The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

+18
Sky
NARLA24
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
Con
Alf T
The Utterer
Dazzle
De Kuip
Dions_Bald_Head
AstonThriller
big ming
Fpuppys
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
achilles
bruka
smetro
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 Empty Re: HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

Post by UnclePanda Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 pm

im still genuinely worried we wont have a football club come august
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 Empty Re: HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

Post by achilles Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:04 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We had to take out a loan to pay our bills last month, and nothing has happened in the meantime to suggest we'll find it any easier paying this month's. For me Xia's silence is very worrying, if what we're seeing in the media is exaggerated it wouldn't take much for him to dismiss it, even takeover talks wouldn't prevent him from doing so.

Administration is being talked about, I just hope that the club isn't asset stripped to prevent that from happening, I wouldn't have believed it just under a month ago, but I'm not sure what to believe now, fearing the worst at the moment.

As an aside Xia sold his stake in Recon Sport to 'Shenliyuan Investment Group' for ¥1.4b back in April, what that means for us I'm not sure, but seems strange to me.

I think that is what is happening behind the scenes so administration can be avoided.
achilles
achilles

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Administration would be infinitely better than the club's facilities being asset stripped.

I think we need to hope against hope that there's someone out there with money, willing to give Xia what he wants and buy us, the next three weeks could be vital for the club's future... It's just a case of wait and see, nothing else we can really do.
deadbuzzardalive

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:31 am

Xia looking for investment by the looks of it, or he's going to buy more shares himself?

Express and Star
Wriggle
Wriggle

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 am

Xia is an idiot! Why would anyone with half a brain go into business with a retard like Xia? Lerner and Xia both prove that having money doesn't make you clever or stop you from doing stupid things?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:32 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Lerner and Xia both prove that having money doesn't make you clever or stop you from doing stupid things?

Sums it up nicely!

Promotion or bust, no half measures.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:36 pm

I know the Chinese like to gamble but the whole of your savings, deeds to the house, keys to the car and food money on one single outcome is to risky for most especially with a lump of lard like Bruce in charge of your destiny?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:I know the Chinese like to gamble but the whole of your savings, deeds to the house, keys to the car and food money on one single outcome is to risky for most especially with a lump of lard like Bruce in charge of your destiny?

You must have been living in a cave these last couple of years, EVERY SINGLE pundit is incapable of mentioning Steve Bruce without telling us how he's the most successful manager ever at gaining promotion from the Championship Very Happy

I suppose Xia believed the hype and could see the very shiny attraction of promotion. As it turns out now we'd not have billions of pounds to spend once we were promoted, just the £180million over two seasons as bandied around by internet news sites.

I was thinking yesterday how we've been lumbered for years with a bomb squad of highly-paid players on long contracts - N'Zogbia springs to mind. At the moment Richards, McCormack, Hogan, Jedi, Richards, Whelan and Elmo wouldn't even see my starting 11 (well, Hogan would make the bench if we had a manager with a clue).

Under Xia we've spunked all our money on immediate glory without building a team in the first place. Sure, the players were gelling towards the end but it always seemed to be in spite of Bruce's team selection and 'hit and hope' tactic. We bought the statistically best Championship players on inflated wages and contract lengths, 80% of whom were going to be discarded when we did get promoted and then wondered why the shining stars from each team didn't gel when taken out of their comfort and optimum operating zone and dropped into Bruce's long ball pinball game of chance. From the start it's been two golden chances for glory, both of which we fucked up.

I'd love to see a list of excuses from Bruce for each loss - from memory when his job was looking precarious he was blaming the players not doing what he told them to do. Bearing in mind by the time we made it to the playoff semis against Boro he was still complaining we were sitting too deep, you have to wonder how he feels about his 'real men with experience' line on which he based his whole promotion campaign. And question why the squad still wasn't doing what he wanted them to do almost two seasons in and with the likes of Terry in the team.

I'd give away Whelan and Jedi just so the wage savings can pay off Bruce's contract.

Oh and I like Jedi and would like to keep him as a super sub/enforcer but we just can't afford him. If Whelan stays and Thor goes I'll just give up.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:03 pm

FoxyAV wrote:At the moment Richards, McCormack, Hogan, Jedi, Richards, Whelan and Elmo wouldn't even see my starting 11 (well, Hogan would make the bench if we had a manager with a clue).

