The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Where to we go from here?

+22
VIlla68
Wriggle
The Utterer
achilles
jeffvilla
Saunders82
De Kuip
avfc85
STO67
Dions_Bald_Head
Dazzle
big ming
VTID85
DelboyVilla
bruka
Jae1411
smetro
AstonThriller
Terry Derry
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
26 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 Empty Re: Where to we go from here?

Post by smetro Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 pm

The silence is intriguing - Either there is nothing happening and Bruce and Wyness have been given some time off

or

There is a major shit storm and an earthquake to be delivered next week.
smetro
smetro

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:35 pm

big ming wrote:Following on from my post last week about how the Championship is not a bad place for the Villa just now, I would add something else. There seems to be two schools of thought. One is that Bruce got us close with his "style" - it would be expensive to change and involve more upheaval and therfore, he should stay. The second is that we need to recruit a progressive footballing type instead of more Bruce "eye bleeding" football.
For myself, I think football is there to entertain the fans. I would rather have a manager with an open and expansive style who goes for the win the vast majority of times. OK, so every now and then it will go pear-shaped and we will lose 2-3 or something but, by Christ we will have seen something worth watching. If Bruce could produce a Wolves type performance consistently, I would give him another chance but when he reverts to the regular,dour "hack it out of defence and sod possession" I draw the line. I want to be entertained - end of. Any progressive manager with a reputation for playing the beautiful game, beautifully will do for me.

I'd like to like this post but the button's no longer there.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:14 pm

smetro wrote:The silence is intriguing - Either there is nothing happening and Bruce and Wyness have been given some time off

or

There is a major shit storm and an earthquake to be delivered next week.

I think that your first option is probably correct. It may just be that they have all agreed to take a couple of weeks off and them come back together to have those conversations. I don't like them wasting time when there are preparations to be made for the new season, given we have had three weeks less than some of the other clubs due to the play offs. It may also be a case that Bruce is considering his options whilst he takes a rest, he could well walk, citing family reasons and no-one would blame him. Possibly the best result all round.
STO67
STO67

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 pm

big ming wrote:Following on from my post last week about how the Championship is not a bad place for the Villa just now, I would add something else. There seems to be two schools of thought. One is that Bruce got us close with his "style" - it would be expensive to change and involve more upheaval and therfore, he should stay. The second is that we need to recruit a progressive footballing type instead of more Bruce "eye bleeding" football.
For myself, I think football is there to entertain the fans. I would rather have a manager with an open and expansive style who goes for the win the vast majority of times. OK, so every now and then it will go pear-shaped and we will lose 2-3 or something but, by Christ we will have seen something worth watching. If Bruce could produce a Wolves type performance consistently, I would give him another chance but when he reverts to the regular,dour "hack it out of defence and sod possession" I draw the line. I want to be entertained - end of. Any progressive manager with a reputation for playing the beautiful game, beautifully will do for me.

do you, hand on heart, believe this? you think we could lose a few games 2-0, 3-0, and fans will be happy? I cant see us getting results like that, playing well, and fans going home happy.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:23 am

Simon Jordan who's normally very complementary towards Villa on twitter...

“I expect to see Villa selling quite a few players. I expect to see Grealish going. I expect to see Kodjia going. And I expect to see, possibly, a change of ownership.”

“I’m worried for Villa. I have a degree of understanding. I don’t see the opportunity to get out of the Championship being heightened by the changes about to come.”

“I want to be careful on some of the things I do know, and what I can and can’t say.”

All quotes taken from an interview on 'talksport', transcribed on the 'villareport' twitter, that last line doesn't sound too promising at all, if anything things like this and the Daily Star story should force the club to say something.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:50 am

When I first read that last quote from Jordan, I thought he was suggesting that he knew something dodgy about Xia. But now looking at it again, the line... 'the changes about to come'... make me wonder if Bruce and Wyness will be leaving and that's what Jordan is referencing, I mean if he knows Wyness personally then he would put a negative spin on him leaving the club.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

Yes, I think it's a case of Jordan putting in a good word for the old boys network. Can see next week being very interesting indeed, whether the changes will be something to get excited about remains to be seen, It could just be a case of more cost cutting, and we see someone like Calderwood, Agnew or even Delaney put in charge, but I'm now starting to think that Bruce will be leaving and possibly even Wyness too.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 am

Could just be NDAs in place or he has been a confidant and revealing what he knows could jeapordise the very thing that he knows.

