ghazi, who Bruce brought in, and De Laet on loan it's either Bree or Hutton at RB, and Taylor is presumably a better option than Bree, so remarkably for the first time in months we have an RB at RB and LB at LB with two CBs in the middle (albeit both right-sided, like Elphick is too...) so at least we have one player slightly out of position (Chester) just to appease Bruce's sensibilities. Why did Bruce play the correct full backs in their correct positions though and not put Elmo at RB? I suspect because Elmo's scored two from the right wing and he's Brucie's mate and, well, two goals vs none yet from El Ghazi means Elmo's best, presumably? But I also suspect Bruce is listening to the criticism coming from the fans about screwing up the defence by playing them all in the wrong places. I was surprised at this new lineup, it's as if Bruce has suddenly realised he has the correct players all along. I wonder how our results would look had we played them in these positions since the start, Tuazebe in particular looks like a player who'll improve with match time. Elmo is the problem though, plus Jedi/Whelan. Bruce has to fuck up the squad somehow and if that means playing a barely mobile chicane in the middle that is Whelan or putting Elmo on the wing rather than a much more exciting looking player then that's what he'll do. If Hutton was exposed at LB against Sheffield last week because El Ghazi didn't track back to defend (notice that's what Adomah was doing at Blackburn...) then we need a new manager in ASAP before Bruce beats that attacking flair out of El Ghazi.

What a mess. The sooner the owners recognise that the biggest economy they can make right now is not loaning in or out players or dropping more points we'll find it hard to recover but paying off Bruce and bringing in someone who can unite players and fans.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Match thread Blackburn v Villa - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:52 am

I thought El Ghazi scored the consolation at Sheffield Utd?
DelboyVilla

Match thread Blackburn v Villa - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3