The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Nations League - England v Spain

3 posters

Go down

The Nations League - England v Spain Empty The Nations League - England v Spain

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:09 pm

First off I have to declare my hand: I hate and detest Sky and everything to do with that foul and pestilential organisation.

So there's not a chance on McGrath 's earth that I would give as much as a red fucking cent to them.

Not only does this mean that I only see Villa if I go down to the Legion to watch the games, but because friendlies are not classed as " National treasure" matches it also means Sky on the net (or Skynet as I call them - you think Terminator is fiction!?) also scoop up these fixtures exclusively.
Now FIFA/UEFA agreed that "meaningless friendlies" needed to go, they created the nations league as a meaningful replacement competition.
I would argue that this is just as relevant as Euros, it just doesn't have the history or Kudos as it's brand new (okay I know I'm pushing this too far!).
But if it is recognised now as a formal Euro comp, then is it a friendly?
If It's not a friendly then fuck off Murdoch, it's for all of us who hate you and your vile organisation to be able to watch without contributing to your attempts to rule the world.
OFCOM should be looking at this imho.
Rant over!
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Nations League - England v Spain 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The Nations League - England v Spain Empty Re: The Nations League - England v Spain

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Slightly OT but as I'm posting about tv stations I strongly recommend checking out BBC sports live text today. As there is no football they've mocked up covering the opening day of the EFL in 1888 as though it were today.
Brilliant stuff and lots of mention/pics of Villa and McGregor etc.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

The Nations League - England v Spain Empty Re: The Nations League - England v Spain

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Feck me - live text at 15.39 shows Villa are playing their favoured 2-3-5 formation against Wolves.

Was Bruce in charge then??
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:41 am

Haha Southgate is trying to still get these poor players to pass and move?

As we saw at the world cup England are over rated and when they play a proper team they lose! I am English and would like us to do well but come on we have a national league that is ruined by money and half the England team can't get in their own team's starting 11. We will never win anything again!
DelboyVilla

The Nations League - England v Spain 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Apparently - according to something I read today - Southgate only has 70 English players to choose from (i assume that meant playing regularly in the prem). Even if that's the case if they are playing in arguably the strongest league in Europe  then surely they are 70 bloody good players?
We only need 23 of them for the squad.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:30 am

I think Southgate has been heading in the right direction with regard to players being selected. If Southgate himself continues to evolve over the coming year or so, along with 2 or 3 players, then we could have a decent team that is thought of as a genuine contender at tournaments. Not the undoubted best, but contenders. England could really do with the emergence of another striker to push Kane, or give us an alternative, and someone else in midfield capable of winning the ball back and bringing a teammate into play, Henderson needs help in there at times. If we do see a Loftus-Cheek or, dare I say, a Grealish develop then that can only improve the situation. I like the look of Loftus-Cheek and think he should be in the team more often than not, he needs to be at a permanent club getting regular games. I think England currently have good options at full back/wing back, I think we’re decent in CD with Stones and Maguire, Pickford is good at GK. It’s the midfield that is perhaps not quite there with both someone who can win the ball well, or someone who is able to see a forward pass and play forwards through. That’s where I’d hope Grealish would emerge but he’s going to be held back whilst having to operate under Bruce, Bruce can’t help Jack technically.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Nations League - England v Spain 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down