The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Go down

LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by AstonThriller on Tue May 29, 2018 7:01 pm

Keepers

Steer
Sarkic


Central Defenders

Chester
Elphick
Suliman
Richards
Bedeau


Full-backs

Elmo
Taylor
Bree
Clark


Central Midfielders

Grealish
Lansbury
Hourihane
Thor
Jedinak
Whelan
Tshibola
Gardner
Doyle-Hayes
O'Hare
Lyden


Wingers

Adomah
Green
Blackett-Taylor


Strikers

Kodjia
Hogan
Davis
Mccormack
Hepburn-Murphy
Mckirdy


IF we can keep most of this squad and add a few pieces here and there, then we should be able to mount another serious challenge under a more progressive manager. Because let's be honest, no-one is gonna have a better collection of strikers and midfielders if Jack and Hourihane stay. Elphick and Chester also showed that they can form a decent partnership last season as well. Kodjia having the summer to get himself right should easily replace Grabban but the key area that would need addressing would be the right wing. Replacing Snodgrass's production would be vital to moving forward. The keeper situation would need a serious look at too. Probably another loan I guess.

But all in all IF this clubs has any smarts about it we could easily be a force again next season because right now we've got some very good pieces in place. Great leader at the back in Chester, goalscoring midfielder in Hourihane, creative spark in Jack and a goalscorer in Kodjia. Adomah is a goal getter as well. Just need the right man to come in, get them playing a more progressive style and we should be just fine.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2140
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by bruka on Tue May 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Ruben Lameiraa at £500,00 anyone ?

bruka



Posts : 411
Reputation : 176
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 31
Location : Wolvo

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by FoxyAV on Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Steer's a good goalie, I wouldn't object to him playing the season.

Blackett-Taylor on right wing.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2059
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue May 29, 2018 9:03 pm

If we could keep the likes of Chester, Hourihane, Grealish, Adomah, Kodjia and Hogan, and have Green and Hepburn-Murphy stay fit, then I'd have little doubt that we'd be challenging for promotion with a competent manger who likes to play attacking football, even Snodgrass has apparently said he wants come back, it's just a question of who we can and can't keep, today's stories don't look promising at all, but all we can do now is wait and see how the club respond.

If Adomah stays, I think he'd be on the right with Green on the left, also with Snodgrass gone, that's probably a position where we'd look to bring in someone on loan. Blackett-Taylor everytime I've seen him he looks pretty decent, and links up well with Davis, and RHM, but whatever reason never seems to get anywhere near the first team. Another youngster to look out for is Colin Odutayo, I've only seen him a few times for the u18s on youtube, but each time he's looked exceptional and a class above everyone else, very highly rated.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3044
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by AstonThriller on Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:If we could keep the likes of Chester, Hourihane, Grealish, Adomah, Kodjia and Hogan, and have Green and Hepburn-Murphy stay fit, then I'd have little doubt that we'd be challenging for promotion with a competent manger who likes to play attacking football, even Snodgrass has apparently said he wants come back, it's just a question of who we can and can't keep, today's stories don't look promising at all, but all we can do now is wait and see how the club respond.

If Adomah stays, I think he'd be on the right with Green on the left, also with Snodgrass gone, that's probably a position where we'd look to bring in someone on loan. Blackett-Taylor everytime I've seen him he looks pretty decent, and links up well with Davis, and RHM, but whatever reason never seems to get anywhere near the first team. Another youngster to look out for is Colin Odutayo, I've only seen him a few times for the u18s on youtube, but each time he's looked exceptional and a class above everyone else, very highly rated.

Isn't he only 16/17? And yes, I've seen him play a few times, Dutch lad isn't he? And boy does he look special. If he was at Fulham he'd be playing by now I suspect.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2140
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by bruka on Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:If we could keep the likes of Chester, Hourihane, Grealish, Adomah, Kodjia and Hogan, and have Green and Hepburn-Murphy stay fit, then I'd have little doubt that we'd be challenging for promotion with a competent manger who likes to play attacking football, even Snodgrass has apparently said he wants come back, it's just a question of who we can and can't keep, today's stories don't look promising at all, but all we can do now is wait and see how the club respond.

If Adomah stays, I think he'd be on the right with Green on the left, also with Snodgrass gone, that's probably a position where we'd look to bring in someone on loan. Blackett-Taylor everytime I've seen him he looks pretty decent, and links up well with Davis, and RHM, but whatever reason never seems to get anywhere near the first team. Another youngster to look out for is Colin Odutayo, I've only seen him a few times for the u18s on youtube, but each time he's looked exceptional and a class above everyone else, very highly rated.

Isn't he only 16/17? And yes, I've seen him play a few times, Dutch lad isn't he? And boy does he look special. If he was at Fulham he'd be playing by now I suspect.

Yes but this is Aston Villa and we need manly men playing for us.

bruka



Posts : 411
Reputation : 176
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 31
Location : Wolvo

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue May 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Yes he's only 17, but he's already played a number of times for the u23s. Not expecting him to make a big breakthrough next season, but if he impresses for the u23s as he has done for the u18s, then he might play himself into whoever's in charge of the first teams thoughts, Dmitri Sea is another one, meant to be rough around the edges, but a very exciting player to watch.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3044
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by FoxyAV on Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 am

@bruka wrote:
@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:If we could keep the likes of Chester, Hourihane, Grealish, Adomah, Kodjia and Hogan, and have Green and Hepburn-Murphy stay fit, then I'd have little doubt that we'd be challenging for promotion with a competent manger who likes to play attacking football, even Snodgrass has apparently said he wants come back, it's just a question of who we can and can't keep, today's stories don't look promising at all, but all we can do now is wait and see how the club respond.

If Adomah stays, I think he'd be on the right with Green on the left, also with Snodgrass gone, that's probably a position where we'd look to bring in someone on loan. Blackett-Taylor everytime I've seen him he looks pretty decent, and links up well with Davis, and RHM, but whatever reason never seems to get anywhere near the first team. Another youngster to look out for is Colin Odutayo, I've only seen him a few times for the u18s on youtube, but each time he's looked exceptional and a class above everyone else, very highly rated.

Isn't he only 16/17? And yes, I've seen him play a few times, Dutch lad isn't he? And boy does he look special. If he was at Fulham he'd be playing by now I suspect.

Yes but this is Aston Villa and we need manly men playing for us.

Yes, manly men who can stand up. He probably can't.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2059
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by big ming on Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Is Bjarnason not staying? If he is, I would have him as defensive midfield and bin Jedinak and Whelan if we can. We would save a bundle and have better stamina and mobility. He impressed me whenever he played that role and managed to chip in a couple of goals from open play.

big ming



Posts : 243
Reputation : 264
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu May 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Reading set to sign Elphick, as they have an option on the loan deal. That will leave Chester as the only first team defender.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3044
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by FoxyAV on Thu May 31, 2018 3:11 pm

@big ming wrote:Is Bjarnason not staying? If he is, I would have him as defensive midfield and bin Jedinak and Whelan if we can. We would save a bundle and have better stamina and mobility. He impressed me whenever he played that role and managed to chip in a couple of goals from open play.

Hell yes. When he played he mobilised the two midfielders in front of him. When Whelan held that position for so long it completely scuppered Hourihane who wasn't able to get forward so well. I'd like to keep hold of Hourihane even though he seems to go missing so often (or is that just because he scores as a poacher while Jack gets all the attention for creating the moves in the first place?) but if he goes and helps ease the financial burden I want Lansbury playing ahead of Thor. That is assuming we play a similar formation.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2059
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: LIST OF PLAYERS LEFT ON THE SQUAD

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum