The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Sunderland v Villa thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by achilles on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 pm

It is really hard to judge anybody on that display because Sunderland were just so bad and Grealish came on when Sunderland had virtually given up.
Still think our best team is with Grealish in playing behind the front man in a 4-1-3-1-1 and I would pick Grabban as the striker.

Saturday's game is going to be a cracker! UTV
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2315
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by achilles on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 am

@FoxyAV wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know we scored our three goals today without him, but we look a much better team with Grealish on the pitch, although Sunderland are that bad that it's hard to judge, almost feel sorry for their fans, I really thought they were going to give it a real spirited go after getting decent draws against two form teams in Middlesbrough and Millwall.

Bruce must have been shouting himself hoarse when Grealish kept coming deep to play the ball out of defence.

Exactly where you don't want Grealish, we have more mediocre players to do that task, he has to stay in the oppositions half that is when he is at his best.
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2315
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by FoxyAV on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am

@achilles wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know we scored our three goals today without him, but we look a much better team with Grealish on the pitch, although Sunderland are that bad that it's hard to judge, almost feel sorry for their fans, I really thought they were going to give it a real spirited go after getting decent draws against two form teams in Middlesbrough and Millwall.

Bruce must have been shouting himself hoarse when Grealish kept coming deep to play the ball out of defence.

Exactly where you don't want Grealish, we have more mediocre players to do that task, he has to stay in the oppositions half that is when he is at his best.

I disagree, he terrifies the crap out of the opposition, who either foul him or watch as he wafts past. He created some cracking attacks from our defence all the way forward and showed just how pointless hoofball is when you have a player like him on the pitch. Sure, Sunderland looked completely defeated but the principal is solid - Grealish in midfield really is what links all the otherwise separate parts of the team.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2434
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by achilles on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:
@achilles wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know we scored our three goals today without him, but we look a much better team with Grealish on the pitch, although Sunderland are that bad that it's hard to judge, almost feel sorry for their fans, I really thought they were going to give it a real spirited go after getting decent draws against two form teams in Middlesbrough and Millwall.

Bruce must have been shouting himself hoarse when Grealish kept coming deep to play the ball out of defence.

Exactly where you don't want Grealish, we have more mediocre players to do that task, he has to stay in the oppositions half that is when he is at his best.

I disagree, he terrifies the crap out of the opposition, who either foul him or watch as he wafts past. He created some cracking attacks from our defence all the way forward and showed just how pointless hoofball is when you have a player like him on the pitch. Sure, Sunderland looked completely defeated but the principal is solid - Grealish in midfield really is what links all the otherwise separate parts of the team.

As an opposition player that is exactly where you want Grealish to pick the ball up in his own half, he can't do any damage there, forget last night Sunderland had given up.
I want him attacking the opposition in their own half that is when he will cause the opposition problems.
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2315
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by Dazzle on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 pm

@achilles wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:
@achilles wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know we scored our three goals today without him, but we look a much better team with Grealish on the pitch, although Sunderland are that bad that it's hard to judge, almost feel sorry for their fans, I really thought they were going to give it a real spirited go after getting decent draws against two form teams in Middlesbrough and Millwall.

Bruce must have been shouting himself hoarse when Grealish kept coming deep to play the ball out of defence.

Exactly where you don't want Grealish, we have more mediocre players to do that task, he has to stay in the oppositions half that is when he is at his best.

I disagree, he terrifies the crap out of the opposition, who either foul him or watch as he wafts past. He created some cracking attacks from our defence all the way forward and showed just how pointless hoofball is when you have a player like him on the pitch. Sure, Sunderland looked completely defeated but the principal is solid - Grealish in midfield really is what links all the otherwise separate parts of the team.

As an opposition player that is exactly where you want Grealish to pick the ball up in his own half, he can't do any damage there, forget last night Sunderland had given up.
I want him attacking the opposition in their own half that is when he will cause the opposition problems.


Of course in an ideal world Grealish would be camped in the final third of the pitch causing problems, but it’s horses for courses. Against better opposition who are able to push us back Grealish and his ball retention skills become a very big bonus. His ability to draw the foul, along with 2-3 opposition players, is a vital cog in keeping an opposition away. He is of priceless worth to us if we are under pressure and the likes of a Terry and Chester et al can roll the ball into him and he can either hold it and draw the foul or he drifts past one or two and picks out a Grabban or a Hogan further up the field.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 968
Reputation : 1150
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 45
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Villa thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum