The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Free Agents

Go down

Free Agents

Post by big ming on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:58 am

With Terry seemingly going to Russia, the only names in the frame to address our serious lack of central defensive options appear to be Robert Huth and James Collins.
I am presuming that Bruce will continue with his pig-headed insistence of refusing to try Tuanzebe at CB. Are there other options?
Of the one's mentioned, I would prefer Huth. He is probably the better player and might have some leadership qualities about him.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Agents

Post by STO67 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:09 pm

He hasn't played football for over 12 months though and might be too much of a gamble. Given he has 2 champions medals to his name, one would have thought he'd have been picked up by now. There must be a reason that it hasn't happened as yet.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

I thought Huth was injured?
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:41 pm

@big ming wrote:I am presuming that Bruce will continue with his pig-headed insistence of refusing to try Tuanzebe at CB. Are there other options?

Yes, all the RBs, a couple of DMs and all the rest of the midfield. Very Happy

My money's on Abraham because he's tall, which, after all, is why Jedi seems to be in defence. All we need to do now is bring back our most successful striker ever (played there once, scored one)... Samba!

FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:26 am

Well another fine mess Potato Head has got us into? The trawl of the geriatric footballers home in search of a CB that can stand without the aid of a Zimmer frame is on!

How can our new owners and CEO be impressed by this farce?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 am

We want Backry Sako now?

I think Potato Head wants to balance the side with as many left wingers as we have right backs now?

Or maybe he can play left back?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:Well another fine mess Potato Head has got us into? The trawl of the geriatric footballers home in search of a CB that can stand without the aid of a Zimmer frame is on!

We need a new chant about Tuanzebe being a CB. That ringing round Villa Park may get the message across.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 am

@FoxyAV wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:Well another fine mess Potato Head has got us into? The trawl of the geriatric footballers home in search of a CB that can stand without the aid of a Zimmer frame is on!

We need a new chant about Tuanzebe being a CB. That ringing round Villa Park may get the message across.

I suggest 'You don't know what you are doing!' Seem to get a reaction off Potato Head?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:43 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:

I suggest 'You don't know what you are doing!' Seem to get a reaction off Potato Head?

Nah, he clearly doesn't see the issue, we need to spell it out.

Tuanzebe is a defender, he plays in the middle,
Jedi's a midfielder and shouldn't be starting at all.

I know, I know, I'm in the wrong career.

Everyone should start chanting tactical advice, that would really fuck him off!

Put Albert on the left wing, he tracks back really well,
Time to take off Whelan and Jedi and you, Bruce, can fuck right off as well.

FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:28 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:

Nah, he clearly doesn't see the issue, we need to spell it out.

Tuanzebe is a defender, he plays in the middle,
Jedi's a midfielder and shouldn't be starting at all.

I know, I know, I'm in the wrong career.

Everyone should start chanting tactical advice, that would really fuck him off!

Put Albert on the left wing, he tracks back really well,
Time to take off Whelan and Jedi and you, Bruce, can fuck right off as well.

Just closed my eyes and saw Lennon and McCartney penning that little ditty?

Rumours are that JT may not be going to Russia now due to frosty relations at Government level? He is probably the best of the oldies out there as free agents? And mates with Potato Head.

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Wonder if the Terry links with sporting and Spartak are leverage to try and coerce action from our owners and try to get them to relax their stance on young and hungry?
I'm probably reading waaay too much into it!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm

@De Kuip wrote:Wonder if the Terry links with sporting and Spartak are leverage to try and coerce action from our owners and try to get them to relax their stance on young and hungry?
I'm probably reading waaay too much into it!

I did wonder this myself but as was pointed out by a friend, would he have gone all the way out there just for leverage? Possibly inticed by the big money numbers being bandied about but upon arriving realised it is a shithole and couldn't get on the plane quick enough.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 am

Didn't he give a coaching session to one of the clubs we played? Maybe, just maybe, he was out there on a temporary contract doing some training with their academy? I'm just fishing around for a reason, I haven't seen any pictures of what he was doing and I'm not fussed about him coming back. Sure, we need a captain on the pitch more than ever with Bruce incapable of giving worthwhile direction but most of all we need a defender. If he does come back I hope we pay him on appearances because no one's going to benefit playing him every week...
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:04 am

@FoxyAV wrote:Didn't he give a coaching session to one of the clubs we played? Maybe, just maybe, he was out there on a temporary contract doing some training with their academy? I'm just fishing around for a reason, I haven't seen any pictures of what he was doing and I'm not fussed about him coming back. Sure, we need a captain on the pitch more than ever with Bruce incapable of giving worthwhile direction but most of all we need a defender. If he does come back I hope we pay him on appearances because no one's going to benefit playing him every week...

That last sentence is spot on, foxy. Where players like Terry are concerned we should pay them per appearance with bonuses built into the deal.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Looks like Terry is again a free agent after turning down Spartak, will he come back to Villa or opt for Sporting?
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:52 am

I really believe that Bruce should save his money and give Bedeau a chance to step up. He won't though. Only other Clubs really integrate their best youngsters.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:14 am

The trouble is with these youngsters is can they handle 'real men's football'?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:19 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:The trouble is with these youngsters is can they handle 'real men's football'?

No, we only need experienced players who've tasted promotion before like De Laet and Elphick. Oh, no, wait...
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 am

@FoxyAV wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:The trouble is with these youngsters is can they handle 'real men's football'?

No, we only need experienced players who've tasted promotion before like De Laet and Elphick. Oh, no, wait...

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:43 am

The only way I want to see Terry back is as player/coach replacing Bruce and the useless Calderwood ( not entirely clear what benefits Agnew brings either).
I refuse to believe that Terry could be worse than the current management regime.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:00 am

@big ming wrote:The only way I want to see Terry back is as player/coach replacing Bruce and the useless Calderwood ( not entirely clear what benefits Agnew brings either).
I refuse to believe that Terry could be worse than the current management regime.

I don't see Terry as the answer other than as a stopgap until the January window. But then frankly it will be cheaper to pay him off, bring in literally anyone and play Tuanzebe at CB. I don't really mean that, we have to hope there's no news on a new manager simply because behind the scenes the owners are working to bring in the best they can. We have some of the best players in the league but none of them are playing properly.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum