The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Xia out!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Xia out!

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 pm

It was all over the Chinese business news that he sold a stake in Teamax for around £400m earlier that year in 2016 so he did have money, and that's how he claimed to have financed the purchase of the club.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:It was all over the Chinese business news that he sold a stake in Teamax for around £400m earlier that year in 2016 so he did have money, and that's how he claimed to have financed the purchase of the club.  

Was it ? - I recall him telling us that but didn't see it documented anywhere- but apparently he still owns and 18% stake in teamax (think his brother owns a bigger share) - from what I understand even the value of that company has slumped 20% in the last couple of years.

Depends what you want to believe I suppose. Personally I think he is the worst thing to happen to this club and quite feasibly take us down to league one and/or administration.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:52 am

At least we kind of know a few more things now after his statement, but not all.

I am grateful for the statement as at least it has confirmed that SB is staying and apart from the rather odd issues with HMRC and some sort of cashflow issues which are still as yet unexplained and rather concerning, we kind of know what to expect for the season.

The bit which sticks out for me is that we need to be realistic regards expectations.

In other words the team will be weakened, players sold and likely no replacements brought in as we have to comply with the ridiculous FFP. This was of course the case regardless of the unexplained cashflow issues.

I would guess we will see several players leave and no doubt some of the better ones. Depending on how much we raise from them will determine whether we bring any free's, loans or cheapies in. FFP being the issue not the clubs overall finances in the playing side of things.

The sacking of Round, Wyness and the fitness guru etc will surely help with FFP too although on a small scale.

The glaring issue though is we still have no idea of Xia's finances as he conveniently sidestepped this.

Survival has to be the aim this season and if we can somehow bring through some of the kids whilst keeping a few good players and maybe loaning a few more in we might stay up. I think talk of promotion is deluded however and we need to bring things into line regards FFP then re-evaluate in the Summer when a few more big contracts will end, Richards for example.
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 am

I personally would be amazed if we're anywhere near a relegation battle, it would take one hell of a squad cull for us to become that weak, we probably couldn't get rid of the players to put us into that much of a state even if we wanted to.

I wouldn't even rule out a promotion push, until I've seen who it is we lose, I don't think losing Chester, Kodjia and Grealish alone should preclude us from challenging, we were challenging in first half of last season without Grabban and Grealish and pretty much all season without Kodjia. I think the main concern has to be central defense, if United let us have Tuanzebe and they pay his wages that would be big help.

It's only if we start losing the likes of Hourihane, Adomah, Green, Bjarnason on top of the ones mentioned above, that I'd completely rule out a top six finish.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 am

And as I said in the other thread, I wouldn't rule out a takeover just yet either, Xia saying that he hasn't put the club up for sale doesn't mean he wouldn't sell if the right offer came in, and he's not going to weaken his bargaining position by appearing desperate to get rid, it reminds me of when Lerner said he 'wasn't a motivated seller', again he wanted to sell, but it was spun to make it look like he was not desperate to do so.

I think the likely scenario is someone buys a minority stake, with a view to possibly buying the whole club at a later date.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:53 am

I hope you are right DBA although i fear the Championship is a tough nut to crack and we already have a weaker team than last season. Take away Grealish and a few others, especially Chester, and i fail to see, even with Tuanzebe, where a promotion standard defence will materialize from.

That would leave
De Leat
Bree
Elmohamady
Hutton
Taylor
Sulliman

Chester??
Jedinak??

Bedeau is supposedly decent but is he ready?

If we bring in some loans like Huth etc then maybe so but that's looking unlikely.

The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Think we'll probably bring someone in from somewhere somehow. We've still got Elphick as well, who's perfectly fine at Championship level at least as good as someone like Nathan Baker who a lot of fans pine for.

Not sure Sulliman and Bedeau will be deemed ready yet as neither are fully physically developed yet, which is the reason Sulliman couldn't get a game on loan last season, they've both played left-back, so might be an idea to send them somewhere on loan in that position, where they're more likely to get a game, just to get some experience and help them build up their strength, if we were to switch to three at the back then maybe Sulliman would get a chance, he must be in contention as he's gone to Portugal... As has Mitch Clark who I think is more likely to make the breakthrough next season, whenever I've seen him he's looked excellent, whether he's playing right-back, left-back or in central defense, he's a lot more physically developed than the other two as well.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Anyone expecting promotion is setting themselves up for the same disappointment as the last two seasons.

Anyone still feeling entitled to premier league football is setting themselves up for the same disappointment as the last two seasons.

The gamble has been made, the dice rolled etc. and we remain outside of the top flight. Realistically, we can't and should not take the same approach. It's a tough pill to swallow for many, but a realistic expectation (based on what is now in front of us, not on how big of a club we are or whatever) is that we have a solid season in the Championship, where we tackle the apparent adversity head-on and say no, we won't let it beat us and we will walk how ever many hard miles it takes to find our way to a place we would rather - not expect to - be.

It could be very tough or it might not be as tough as we fear. We don't know and even Xia doesn't know. Anyone who professes to know how this next season is going to pan out please provide lottery numbers via PM. All the club can do is try to make positive decisions for the good of the team and the fans.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm

I don't think anyone is expecting promotion, but I am confident that we'll finish a lot closer to the top six than we do to the bottom three. I bet when the window closes in a months time, we'll be able to look at our squad, and it will still be one of the stronger ones in the division... Terry's gone but our defence was only marginally better last season than it was the season before without him, we've proved we can compete without Grealish, Grabban and Kodjia for large chunks of last season, and I expect Green (if he stays) will be an adequate replacement for Snodgrass, in all honest he might even be an improvement.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 pm

I see our key and most important players and backbone as:

Johnstone
Chester
(Thor)
Grealish
Kodjia

Johnstone's already gone and while we would hate it we can replace Grealish. Kodjia and Chester for me are key players we absolutely can't sell unless we absolutely have to. I add Thor because I think he's the key to the mobility of the two other central midfielders (in the same way that Whelan holds them back to cover him). I would be happy with Thor behind Lansbury and Hourihane, or with O'Hare up there. If we keep Kodjia and Bruce plays his standard HOOF then he's capable of holding it up and I reckon Hourihane and Lansbury make formidable support.

Chester and Kodjia then. I'm resigned to Grealish going. In the other two though we have one of the best strikers and one of the best defenders in the league and we can build the rest of the team around them.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 pm

On the subject of the thread title I'm already seeing people talking about protesting against Xia, I have to say I wonder if it's a little early for that, if it becomes apparent at the end of each month that we still can't afford to pay the bills then maybe so, but otherwise it might do more harm than good.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:28 pm

After that statement, written by Luke Organ no doubt (note the lack of spelling errors and no emjois), I want this fraud gone more than ever? He has not addressed several important issues most importantly the obvious financial mismanagement of the club during his tenure? Why did we have the threat of winding up from the HMRC when we couldn't pay our tax bill? What monies has he borrowed against/signed away at a reduced value (ie next year's transfer fees and parachute payment) so we can survive month to month?
He has made poor appointments and poor signings and now expects the original cheque book manager to work with no money? He expects us to believe the club can be run by him from China? He has no money that's obvious but he was berating journalists 2 years ago for suggesting he wasn't a billionaire? If he runs us like he runs his other companies then we shall be in administration before we know it?
The guy is a joke and anyone who thinks we will not have a relegation battle next year is kidding themselves IMO!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 pm

I don't doubt for a minute that some of the people who have approached Xia for a stake in the club are waiting for the club to enter administration as that gives them a better chance of him cutting his losses and selling. We could do without the point deduction. A clean sale by Xia would be preferable.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 pm

I would like to ask Xia what the ‘Five Year Plan’ now is.
My interpretation of Xia’s and Bruce’s statements is that if we are in the same position in five years time, it will be a success story for them. Bruce can play all the ‘hard done by’ crap he liked but he was the one who came out with the ‘we will be thereabouts’ stuff all the time, especially when he was getting stick for woeful tactics. Xia has been proven to be as untrustworthy as Stan Flashman so any words from him, or more likely penned for him, should be treated with a pinch of salt.
Organ will turn out to be the new Tom Fox, with Rongtian Ho taking up the bizarre position vacated by Paddy Reilly.
Too many are falling for Bruce’s ‘we need the fans with us’ bleating. He was quick to turn on the fans when he was proven to be clueless, with quite a few believing that his record of achieving promotion from this division was a guarantee that he would do it again.
Bruce keeping his job is the lesser of many evils. If he has any sense, he will hold out for a golden handshake, which he probably was doing.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 am

@VTID85 wrote:Anyone expecting promotion is setting themselves up for the same disappointment as the last two seasons.

Anyone still feeling entitled to premier league football is setting themselves up for the same disappointment as the last two seasons.

The gamble has been made, the dice rolled etc. and we remain outside of the top flight. Realistically, we can't and should not take the same approach. It's a tough pill to swallow for many, but a realistic expectation (based on what is now in front of us, not on how big of a club we are or whatever) is that we have a solid season in the Championship, where we tackle the apparent adversity head-on and say no, we won't let it beat us and we will walk how ever many hard miles it takes to find our way to a place we would rather - not expect to - be.

It could be very tough or it might not be as tough as we fear. We don't know and even Xia doesn't know. Anyone who professes to know how this next season is going to pan out please provide lottery numbers via PM. All the club can do is try to make positive decisions for the good of the team and the fans.

That last sentence, was it a joke? Which decisions taken over the last 2yrs have been positive for the club?
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Xia borrowing more money against the club's assets...

I thought after his statement the cash flow worries might start to ease up, but seeing this being newly filed, that obviously isn't the case, can see things getting very ugly.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:52 pm

@Dazzle wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:Anyone expecting promotion is setting themselves up for the same disappointment as the last two seasons.

That last sentence, was it a joke? Which decisions taken over the last 2yrs have been positive for the club?

Not a joke, no. Didn't mention any decisions made over the last 2 years as being positive but one can hope that those going forward will be.Why would anyone not hope for that?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:37 pm

I wonder how long it will take for the protests to start!!!
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Xia is going to bankrupt us. This is where you’d hope the football league could step in and say,”actually it turns out you’re not a fit and proper owner and we’re going to stop you taking out loans against every asset the football club has built up over its long history”. Xia has to sell up and fuck off.
IF YOU ARE READING THESE FORUMS, DR XIA, YOU ARE FINISHED AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB. TROUSER WHATEVER YOU CAN FROM A SALE AND GO BACK TO CHINA PERMANENTLY
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:30 am

Hands up who still thinks Xia is a wealthy state backed billionaire ?

He has to go pretty sharpish - the only possible reason for him staying is that he purchased us with borrowed money - and the sale price, at best £40m - won't cover what he paid ..around £80m.

His only option is to remain in situ - asset strip us to the bone - hoping that will somone will bail out his sorry ass. Worse crisis since the late 60's
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am

I get the feeling that a lot of fans are confident that itvwill be alright on the night. Sadly, there is absolutely no evidence that this will be the case.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 am

@Dazzle wrote:Xia is going to bankrupt us. This is where you’d hope the football league could step in and say,”actually it turns out you’re not a fit and proper owner and we’re going to stop you taking out loans against every asset the football club has built up over its long history”. Xia has to sell up and fuck off.
IF YOU ARE READING THESE FORUMS, DR XIA, YOU ARE FINISHED AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB. TROUSER WHATEVER YOU CAN FROM A SALE AND GO BACK TO CHINA PERMANENTLY

He's already in China - never to return IMO - Sadly he still owns us though !

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 am

@smetro wrote:
@Dazzle wrote:Xia is going to bankrupt us. This is where you’d hope the football league could step in and say,”actually it turns out you’re not a fit and proper owner and we’re going to stop you taking out loans against every asset the football club has built up over its long history”. Xia has to sell up and fuck off.

Yes Smetro and apparently he can run the club as it's CEO from under the rock he is hiding behind in China too! Amazing! As far as I am aware mortgaging assets to generate cash will not alleviate our FFP problems either? Just goes to show that this idiot has no more cash than you or I? He will have completely wrecked the club in a few weeks time by asset stripping? Watch out for the clubs silverware being put up on Ebay next! In some ways I am glad we didn't get promoted as that just would have papered over the cracks for another year?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@smetro wrote:

Yes Smetro and apparently he can run the club as it's CEO from under the rock he is hiding behind in China too! Amazing! As far as I am aware mortgaging assets to generate cash will not alleviate our FFP problems either? Just goes to show that this idiot has no more cash than you or I? He will have completely wrecked the club in a few weeks time by asset stripping? Watch out for the clubs silverware being put up on Ebay next! In some ways I am glad we didn't get promoted as that just would have papered over the cracks for another year?

Precisely - Everyday this bloke stays makes the mess worse for when he eventually goes. You may not have liked Ellis or Lerner but this guy is in another league when it comes to bad owners - unless he departs pretty swiftly he will ruin this club for 20 years or more.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 am

@Sky wrote:I wonder how long it will take for the protests to start!!!

If we get off to a good start to the season, which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility, then I imagine most will forget about their discontent with Xia, and our financial woes... On the other hand, if results do go badly, which is very possible, then I suspect protests would follow shortly... But if he does not want to sell up, there's nothing that anyone can really do about it, he won't let us go into administration, so we're basically stuck until he runs out of ways to borrow money, or we get incredibly lucky and someone comes in and gives him an offer for the club that's too good to turn down.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum