The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

+18
VillaBill
Saunders82
LVBrit
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
AstonThriller
De Kuip
jeffvilla
Terry Derry
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
achilles
UnclePanda
Dazzle
STO67
FoxyAV
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
22 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Villa pulled out of the deal because Liverpool, wanted to put a clause in his contract whereby he has to play a certain amount of games otherwise we'd face a 'financial penalty'... I think we were right to walk away, players should earn their place in the team...

Never really wanted him anyway as he tends to play on the left and that's where Green/Adomah play. What we need is someone on the right-hand side so I'd be more tempted to sign Sheyi Ojo from them tbh. Anyway, a lot of folks are losing their minds over the prospect of Jack leaving. Tbh it would be nice if he stayed but there's no way him leaving would be up there with the likes of York, Benteke or Young leaving. Those guys delivered both statistically and also with the way they entertained us. Jack was good last season but let's be honest, he only got three goals and six assists. I know he ran a lot of games and dictated the play a lot but IMO those stats need to be much improved if he does stay with us. If Jack had scored another five or six and created a few more then when you put that alongside the production of Adomah, Hourihane, Grabban and Snoddy, then I'm sure we would have gone up. Onomah was ridiculed by man Villa fans but he got four goals and three assists last season, and he's a year younger.

So in closing, IF Jack stays then I want to see more goals and assists, if he doesn't, then hopefully we'll get in someone who may not be able to dictate terms like Jack, but will get more goals and assists. Just like Hourihane does for example.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 am

People lost their mind when Baker left, so with Grealish it's going to be a lot worse, and every time he does something good for his new club they'll lose their minds all over again, over what could have been... I really hope he stays of course, but if he goes he goes, we proved for the first half of last season, that we can be competitive without him... I'm just happy that we've got new owners, and it looks like we're going to be able to maintain a relatively competitive squad, a few weeks ago it was looking a whole lot worse for us.
deadbuzzardalive

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:25 am

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 3769219917
deadbuzzardalive wrote:People lost their mind when Baker left, so with Grealish it's going to be a lot worse, and every time he does something good for his new club they'll lose their minds all over again, over what could have been... I really hope he stays of course, but if he goes he goes, we proved for the first half of last season, that we can be competitive without him... I'm just happy that we've got new owners, and it looks like we're going to be able to maintain a relatively competitive squad, a few weeks ago it was looking a whole lot worse for us.

Very true,
At one point a few of us were looking for an orange box to stand on and a length of rope.

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 3769219917
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 am

If Jack goes for big money, it will probably mean us signing more experienced journeymen(again!)at the expense of our kids being given a real chance. We have some very talented youngsters in their early twenties. If they are good enough, they are old enough. I would prefer to see two or three of them integrated into the team alongside Jack than have the £30 odd million. If the youngsters cannot see a way to progress, why stay with the club?
big ming

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:36 am

big ming wrote:If Jack goes for big money, it will probably mean us signing more experienced journeymen(again!)at the expense of our kids being given a real chance. We have some very talented youngsters in their early twenties. If they are good enough, they are old enough. I would prefer to see two or three of them integrated into the team alongside Jack than have the £30 odd million. If the youngsters cannot see a way to progress, why stay with the club?

I think you are in the majority of Villa fans except for the one that matters and that is Bruce. He does not do youth unless the situation is forced upon him. Last season Davis only played because we had no strikers. That is one of the reasons I would tell Bruce that he can't sign anybody over 28, force the issue on him to play younger and more energetic players in a positive way... well I can always dream! Laughing at You
achilles
achilles

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Anyone know anything about our new keeper?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Not a great deal, I did see a tweet last night from a Portuguese journalist suggesting that he's been very impressive in his previous loan spells, and I know last summer he almost joined Benfica for ten million euros as a replacement for Ederson, he was also linked with Sporting Lisbon earlier this year as part of a swap deal between them and Atlético, for Gelson Martins...

Some seem to have written him off based on the fact that he hasn't played for Atlético, and has been constantly sent out on loan, but Sam Johnstone has never played for United either, and he was also was constantly sent out on loan... Basically I think we've loaned Atlético's version of Johnstone, and has probably come to be our number one.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Surprised we aren't being linked with any central defenders, considering Chester is the only one at the club that Bruce is willing to use... Also the window closes in a weeks time, we'll still have until the end of the month to bring in loans, but that will be our last chance to sell any players to help with the FFP situation, thought we might have shifted a few more by now.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Anyone know anything about our new keeper?

The bit I have seen on YouTube he likes to punch a bit more than I would like to see.
The bit I have heard is a bit mixed, some think he is okay, some think not so good, strange that nobody has signed him though!

Having said that he is only 22, so young for a goalkeeper but that means he will make mistakes, hopefully the Villa fans can accept that part of the deal.
In his interview he says all the right things and in English, which is a massive positive.

Can't really see we have much to lose on the deal to be honest and I wish him all the best! Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:00 am

avfctransfers1, saying that we're looking to bring in another four or five loans. I don't think I've seen him get anything wrong, and most people presume he works at the club in some capacity... Should be an interesting few weeks...

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 827C6FDD-E534-4088-B32D-659A3FA522EC.thumb.jpeg.470da0d5c6e6fa26f87c968d4c7521b9
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:45 am

This is all very good but once again we are NOT prepared for the start of the season!
If this is true by the end of August the team could look very different but we could easily be in the situation of again playing catch up, besides trying to integrate all the new players into the side. In my mind this is utter madness as these loans should have been done before the first game or not at all except in exceptional circumstances.

Bruce just does not learn anything, we have absolutely no chance of automatic promotion this season, if we are lucky we may scrape into the play off places again! Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 1327487109
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:16 am

It's true, Bruce has just confirmed that we're looking to bring in four or five at his press conference, he's also said that two deals are close to happening... Have a feeling one of those might be Abraham, but we'll see...

I'd rather us strengthen the squad than not, we'll have a much better chance of going up doing so, than we would just leaving the squad as it is; of course it would have been better to have everyone already signed up, but that was obviously impossible this summer with all the behind the scenes stuff going on, barely a few weeks back, it was looking like we wouldn't be able to bring in anyone at all, whilst selling anyone who'd fetch a bit of money...

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:05 am

The irony is we still have the most expensive team put together in the Championship.

Some good news on the official website, Chester is captain again. That we're not selling him (and probably aren't selling Jack) speaks volumes about our new owners aim of getting back to the PL ASAP. I reckon Bruce is going to be under heavy scrutiny - it wouldn't take much (relatively!) for the new (majority) owners to employ someone who knows what they're doing to evaluate and monitor the team's performance while new managers are investigated.

Chester ran a steady and successful defence the season before last before Terry became captain. Depending on who comes in alongside him and how the goalie gets on a solid defence is going to help us massively this season. And frankly I can't think of another current player I'd rather have as captain.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:48 am

The current squad without any loans is capable of challenging for at least a play off place under the RIGHT manager, bloody hell Bruce has spent enough on his squad of players to get them achieving that objective at least!

The only position we definitely need a loan is centre half, so what has happened to Axel Tuanzebe?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:50 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It's true, Bruce has just confirmed that we're looking to bring in four or five at his press conference, he's also said that two deals are close to happening... Have a feeling one of those might be Abraham, but we'll see...

I'd rather us strengthen the squad than not, we'll have a much better chance of going up doing so, than we would just leaving the squad as it is; of course it would have been better to have everyone already signed up, but that was obviously impossible this summer with all the behind the scenes stuff going on, barely a few weeks back, it was looking like we wouldn't be able to bring in anyone at all, whilst selling anyone who'd fetch a bit of money...

To my mind it just generates yet more excuses for Bruce to come out with!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Snodgrass isn't one of them according to the BM & Sky, staying at Wet Spam
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:10 pm

achilles wrote:The current squad without any loans is capable of challenging for at least a play off place under the RIGHT manager, bloody hell Bruce has spent enough on his squad of players to get them achieving that objective at least!

The only position we definitely need a loan is centre half, so what has happened to Axel Tuanzebe?

I don't think we can risk Tuanzebe, he's a bit of an unknown quantity and was injured while on loan with us last season. I'd really like us to borrow him as cover (and because he may well be better at RB than Elmo/De Laet/Bree and better at DM than Whelan - but not Thor) but not in a key position. With the right man next to him I reckon Chester is PL quality, we just need to find the right man to go next to him!

Incidentally I can announce a new arrival - my daughter Olive was born just before midnight on Wednesday. She can't yet copy her brother in saying 'Aston Villa Hooray' (which his grandmother taught him) but only because she can't yet talk. Fear not, I'll work on it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Congratulations @FoxyAV Dancing Banana Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 1520050566 Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Nice one Foxy - congratulations to you both.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:52 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
achilles wrote:The current squad without any loans is capable of challenging for at least a play off place under the RIGHT manager, bloody hell Bruce has spent enough on his squad of players to get them achieving that objective at least!

I don't think we can risk Tuanzebe, he's a bit of an unknown quantity and was injured while on loan with us last season. I'd really like us to borrow him as cover (and because he may well be better at RB than Elmo/De Laet/Bree and better at DM than Whelan - but not Thor) but not in a key position. With the right man next to him I reckon Chester is PL quality, we just need to find the right man to go next to him!

Incidentally I can announce a new arrival - my daughter Olive was born just before midnight on Wednesday. She can't yet copy her brother in saying 'Aston Villa Hooray' (which his grandmother taught him) but only because she can't yet talk. Fear not, I'll work on it.

Great news mate. Best wishes from the DK household Dancing Banana
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 am

Congratulations
LVBrit

Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018 - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:47 pm

So we're apparently set to sign Ørjan Nyland who's another goalkeeper, seems strange considering we've only just signed Moreira, who will now presumably be backup, but then why waste a loan on a reserve player, when we already have Steer, Bunn, and Šarkić...

Seems like we're repeating the mistakes of previous transfer windows where we signed players that we didn't really need, Whelan when we already had Jedinak, Elmohamady when we already had Hutton and De Laet, and so on, I'd have thought we would have learned something after the summer we've just had...

It might not be so bad, if we were to get rid of Bunn and Steer, but that probably won't happen, as we seem to be the worst club at selling players that we don't want.

We really need to bring in a CEO or a DOF, or both, and not let Bruce and football agents run amok with our recruitment policy.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:31 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:So we're apparently set to sign Ørjan Nyland who's another goalkeeper, seems strange considering we've only just signed Moreira, who will now presumably be backup, but then why waste a loan on a reserve player, when we already have Steer, Bunn, and Šarkić...

Seems like we're repeating the mistakes of previous transfer windows where we signed players that we didn't really need, Whelan when we already had Jedinak, Elmohamady when we already had Hutton and De Laet, and so on, I'd have thought we would have learned something after the summer we've just had...

It might not be so bad, if we were to get rid of Bunn and Steer, but that probably won't happen, as we seem to be the worst club at selling players that we don't want.

We really need to bring in a CEO or a DOF, or both, and not let Bruce and football agents run amok with our recruitment policy.

If this is true, then it is utter madness, although it has been reported by the Daily Star (file under rubbish)!

P.S. Seems like a decent keeper though!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Well his team FC Ingolstadt are playing today, and he's not in the squad, and they've confirmed that he's in talks with another club. So looks like it's likely to be true. Just hope he's not being brought in just because Moreira is a Mendes client and Bruce doesn't like that.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next