Or the alternative view, he knows fuck all except how to get football fans into a froth.

We will see. If Xia is looking to sell already, does anyone remember what he bought the club for? £100m seems more than what I remember.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 am

These figures are taken from Xia's interview with Nick Harris who flew to Beijing to conduct the interview at xia's house, so they're probably the most accurate out there, he paid £52m for the club and agreed to pay an overdraft at HSBC of £24.5m, and if we were to go up within three seasons he would pay another £30m to Lerner, plus another £10m if we stay there for three seasons after promotion. So so far it's cost him seventy odd million, but that could raise to over an hundred million.

There's also the money he's put into transfers (parachute payments don't even cover our wage bill), also Recon made a capital contribution of £57m to improve the balance sheet.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:26 pm

I personally wouldn't mind if Xia left as long as the next owner has enough clout and ambition to really take us forward. The reality is Xia has not achieved a damn thing since he arrived at b6. He put his trust in a CEO who was long past his sell-by date, hired an inexperienced novice as director of football, gave RDM the managers job, then panicked and sacked the guy after just eleven games and then he contrived to give potato head another chance to screw the club despite showing us In his first season that he was incompetent.  you reap what you sow at the end of the day.

The fact is he's just like Lerner. Put his faith in other people without pushing to create a philosophy at the club that could ensure long-term success. Everything has been about "today", and no tomorrow. And this is why he has failed.

The group who were eyeing Newcastle are still out there. So I'm sure if they are serious about owning a team they could easily turn their attention to Villa when you consider we'd cost much less to purchase.

Hopefully by next week we will see some news come out either way. If I had to pick between the manager going or Tony going Id pick Xia right now, because a new owner would probably dump Bruce and co anyway.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm conflicted on Xia, I do think he's the real deal in terms of having wealth, and genuine plans for the club, but I think it's probably tied in with other plans connected to his urban planning and smart city plans, that are more long term, meaning he probably doesn't have the drive to see us succeed straigtht away, not saying he doesn't care, but he can afford to wait and play the long game.

Even if he is planning on selling it could be years before it actually happens, but then again, he's obviously got more business contacts across the globe than Lerner had, so maybe that would help, I don't know.

My guess is in the coming week it will be denied and the club will release some PR piece to reassure fans of him commitment, maybe release some details of his plans for Villa Park or something.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm still wondering what the hell has happened to Wyness, I know fans can read too much in to either him or Xia not posting on Twitter for a few days or so, but it does seem strange that he'd be so quiet after play-off final defeat.

I'm sure we'll hear something in the coming week, whether it's what we want to hear though is another question.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 pm

AstonThriller wrote:I personally wouldn't mind if Xia left as long as the next owner has enough clout and ambition to really take us forward. The reality is Xia has not achieved a damn thing since he arrived at b6. He put his trust in a CEO who was long past his sell-by date, hired an inexperienced novice as director of football, gave RDM the managers job, then panicked and sacked the guy after just eleven games and then he contrived to give potato head another chance to screw the club despite showing us In his first season that he was incompetent.  you reap what you sow at the end of the day.

The fact is he's just like Lerner. Put his faith in other people without pushing to create a philosophy at the club that could ensure long-term success. Everything has been about "today", and no tomorrow. And this is why he has failed.

The group who were eyeing Newcastle are still out there. So I'm sure if they are serious about owning a team they could easily turn their attention to Villa when you consider we'd cost much less to purchase.

Hopefully by next week we will see some news come out either way. If I had to pick between the manager going and Bruce going Id pick Xia right now, because a new owner would probably dump Bruce and co anyway.

I have to agree, something doesn't sit right with the Dr I mean even with Lerner who basically never spoke - we had an idea of how much wealth he had, but Dr T is like a mystery man when he comes to that I think he could of made plans if we got in the Premier league but now we aren't he is stuffed.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:47 pm

A quick decision made on JT leaving the club, but nothing else comes out in terms of decisions? I don't believe that the club is 'on holiday' without those decisions already being sorted. We kick off again in about 10 weeks, we paid for being under prepared last season and cannot afford to be under-cooked again this season.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 am

Our main UK scout Tony Coton, is leaving to join Sunderland, according to Alan Nixon, would be a strange thing to make up, so presumably it's probably accurate.

So that's the first change then.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Xia is a businessman first and foremost, as he points out in his statement.
Therefore the figures no longer work out now we haven't got promotion and his plans are out of the window.
Basically he has failed and I can seriously see him deciding to sell, that is why everything has gone quiet because everything is in a state of flux with no direction or future plan, except that basically 'if it isn't nailed down' then it is for sale! I am not certain that they really had a plan B for failure to gain promotion as they really didn't want to face the consequences of not achieving it, well it has come home to roost!

Currently the only way Bruce will leave is if another club comes in for him (perhaps Leeds), we can always hope, as he has shown absolutely no integrity over his failures to fulfill his remit of promotion.
achilles
achilles

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:41 pm

The Sun are now claiming that he wants to sell, and that there's a consortium of Brits interested in buying us... Where they'd get the money I'm not sure, as the names mentioned don't seem to be all that wealthy.

Surely now the club have to put out a statement tomorrow clarifying a few things, there's too much uncertainty floating around at the moment.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Sun are now claiming that he wants to sell, and that there's a consortium of Brits interested in buying us... Where they'd get the money I'm not sure, as the names mentioned don't seem to be all that wealthy.

Surely now the club have to put out a statement tomorrow clarifying a few things, there's too much uncertainty floating around at the moment.

You don't need to be billionaire wealthy when the club can only make a maximum of £13m/year losses anyway, they will call it being financially responsible. No new owner can come in a spend a stupid amount to buy the league now anyway as the EFL can and will now simply dock the required amount of points to keep you out of the playoffs and in the division along with hitting you with a nice fine to line their pockets too.

Besides the only sources for the club being for sale are the bellend from Talksport and The Sun? I am not defending Xia, his ownership so far has failed in its plans, I just don't think people need to set up camp at the end of the runway just yet.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 am

Always amazes me how the press always get a sniff of these things but the employees at Villa are the last to find out anything.
Are these reports just speculative journalism based on a hunch purely because we did not get promotion? So lets make a story up with no real evidence? Or is there more to it? Is there a secret underworld of information in football or is it just gossip?
Simon Jordans comments are very interesting though don't you think and he seemed to be the first source to mention anything about this.
As usual we will just have to wait and see as the roller coaster that is Aston Villa once more takes to the tracks.
Shit really.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Where to we go from here? - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Always amazes me how the press always get a sniff of these things but the employees at Villa are the last to find out anything.
Are these reports just speculative journalism based on a hunch purely because we did not get promotion? So lets make a story up with no real evidence? Or is there more to it? Is there a secret underworld of information in football or is it just gossip?
Simon Jordans comments are very interesting though don't you think and he seemed to be the first source to mention anything about this.
As usual we will just have to wait and see as the roller coaster that is Aston Villa once more takes to the tracks.
Shit really.

There is definitely substance behind all the rumours as I heard very disquieting information BEFORE the playoff final IF we didn't get into the PL!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:48 pm

achilles wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Always amazes me how the press always get a sniff of these things but the employees at Villa are the last to find out anything.
Shit really.

There is definitely substance behind all the rumours as I heard very disquieting information BEFORE the playoff final IF we didn't get into the PL!
Fair play fella.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 pm

You know on reflection it just goes to show how utterly ridiculous Bruce set us up in the playoff final, so negatively when he obviously also knew what was on the line?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:03 pm

achilles wrote:You know on reflection it just goes to show how utterly ridiculous Bruce set us up in the playoff final, so negatively when he obviously also knew what was on the line?
Well you would think he knew but do managers ever really know anything apart from what they are told ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:02 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
achilles wrote:You know on reflection it just goes to show how utterly ridiculous Bruce set us up in the playoff final, so negatively when he obviously also knew what was on the line?
Well you would think he knew but do managers ever really know anything apart from what they are told ?

I don't think he did know the full fallout - he said straight after the game that he would like Grealish to stay - and said Terry returning was up to Terry. (both don't look feasible) Thats not make excuses for SB - Its more a dig at those above him - who assured all and sundry that they had a plan whichever division we ended up in.

Of course they do have plan for staying in the championship - basically asset strip the club until the debts are gone.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm

A lot of scaremongering going on at the moment, and people making stuff up to suit their own agendas. Of course Bruce knew the cost of failing to go up, he even said himself before the game, that if we lost the team would look very different next season. And of course he's going to say he hopes Grealish stays, it's not out of the question that that might still happen.

And there's nothing to suggest Xia is going to asset strip the club, we'll sell some players, but probably not as many as people fear.

If Bruce, had have done the job that he should have done, with the tools given to him by Xia, then we wouldn't be in this mess. For me Xia's taking too much flack.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum