The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

New CEO

+3
big ming
FoxyAV
Saunders82
7 posters

Go down

New CEO Empty New CEO

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am

We have a new CEO Christian Purslow, he is ex Chelsea & Liverpool so sounds like he has lots of experience, its from the official site.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/08/31/new-aston-villa-ceo-appointed

Update: Liverpool fans have been saying "McGrath help us" etc, they reckon he could be another Tom Fox, we just to trust the new owners and not the bin dippers

Last edited by Saunders82 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Saunders82
Saunders82

New CEO 2_star10

Back to top Go down

New CEO Empty Re: New CEO

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:17 am

Sounds good. In fact sounds very good indeed.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

New CEO 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 am

Think he is/was a fan of Brendan Rodgers. We have been signing/trying to sign Rodgers targets.
Incoming new manager?
big ming

New CEO 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:54 am

He left Liverpool before Rodgers was appointed... A lot's being made of Liverpool fans disliking him, but that's only because he got rid of Benitez, who Liverpool fans revere second only to Dalglish when it comes to their recent managers, and they also despise Roy Hodgson, who replaced him, so I wouldn't read too much into that, i'm pretty sure on the commercial side of things he did pretty well for them, and actually played a major role in bringing in their current owners... Did well at Chelseas well by all accounts, especially on the commercial side.

Interesting that he's also a minority investor, even if he only owns half a percent, gives him an extra incentive to do well with us, as help get us up and keep us there for a few years, and his shares could quadruple in value. Hopefully means no messing about with a manager who's failed, but I've no doubt that initially he'll give Bruce a vote of confidence, as he's not going to come in and say straigh away that it's time for a change.

deadbuzzardalive

New CEO 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Have no idea how good or bad he is, hopefully it is a step in the right direction for us and starts to lay the foundations again!
achilles
achilles

New CEO 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 am

Well he has his first major shit storm to deal with in our clownish manager and finding his replacement!
DelboyVilla

New CEO 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:27 am

In the deep end literally!
achilles
achilles

New CEO 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:50 am

I watched an interview with him the other day, recorded last season, where he was saying that Arsenal should have got rid of Wenger because he refused to move with the times. If he thinks that about Wenger, then surely he has to think it about Bruce.
deadbuzzardalive

New CEO 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:04 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I watched an interview with him the other day, recorded last season, where he was saying that Arsenal should have got rid of Wenger because he refused to move with the times. If he thinks that about Wenger, then surely he has to think it about Bruce.

One can only hope.
VTID85

New CEO 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I watched an interview with him the other day, recorded last season, where he was saying that Arsenal should have got rid of Wenger because he refused to move with the times. If he thinks that about Wenger, then surely he has to think it about Bruce.

Well that rules out any chance of Wenger coming here, one to strike off the list.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

New CEO 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:33 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

Well that rules out any chance of Wenger coming here, one to strike off the list.

Good I would want to kick the TV every time he mentioned 'when I was at Arsenal'!!!

We need someone to work with what we have for now! Which is a bloody good squad!
DelboyVilla

New CEO 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:03 pm

He also praised his overall contribution to Arsenal... If Wenger for some reason got in touch and said that he wanted the job, I'd be very surprised if we didn't give it to him. Purslow thinking they stuck with him for too long as a club wanting to challenge for the Premier league title, is a different matter to our situation.
deadbuzzardalive

New CEO 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Strange Purslow has been so quiet since coming in, I know he's not like Wyness and Xia with their twitter accounts. But normally when someone comes into this type of role you get some quotes or an interview from them, outlining why they took the job, and their plans.
deadbuzzardalive

New CEO 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:57 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Strange Purslow has been so quiet since coming in, I know he's not like Wyness and Xia with their twitter accounts. But normally when someone comes into this type of role you get some quotes or an interview from them, outlining why they took the job, and their plans.

True I would at least expect a OS or Bham Mail interview especially as he is a shareholder? Hopefully to busy interviewing a new manager (I wish)?
DelboyVilla

New CEO 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum