The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City match thread

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am

Hopefully the players will see this as just another match and rise avove it all. We gotta beat them on quality, not  get sucked into the derby mud.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 am

Jedinak in for Bjarnason, have to say I strongly disagree with that, we've just won six in a row, why change a winning side for a game against a team twentieth in the league, seems like the management have got sucked into all the usual derby cliches, and have based the team on that, rather than looking at the situation logically, not feeling all that confident now.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Jedinak in for Bjarnason, have to say I strongly disagree with that, we've just won six in a row, why change a winning side for a game against a team twentieth in the league, seems like the management have got sucked into all the usual derby cliches, and have based the team on that, rather than looking at the situation logically, not feeling all that confident now.

And I strongly disagree with you and them prats on twitter moaning their tits off tbh. Ndoye is a monster in their midfield and will be their main target when it comes to set-pieces. He bullied Whelan in the last game and had a header in the box he perhaps should have scored from. Jedi came on and then he was bottled up for the rest of the game. Yes, Thor has been great in this recent run of games but good managers spot potential problems the opposition could create, and try to nip it in the bud. So I totally agree with the decision. Thor has only just started playing in this role, Blues are gonna have three guys in the middle of the park just biting at our guys, so Jedi makes sense to me. And forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Jedi play in the win at Boro and the 5-0 win over Bristol? So it's not like he hasn't contributed to this run at all.

Anyway, I just hope the lads turn up today and give it everything. Yesterday's results mean we're under a little less pressure imo so just go out there and enjoy yourselves lads.

COME ON VILLA!!!
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:33 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Jedinak in for Bjarnason, have to say I strongly disagree with that, we've just won six in a row, why change a winning side for a game against a team twentieth in the league, seems like the management have got sucked into all the usual derby cliches, and have based the team on that, rather than looking at the situation logically, not feeling all that confident now.

Agreed. Can see us losing now. Without Bjarnason we have no energy in that midfield. Awful management.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:38 am

Absolutely mental! Now we loose all dynamism in the centre! I like Jedi but why change a winning side! Bad sign!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:Absolutely mental! Now we loose all dynamism in the centre! I like Jedi but why change a winning side! Bad sign!

LOL the bed wetting over not playing someone who was virtually out of the door a few weeks ago is just funny!!!..it's just Thor, not Keane and Vieira morphed into one man Laughing
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 am

We're going to need Hourihane to have a really good game up and down the pitch, Jedinak being in the side should allow him to get forward a bit more, hopefully he takes advantage.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:49 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're going to need Hourihane to have a really good game up and down the pitch, Jedinak being in the side should allow him to get forward a bit more, hopefully he takes advantage.

The main problem is that our attacking players perform worse when Bjarnason isn't playing. His energy allows them more freedom. Truly a bonkers decision from Bruce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:55 am

It can always be changed if it don't work
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am

Joppe84 wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're going to need Hourihane to have a really good game up and down the pitch, Jedinak being in the side should allow him to get forward a bit more, hopefully he takes advantage.

The main problem is that our attacking players perform worse when Bjarnason isn't playing. His energy allows them more freedom. Truly a bonkers decision from Bruce.

Just trying to think of a glimmer of hope with the situation.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 pm

A big call replacing Bananason with Jedinak, let’s hope it’s a gamble that pays.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Wish we had a captain who could be in the referees face when they do this shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 pm

At least Jedinak is playing well so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Our constant hoofing towards our midget striker has to stop though. What the hell is that about

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:Absolutely mental! Now we loose all dynamism in the centre! I like Jedi but why change a winning side! Bad sign!

LOL the bed wetting over not playing someone who was virtually out of the door a few weeks ago is just funny!!!..it's just Thor, not Keane and Vieira morphed into one man  Laughing

Sit down Potato Head!!!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Short corners man. If I was the manager it would be the first thing I'd fucking ban. Utter wank from A to B. Never seen a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 pm

We're blowing a big chance here, fail to get the three points today and I can't see us finishing in second place, Derby play on Wednesday and will have the chance to go out of site, today feels like a massive opportunity lost.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm

The chance will come where they can't get a foot in or block it and we MUST make it pay, after that Terry slip I thought we were toast but the luck was with us, long may it continue, other than that we have been in control. Scarf Waving
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:20 pm

At work and no streaming allowed so having to look at Sky and BBC updates and it is amazing how pro blues the BBC are? Like they are watching 2 different games?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Blues are winning on yellow cards? Dirty knuckle draggers!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Albert you superstar 1-0 Villa!!!!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:22 pm

WHAT A FUCKING GOAL!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Now go get the second

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Adomah shot set up by Grealish! Just as the BBC said Blousers were getting into game!!! LOL!!!! Dancing Banana

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Need the second goal to feel safe?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next