The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match Thread v Barnsley

+13
villajk
Wookster
FoxyAV
NARLA24
Gordonsleftboot
achilles
Army villain
avfc forever
deadbuzzardalive
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
WendyOz
Saunders82
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Match Thread v Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread v Barnsley

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:56 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:To be fair Bjarnasson historically hasn't really beena defensive midfielder, he's always been an offensive one for both Basel and Iceland, usually cutting in from the left hand side, so can't really blame Bruce for playing him out of position as such. But he's always been known for his combative play, so if he can re-invent himself as a Kanté type player then fair play to him.

I think he did play some games for Iceland in central midfield tbh, hence the reason he actually started in that position on his debut at Brentford where he partnered Lansbury and Hourihane who were also on debut. His rise could be a very important one because Thor has quicker legs than Whelan and Jedi and he will also provide another goal threat aswell, So I hope this switch will work in the long term.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Match Thread v Barnsley - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Match Thread v Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread v Barnsley

Post by achilles Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Another thing that has occurred to me concerning the game yesterday was that Barnsley tried to do what Millwall did to us and pressurise us and play a high line but this time it just didn't work as we actually played our way out of trouble and Barnsley ended up chasing shadows. To be fair a couple of occasions in the second half we gave the ball away in dangerous positions but overall it was so much better. We actually tried something different from a corner for the first time this season, although it was a miserable failure it was good to see that something is being done on the training ground.

Barnsley are a big physical side and will cause other sides loads of problems, so on reflection I think it was a very good performance especially when I think that we can even improve on that performance. Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Match Thread v Barnsley - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3