The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm

How the hell is that not a yellow card. What the actual fuck

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm

2-0 Hourihane! That should seal it!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm

WHAT A FUCKING GOAL NUMBER 2!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Joppe84 wrote:How the hell is that not a yellow card. What the actual fuck

It amazes me what the refs let go, it was the most obvious yellow card you could see. Mind boggles
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Grealish has been outstanding today. Utterly brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Not liking that sub. We actually need some attacking players to relieve pressure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Fuck me Whelan is bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:59 pm

2nd place is ours now and we continue our run! Brilliant result!

Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Good match. Bruce deserves some credit. He had their heads right.

Not impressed by the hoofing at Hogan, but at least we are passing more and more when Grealish are doing what he does best.

First time I've been thinking Grealish actually put in a shift. Very good match. He's matured a fair bit methinks.

Whelan should be done at this club though. He truly is fecking awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:05 pm

That was a good match with a heartwarming 'don't look back in anger' at the end. I came up to a few sellout matches back when it used to happen more than once per year, I bet it was fantastic today.

I reckon we're going to miss Hutton when he goes, we seem to attack more down whichever wing he's on. What's key for me is he runs the ball out and doesn't just punt it like everyone else seems to. I think he brought the ball forward that ended in Adomah's goal.

Anyway, two cracking goals, no one appears to be injured and a red card to top it all.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Great game, quality performances in almost all positions. Only breath-holding moment was when they hit the post, but other than that we controlled the game.

Grealish was stunning, I said before the game he would be our x-factor today. Every player looked like wearing the shirt meant something today (with Elmo the only exception who never has the appearance of a player with pride for his team).
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Another excellent win, Jedinak, Adomah, Grealish and Hogan were our standout players I think. Seven wins on the bounce and up to second in the league as well, need to keep it going though, as there's still a long way to go.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:24 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:That was a good match with a heartwarming 'don't look back in anger' at the end. I came up to a few sellout matches back when it used to happen more than once per year, I bet it was fantastic today.

I reckon we're going to miss Hutton when he goes, we seem to attack more down whichever wing he's on. What's key for me is he runs the ball out and doesn't just punt it like everyone else seems to. I think he brought the ball forward that ended in Adomah's goal.

Anyway, two cracking goals, no one appears to be injured and a red card to top it all.

Whilst Hutton is never going to be player of the season, I think we would be foolish to let him go when his contract ends without a strong replacement and even with a better player in his position he surely would be a good understudy to have just in case.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 pm

@VTID85 wrote:
@FoxyAV wrote:That was a good match with a heartwarming 'don't look back in anger' at the end. I came up to a few sellout matches back when it used to happen more than once per year, I bet it was fantastic today.

Whilst Hutton is never going to be player of the season, I think we would be foolish to let him go when his contract ends without a strong replacement and even with a better player in his position he surely would be a good understudy to have just in case.
I agree completely but the Scottish Cafu would need to half his wages if he wants to stay. If he dies move on then all the best to him.

GREAT RESUKT TODAY.
THEIR FANS ARE SHIT

Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Just back, I stayed to the end and beyond soaking up the atmosphere and that it was just totally, totally awesome!
The Holte was absolutely rocking in the second half as we scored both goals there.
Best game I have seen this season, just because it means so much (especially to me) to beat the slum dwellers!
Couldn't be happier! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

Bruce made the right call with Jedinak replacing Thor, really hard on Thor but Jedinak's presence especially aerially in the midfield was exactly what was needed. Best game I have seen Grealish play from start to finish, he was outstanding.
Albert was really good as well on that wing, him, Grealish and Hutton work really well together. Hogan absolutely ran his socks off again as he was on his own up front, hit the bar when he created his own chance and unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. Hourihane again did nothing but score a great goal, really should do more but no one gets a slagging today!

Off to celebrate with a few drinks! drunken
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Being so professional and just getting on with it, and grabbing another 3 points today, well it almost makes me believe we have a chance for the top 2 spot. I never thought that prior to January, but something has well and truly changed.

Huge credit to Bruce for getting points on the board, even if the football still has too much hoofing to it. After the week he's had as well. Says a lot about a man when you walk into what he did today, especially when you know his history with sha. He impressed me today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:44 pm

@VTID85 you get my Hutton has shown his true worth whilst playing out of position and from what I've read from past and present manager's he's the first and often the last to leave the training ground, he's in great condition for his age, can usually last the full 90 minutes of a game and above all has shown he's a professional by not sulking at having his contract renewed (unlike others at the club).

You only need to look as far as Jedi and Terry to see how much of an asset players like him can be,

Scarf WavingScarf Waving Loving the passion from today's game and it's great to come on TBAR and not find it full of negative thought's.

P.S @De Kuip @NARLA24 before you say it! "Come on TBAR" Could have and should have been "Posted on TBAR"
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:51 pm

In the end a comfortable victory - with 2 great goals. Think we got that first goal just in the nick of time. For all our dominance the blues keeper wasn't that busy up until that point. Our final ball seem to go wrong time after time, several times the players wanted to get themselves set up for the perfect goal rather than gambling.
On 60 minutes we looked out of ideas we had dominated for large parts of the game but couldn't get the the breakthrough. A bit of clever brilliance from Grealish broke the deadlock - and then it was almost 1 way traffic. Overall probably one of better 'footballing' derby performance, we didn't get involved in a kicking match and grealish ran the show.

Highlights
Grealish - A performance worthy of any division - he was that good, totally ran the show
Jedinak - Good and brave call by Bruce, and he delivered won nearly everything in the air

Room for Improvement
Alahomady - got in a few tangles
Horrhiane - supberb goal , but thought he had a quiet game
Hogan - Don't get me wrong he didn't play at badly - hit the bar, a couple of surging runs, and always looking to spring the off side trap. Personally I don't like him as the focus of our attack, I would like someone else to lead the line, with Hogan cleaning up in the box (I suppose I still hanker after Withe and Shaw)

But overall the victories and performances are at the right level now- predictably we are 2nd favourites for promotion, and after Fulham we don't play any form teams away from home. (Although Millwall away could be a toughie - hopefully its in the bag by then)

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm

@Fpuppys wrote:@VTID85 you get my Hutton has shown his true worth whilst playing out of position and from what I've read from past and present manager's he's the first and often the last to leave the training ground, he's in great condition for his age, can usually last the full 90 minutes of a game and above all has shown he's a professional by not sulking at having his contract renewed (unlike others at the club).

You only need to look as far as Jedi and Terry to see how much of an asset players like him can be,

Scarf WavingScarf Waving Loving the passion from today's game and it's great to come on TBAR and not find it full of negative thought's.

P.S @De Kuip @NARLA24 before you say it! "Come on TBAR" Could have and should have been "Posted on TBAR"
Good post mate but I literally have no clue what your last sentence means haha - I'll assume you've been on the sauce as should we all be after that game.
Feck me but the blouse are shit and so are their fans.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

The worship of Hutton is something I can't understand, for most of his time here he's been dreadful, it's only since moving to left-back that he's looked somewhat half decent, but even then he still looks vulnerable defensively, and still wastes a lot of final balls. I saw a thing on twitter the other day that he's taken over thirteen million out of the club in wages, which is staggering, he'll be 34 next season, time to thank him for his efforts, wish him good luck and move on.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm

We've now scored more goals this season than we did in the entirety of last season, and we've still got fifteen games left to go.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:35 pm

LOL told the bed wetters that Jedi would be fine and what happened? Very Happy Is it a coincidence that the last three times that he's started against Boro, Bristol and Blues we have kept clean sheets? Thor has been great, but it cannot be denied that we've let in a few sloppy goals of late so I'm glad Jedi has given Bruce something to think about.

All in all it was an excellent performance, the confidence and swagger the lads are playing with is just a joy to see and we just need to keep going now. We face a big task next week so no time to waste, win at Fulham and I think the others In the race will be very dejected tbh.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:51 pm

@smetro wrote:
Hogan - Don't get me wrong he didn't play at badly - hit the bar, a couple of surging runs, and always looking to spring the off side trap. Personally I don't like him as the focus of our attack, I would like someone else to lead the line, with Hogan cleaning up in the box

I actually think he is quite good when Adomah and Grealish plays football the right way. The problem with Hogan only arrives when we start hoofing it at him from defence. Just utterly bizarre that we still keep doing that.

But from a general point of view, if you intend on playing 451, it's beneficial in most cases to have a strong targetman up front. Grabban is possibly our best bet. I'm not even sure Kodjia will work out, but we'll see I guess. Ideally we should have Tekkers back.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:54 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The worship of Hutton is something I can't understand, for most of his time here he's been dreadful, it's only since moving to left-back that he's looked somewhat half decent, but even then he still looks vulnerable defensively, and still wastes a lot of final balls. I saw a thing on twitter the other day that he's taken over thirteen million out of the club in wages, which is staggering, he'll be 34 next season, time to thank him for his efforts, wish him good luck and move on.

I suppose I am one of those that would have Hutton down on the team sheet every time.
I think fans love to see a committed player giving his all for the club and ejecting some passion into the game. Obviously he has his faults as he is playing in the Championship but he never ever hides, perhaps if he did he wouldn't get so much stick sometimes. I think he is playing better now at left back because he is behind Adomah who does the crossing (although Hutton today produced a superb cross with his left foot that deserved someone putting it into the net).
Regarding the money I don't mind as I just think of Micah Richards and what he has taken out of the club for absolutely f**k all and to top it off he doesn't give a shit about the club!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm

I've always found Hutton and utter liability, but this season I'd argue his been one of our better players. Considering he's playing out of position as well, I think it's very impressive.

What bothers me more is how poor Elmo is. I really don't rate him defensively. I'd prefer if we could get Bree to lock down that position, or sign a replacement in the summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum