The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread v Fulham away

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Match Thread v Fulham away

Post by Saunders82 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 am

This as we all know could be a defining game for us, we are on a good run and so are they, its been said that our run is only against lower teams so if we put another win on the table we should have a better idea how we ARE doing. I expect a tough match but I think we can shade it by the odd goal, one thing I am certain about is our new found confidence & team spirit plus we have some savvy heads in our team who know how to close things down, we have options on the bench too, bring it on they will be up for it so should we be AND if we do keep winning the status quo stays in place. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Re: Match Thread v Fulham away

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:39 am

I wouldn't exactly call Bristol City, Sheffield United and Middlesbrough easy teams especially with the latter two being away, Forest had new manager bounce as well when we played them, even small heath had been on a good run, so even if we do lose tomorrow, I don't think it proves anything with regards to the level of the teams we're can and can't beat.

The bad news is that Grealish and Adomah are both major doubts, if so I really hope it means a chance for Green, I'd probably bring him and Onomah in as replacements. Elsewhere I'd seriously think about bringing in Tuanzebe at right-back and asking him to man-mark Sessegnon.

Don't really have a good feeling about our chances, but hoping for a win regardless, need the three points.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am

If either Albert or Jack are out I'd be worried, if both are out I'd be more than a little concerned to say the least. Looks like those cavemen from the sty left more than a bad smell behind then if injuries are going to affect us. Having said that I think Fulham will be nervous about our visit if only due to our form, let alone playing staff.
My head says we'll do well to get a draw, so I'm going for 1-1, but if I was placing a bet based on gut feel I think 1-2 to us.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 pm

I think that Grealish will definitely start, if Adomah is feeling a hamstring then he might be a non starter. Grealish would be the bigger miss in my opinion but fingers crossed they both start as I think it’s just Bruce teasing Fulham into thinking they might have it a bit easier before throwing reality in their face! Agree with above that Sessegnon needs looking after, though I trust the work rate of snodgrass and Elmo to counter him. I think there will be goals, I’ll go for a 1-2 Villa win.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I wouldn't exactly call Bristol City, Sheffield United and Middlesbrough easy teams especially with the latter two being away, Forest had new manager bounce as well when we played them, even small heath had been on a good run, so even if we do lose tomorrow, I don't think it proves anything with regards to the level of the teams we're can and can't beat.

The bad news is that Grealish and Adomah are both major doubts, if so I really hope it means a chance for Green, I'd probably bring him and Onomah in as replacements. Elsewhere I'd seriously think about bringing in Tuanzebe at right-back and asking him to man-mark Sessegnon.

Don't really have a good feeling about our chances, but hoping for a win regardless, need the three points.

LOL when have you EVER liked our chances? Laughing Obviously if Jack and Adomah are out then it is a blow. But bringing Green and Onomah in would still give us a great chance of winning imo. Let's remember two of our best performances this season have been Norwich at home and QPR away. Green and Onomah were immense against Norwich that day (Albert and Jack didn't play) and Onomah was sensational at QPR and has four goals to his name. So I'd still be confident of getting a positive result tbh. Although right now I think at least one of them will play, if not both. If not hopefully they will be back for Preston.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm

I remember when Adomah got injured in the first half last week and I thought he would have to be substituted then, as the physio was definitely speaking into the mouthpiece, it amazed me he actually lasted as long as he did although I wouldn't have thought it has done him any favours.

If they are both missing then it will be a massive disappointment and I would be more than happy with a draw then, otherwise hopefully we can sneak a win by however means!

Worries me if both don't play what team selection Bruce makes, as nobody else but Grealish can play that number 10 role, obviously Green is a natural substitute for Adomah, just get the feeling that he will shoe-horn Onomah in somewhere!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 pm

@achilles wrote:I remember when Adomah got injured in the first half last week and I thought he would have to be substituted then, as the physio was definitely speaking into the mouthpiece, it amazed me he actually lasted as long as he did although I wouldn't have thought it has done him any favours.

If they are both missing then it will be a massive disappointment and I would be more than happy with a draw then, otherwise hopefully we can sneak a win by however means!

Worries me if both don't play what team selection Bruce makes, as nobody else but Grealish can play that number 10 role, obviously Green is a natural substitute for Adomah, just get the feeling that he will shoe-horn Onomah in somewhere!  

"Shoehorn"? The guy has four goals this season, what on earth is there to worry about? Laughing
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Can't see us getting anything out of this one. If it was VP then yeah I'd fancy us but a confident, attacking Fulham at home could be too much.

2-1 loss.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@achilles wrote:I remember when Adomah got injured in the first half last week and I thought he would have to be substituted then, as the physio was definitely speaking into the mouthpiece, it amazed me he actually lasted as long as he did although I wouldn't have thought it has done him any favours.

"Shoehorn"? The guy has four goals this season, what on earth is there to worry about? Laughing

Bruce has played him as a left winger on his last last two appearance albeit as substitute... that is worrying!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:07 pm

No Jack or Albert
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Very little creativity. Lots of industry in midfield but only really Snodgrass and maybe Hourihane who could create chances. 

Can't see us getting anything out of this one, we could cope with losing Adomah or Grealish but not both IMO as it means Fulham will know Snoddy is our only major outlet and mark him out of the game
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:10 pm

No Adomah or Jack today guys...

Think the team will look like this...

..................Johnson...............

..Elmo..Chester...Terry...Hutton...

...........Tuanzebe..Jedinak.....
.................Hourihane................
..........Snodgrass....Thor............
....................Hogan...................

The idiots are losing their minds again on twitter as usual. Saying it's "three holding midfielders"!!..I guess they forgot that Thor has been an attacking midfielder for most of his career and plays on the left-hand side for Iceland? Shame about Albert and Jack but being more defensive here just might suit us.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:13 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Very little creativity. Lots of industry in midfield but only really Snodgrass and maybe Hourihane who could create chances. 

Can't see us getting anything out of this one, we could cope with losing Adomah or Grealish but not both IMO as it means Fulham will know Snoddy is our only major outlet and mark him out of the game

Thor has two goals and two assists this season

Grealish has one goal and four assists this season

Grealish is obviously better, but it's not like Thor cannot step up and let's remember he's scored goals at champions league and international level.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Thor has admitted himself that he doesn't belong on the wing, can't take players on and isn't the type to whip in crosses, and that he feels he is better at the middle of the park.

But hey, maybe we should tell him that an arrogant knowitall on the internet knows more than he does himself...
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:33 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:Thor has admitted himself that he doesn't belong on the wing, can't take players on and isn't the type to whip in crosses, and that he feels he is better at the middle of the park.

But hey, maybe we should tell him that an arrogant knowitall on the internet knows more than he does himself...

LOL I provide some stats that prove the lad can score and create a goal, and say that he's been playing on the wing his whole career so should be fine and the bed wetters don't have to jump off a bridge. And this clown starts throwing his dummy out? SMH spare me the kiddy tantrum please!! Laughing
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm

I think the best policy may be to wait and see where everybody plays and go from there!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 pm

That line-up is very defensive, just by having Tuanzebe and Jedinak both in midfield, unless Tuanzebe has some attacking abilities I'm not aware of, I'd have had him marking Sessegnon and put Onomah in central midfield. It smacks of us being scared of Fulham, which considering in their last six home games they've scored 16 goals and only concede 2 is understandable to an extent, does feel like we'll be inviting pressure on ourselves though, still hopefully it does the trick.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Rubbish line-up. We'll lose this. Disappointed by this Bruce.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:02 pm

0-0 Half time - very even - who scores first ? - No adomah, and despite his recent flurry I am still not convinced by Hogan.........Only Snodgrass looks to pose any goal goal threat

Let hope we can get a goal from an unexpected source - Terry, Chester, maybe.

Last edited by smetro on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Snodgrass is slowly winning me over. Must be said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:04 pm

He's playing Tuanzebe at RB and Elmo pushed forwards. Snoddy swapping wings for today.

Not that bad really. Not ideal but that's better than what I had expected when I looked at the line up on paper.

And Bruce is playing Thor as a centre midfielder. Does he not know that he is the Icelandic Messi and should be bombing up the wing tearing up their right back? Quick genius, get a message to Brucie that you know better!!!
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Bollocks! Just as Wolves fucking concede as well!
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 pm

1-0 fulham

Preston beating Wolves.

Preston Tuesday is massive.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Wolves are against 10 men again!!