Just quoting myself here because it just occurred to me that with Terry (I never forgave Bruce for swapping him for Baker) and Snodgrass gone and with Jedi, Whelan and Elmo in my personal bomb squad, that's all of Bruce's experienced real men who can stand up gone. I don't include Lansbury or Hourihane here, or Hutton who was already at the club. Sure, Bruce didn't bring in Jedi.

If Bruce stays, what's the plan for next season? Head in sand and stick with the real and experienced men to grimace us over the line? Will we be stuck with Jedi and Whelan alternating in the middle, with every opposition midfield running rings round them and Thor long gone to balance books, and Richards back in central defence?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 pm

If we sell Chester (one of the few assets we have) then maybe we will have a CB pairing of Jedi and Whelan backed up by Elphick? Frightening? A midfield of Hourihane and Lansbury backed up by the kids? Keeper, Steer backed up by no idea? Wingers Greene and who knows (assuming Albert is sold)? CAM O'Hare backed up by free loan? Strikers Hogan, Davies and RHM? Sell Grealish, Chester, Bjarneson, Kodja and Adomah? Get in 40-50m? Balance books! Spend nothing! Just avoid relegation!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:09 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:If we sell Chester (one of the few assets we have) then maybe we will have a CB pairing of Jedi and Whelan backed up by Elphick? Frightening? A midfield of Hourihane and Lansbury backed up by the kids? Keeper, Steer backed up by no idea? Wingers Greene and who knows (assuming Albert is sold)? CAM O'Hare backed up by free loan? Strikers Hogan, Davies and RHM? Sell Grealish, Chester, Bjarneson, Kodja and Adomah? Get in 40-50m? Balance books! Spend nothing! Just avoid relegation!

That basically sums it up!
Villa are 6/1 to get relegated next season! HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 4107169167
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:12 pm

@FoxyAV - best summing up of Bruce's football I have heard!

"Bruce's long ball pinball game of chance" HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:37 pm

I really liked the look of Tuanzebe. What I object to though (and I'm not alone) is seeing other players come in on loan when we have our own U23s ready and waiting. I like Steer and think he'll do a good job. Likewise in Green, Blackett-Taylor, Lansbury, Davis, O'Hare, Audrey, Taylor, Bree and so on we have some very good players who a good manager could work with. Enough, I think, to stave off relegation but probably not good enough for promotion. Except if Bruce is in charge we'll be seeing Elmo and Hutton (I like Hutton but, well, I'd rather see Taylor at LB, sorry!), maybe Richards and Elphick in the middle (Elphick could well be a vital player for us), Whelan and Jedi in front (if Jedi isn't in defence) and a bunch of washed-up PL players from Hull populating the rest of the field.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 am

Unfortunately Richards has been suffering from a severe case of Sfairesphobia? This is a debilitating illness for a footballer and could well bring his career to a premature end sadly?
The Times are also reporting that we owe Terry half a million?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:11 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Unfortunately Richards has been suffering from a severe case of Sfairesphobia?

I heard he couldn't play anywhere near Snoddy and Jedi due to his pogonophobia...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 am

Still selling off future transfer fees... Charges, on Companies House...

Was hoping we'd hear something this week, with the Express and Star reporting that Xia is set to make a decision on a few offers in the next couple of days.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 am

Official website has been down since yesterday, I know they said it's because they're changing web provider, but I've never heard of it taking this long before.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Having worked at a company that had major financial difficulties a few years ago I found that once word got out of the problems the whole industry dropped us like lepers? BirminghamLive are saying Bristol City are watching a little worried because we still owe them for Kodija? Also we owe Fulham for McCormack and Brentford for Hogan? None of it is chicken feed either, it multi millions?
Maybe the new web designer wants paying up front? Couldn't blame them with our leader holed up in China and way too quiet for him?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Us still owing money on McCormack, Kodjia and Hogan is quite normal, as most transfers are structured so that they're paid over a two or three year period. We're in a mess, but the media are also trying to make stories out of things that aren't there.

As it happens the site is now back up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Woo Hooo!!! Dancing Banana HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 1520050566

The media stories will just rack up the pressure on Xia as there will be some very worried people who we owe money to?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:54 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Woo Hooo!!! Dancing Banana HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  - Page 5 1520050566

The media stories will just rack up the pressure on Xia as there will be some very worried people who we owe money to?

Wonder if he is as worried as I am.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:39 am

When do we receive money for topping the remaining teams in the Championship and how much is it worth?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5