The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Terry close to joining Sporting Lisbon according to reports in Portugal.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 am

Some places reporting it is going to be Terry and some it is going to be James Collins? Either way Potato Head has got to persuade the new owners why he needs an over paid over the hill CB when he left Elphick out on loan last week without a replacement in place?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1392
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by achilles on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:22 am

Bloody hell, desperation or what, absolutely no thought or actual plan in any of Bruce's signings!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by FoxyAV on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:45 am

I'm pretty sure I came up with the James Collins suggestion a few weeks ago so it's nice to know TBAR has a wide reach!
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2406
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:28 am

I also hear that Alan Evans and Ken McNaught keep themselves in good shape? Bye

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1392
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:05 pm

To be honest if Bruce isn't going yet, then I'd rather have Terry than not have him, we'll stand a better chance of getting promoted with him in defence than we would just leaving Jedinak there. I would have preferred us to have signed a younger defender, but that didn't happen for whatever reason, so we are where we are, and need to do something, because if Chester was to get injured we really would be trouble.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3481
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by FoxyAV on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:13 pm

I just had an image of Chester injured and the dynamic duo of Whelan and Jedi as CBs.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2406
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by DelboyVilla on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:54 pm

I also think Terry brings the dressing room together? However Potato Head will need to manage the number of games he can play?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1392
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by big ming on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:36 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:I also think Terry brings the dressing room together? However Potato Head will need to manage the number of games he can play?
Well he won't have to worry about the Carabao League Cup for a start.

big ming



Posts : 413
Reputation : 267
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by Fpuppys on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:51 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:To be honest if Bruce isn't going yet, then I'd rather have Terry than not have him, we'll stand a better chance of getting promoted with him in defence than we would just leaving Jedinak there. I would have preferred us to have signed a younger defender, but that didn't happen for whatever reason, so we are where we are, and need to do something, because if Chester was to get injured we really would be trouble.

There again if Terry was to get injured, were back to square one but facing a longer rehab period for Terry's recovery.
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 926
Reputation : 384
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 53
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Wasn't really sure where to put this but worth noting that Tammy Abraham scored for the England U21s tonight.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2898
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 am

Rumors that Ritchie De Laet is off on loan to Melbourne? Brilliant Potato Head logic again?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1392
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by De Kuip on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:37 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:Rumors that Ritchie De Laet is off on loan to Melbourne? Brilliant Potato Head logic again?  

Yeah Bruce is a sugarbag. Can only think its like Edward Norton in fight club where he beats himself up so he can go home from work but still get full pay, except with Bruce its the team he's beating up.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2898
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by big ming on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 am

... and there goes our best right back. Bruce out, now!

big ming



Posts : 413
Reputation : 267
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by achilles on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Green has picked up a knee injury at Portsmouth and is due to go into hospital for an operation!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:28 pm

He's had the operation, a cyst on his leg that's been there a while.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2406
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by achilles on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:He's had the operation, a cyst on his leg that's been there a while.

Why didn't he have it done in the summer then if it has been there a while?
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm

@achilles wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:He's had the operation, a cyst on his leg that's been there a while.

Why didn't he have it done in the summer then if it has been there a while?

I just saw it on Instagram, you'll have to ask him. Maybe it was manageable before but has just come to a head?
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2406
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:23 am

Cyst- come to a head - very good......
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2898
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 am

avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2898
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by achilles on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:50 am


He would fit in perfectly here if 'his off field problems' are true, he could camp out with McCormack and Richards at the holiday camp!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:03 am

Yeah he comes with baggage that's for sure but if he is clear of all that he is still a talent.

Problem is that for all his (claimed by the press) man management skills, I think Bruce is a disaster when it comes to players with personal problems.  Look at fatmac - he obviously has issues and they may well be similar to Caulker's, so why would anyone think Bruce would be supportive if and/or when that sort of person fails?

Here's a link to a Guardian article, albeit 15 months old so SC may well be a very different person today, but worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2898
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by achilles on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am

@De Kuip wrote:Yeah he comes with baggage that's for sure but if he is clear of all that he is still a talent.

Problem is that for all his (claimed by the press) man management skills, I think Bruce is a disaster when it comes to players with personal problems.  Look at fatmac - he obviously has issues and they may well be similar to Caulker's, so why would anyone think Bruce would be supportive if and/or when that sort of person fails?

Here's a link to a Guardian article, albeit 15 months old so SC may well be a very different person today, but worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr

Interesting read and who knows what he is like now. Some people never change as it is very, very difficult to get off that self destruction path once on it, especially when someone has so much spare time!

Obviously I wish him all the best in dealing with his demons!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2308
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by De Kuip on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:28 pm

@achilles wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:Yeah he comes with baggage that's for sure but if he is clear of all that he is still a talent.

Problem is that for all his (claimed by the press) man management skills, I think Bruce is a disaster when it comes to players with personal problems.  Look at fatmac - he obviously has issues and they may well be similar to Caulker's, so why would anyone think Bruce would be supportive if and/or when that sort of person fails?

Here's a link to a Guardian article, albeit 15 months old so SC may well be a very different person today, but worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr

Interesting read and who knows what he is like now. Some people never change as it is very, very difficult to get off that self destruction path once on it, especially when someone has so much spare time!

Obviously I wish him all the best in dealing with his demons!

Yeah so do I, football is a fucking horrible industry in many ways, sure you get mega money and if you have a long, relatively injury-free career and play regularly it must be a dream come true.
But if you fall on tough personal times it seems to just not give a shit.
That bit in the article where he was sent to Bristol in the midst of his gambling/alcohol addiction and was put in a flat on his own in town, in between several nightclubs and opposite 2 casinos. Jesus, he was only about 23 years old, wtf did they expect!?
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2898
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by VTID85 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 pm

His story has some striking similarities to that of someone like Gazza - both tragic - and I think you've hit the nail on the head DK when you say football is a fucking horrible industry in many ways.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 716
Reputation : 725
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer transfer window/Firesale 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum