The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Loans

Go down

Loans

Post by big ming on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am

Like to hear some suggestions for loan striker/left back/other.
Thanks to Joe Bryan wasting our time, we were unable to find an alternative for a position where we really need a better first choice.
Leicester City have a couple spare. Ben Chilwell could be a good shout?

big ming

Back to top Go down

Re: Loans

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Hutton at LB for now and De Laet at RB. Bree and Taylor in reserve.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

A long shot but doesn’t Luke Shaw need to play some football? Bruce seems to have a good relationship with Jose and Jose doesn’t seem to want to play Shaw, so why not ask?! We really could do with a CB, not sure who might be available
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:35 pm

3 loan spots to fill but I think Bruce will keep 1 for Snodgrass, Wet spam have stockpiled players this transfer window with 8 newcomers 3 of which are midfielders, so there's a chance he will be sent out on loan again.
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm

I think Snodgrass could happen. He wants to be here, we want him here, Bruce has already apparently asked after a loan and going on the number and quality of new arrivals at Wet Spam and especially the intent shown by the owners to actually make a go of it it would make financial sense to send out Snodgrass and have someone else pay his wages and possibly buy him at the start of next season. I have to be honest and say I think he's at our current level now (good team pushing for promotion) rather than Wet Spam's level where they're pushing for top ten Premier League.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Matt Target from Soton? LB
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Fulham wanted Targett, couldn't get him, so bought Bryan.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:46 pm

According to Brucie there working on 2-3 loans, and are well advanced on a couple of them. I hope 1 is a centre back another is a striker and the 3rd is Snodgrass
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:48 am

If Bruce is going to continue with hoofed clearances along with aimed long ball tactics, he clearly needs to sign a "back to goal-hold it up- bring the midfielders into play" target man who may occasionally score from crosses and set pieces. Whilst KD is developing in that role we could borrow an Andy Carroll type as a short term measure. When Carroll is fit, he is unplayable in any league. He is out of favour at Wet Spam although paying a chunk of his wages could be problematic.The fitness thing would be gamble though.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:45 am

agree big ming

villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Bring back Samba!

Wouldn't it be nice to think we could rely on the likes of Grealish, McGinn and Bjarnason to feed balls through to Kodjia and Hogan. I know, a crazy suggestion.

I have a genuine fear that we won't get to see what some of our players can do under a proper manager, I keep thinking how we'd look if our players played the way Hull did in the first match and the crazy thing is we do have the players to do it.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:37 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:Bring back Samba!

Wouldn't it be nice to think we could rely on the likes of Grealish, McGinn and Bjarnason to feed balls through to Kodjia and Hogan. I know, a crazy suggestion.

I have a genuine fear that we won't get to see what some of our players can do under a proper manager, I keep thinking how we'd look if our players played the way Hull did in the first match and the crazy thing is we do have the players to do it.

I think pressure will be on Bruce to evolve the style of play. I also believe we have the players to produce better looking football whilst still winning games, I do think though that as long as Bruce is winning then that will do for the owners for now. After the summer this club went through a bit of stability and a couple of league wins is great, we were so close to going out of business, let’s not forget that too quickly.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:27 pm

@Dazzle wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:Bring back Samba!

I think pressure will be on Bruce to evolve the style of play. I also believe we have the players to produce better looking football whilst still winning games, I do think though that as long as Bruce is winning then that will do for the owners for now. After the summer this club went through a bit of stability and a couple of league wins is great, we were so close to going out of business, let’s not forget that too quickly.

I was one who thought even without bringing in too many players we have a squad good enough to gain promotion, we just need a progressive manager to do so. I don't think Bruce's job is safe if the owners have the ambition they say they have and if the money's there to bring in a decent manager then all it takes is a small slip from Bruce. And that slip will come, no matter who the players are. We lose Jack for a month, for example, and we'll see a lot more matches like the first half of the Yeovil one. We can't afford to drop out of the top six and with the players we have we shouldn't be worrying about what anyone else is up to. Bruce certainly shouldn't be blaming his players for not doing what he wanted them to do, playing players out of position (well, apart from Hutton at LB) or blaming any losses on not having the players he needs. We have a huge amount of quality in the squad so if we are having to play Adomah, Blackett-Taylor or even Elmo on right wing we can accommodate them (ignoring the fact they could easily do a very good job there).

I don't think Bruce can learn any new tricks, we've seen the same pattern in pre-season where whatever he does has no bearing on how we start the season and where he could have played the same basic squad we ended last season with but given players filling the gaps left by Snodgrass, Johnstone and Terry time to bed in (even if they're not going to end up playing there, they may end up there as backup) he hasn't. We've seen a cup match where the players didn't seem to know what they were supposed to be doing and two league matches were we look no different at all from last season. I really have no idea how Bruce will change, without the club bringing in people to take over parts of his job.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Winning is all that matters, but I cannot see what our strategy or shape is supposed to be apart from , give it Jack and hope for the best.
Perhaps McGinniesta will help , we’ve been very lucky to get three wins so far this season, this will end soon.
Nothing will change style wise but we have to back Bruce, what choice do we have?
It’s the same as last season, simple maths, we need to gain an average of 2pts per game to ensure promotion, if Bruce falls behind this ratio, we will need to change manager
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 am

Talk of Ciaran Clark back on loan. Not for me... always an accident waiting to happen.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 am

@big ming wrote:Talk of  Ciaran Clark back on loan. Not for me... always an accident waiting to happen.

He plays on the left so it could make sense with Chester on the right, might make a good partnership?
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum