The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by Fpuppys Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 pm

I don't buy into this Rui Faria thing about "wanting to spend more time with his family" it was only last week he did an interview (can't remember what paper) Saying that he felt the time was right to return to football but as a manager, obviously we turned him down.

If it's Dean Smith we should find out very soon, Brentford will want time to find a replacement, on the other hand I just noticed that Paddy Power have open betting on the next Rep Ireland manager "Martin O'Niel" anyone?
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by achilles Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Fpuppys wrote:I don't buy into this Rui Faria thing about "wanting to spend more time with his family" it was only last week he did an interview (can't remember what paper) Saying that he felt the time was right to return to football but as a manager, obviously we turned him down.

If it's Dean Smith we should find out very soon, Brentford will want time to find a replacement, on the other hand I just noticed that Paddy Power have open betting on the next Rep Ireland manager "Martin O'Niel" anyone?

I heard that about Faria as well, does seem strange.

Just looked at the odds for Dean Smith and they are ridiculous at 1/3, they definitely shouldn't be that short because as far as I aware Brentford haven't even approached yet!

As we keep on saying nobody has any real idea, I don't even think Villa have!
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Aston Villa FC

Verified account

@AVFCOfficial
6m6 minutes ago
More
We are delighted to announce the appointments of Dean Smith as our new Head Coach, John Terry as Assistant Coach and Jesus Garcia Pitarch as Sporting Director ✍️

Full story
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 pm

That came out the blue! No "Villa approach Brentford", or "Smith talks to Villa" headlines...
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Dean smith it is then
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Absolutely gob-smacked as I was talking to someone very close to Dean Smith only at lunchtime today and he didn't divulge anything, not even a snippet. Just wait till I see him next time! lol!

Take it from me Dean Smith will be a breath of fresh air around Villa Park.

Welcome to Villa Park! Dancing Banana Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 1520050566 Dancing Banana Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 1520050566 Dancing Banana

Welcome to John Terry as well, excellent appointment! Dancing Banana Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 1520050566 Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Well interestingly (in my opinion) Matt Kendrick wrote an article earlier?
Bear with me please?
Now normally that is far from interesting but when Potato Head got the bullet MK wrote an article saying Potato Head's time was up and seemingly cut all ties to backing him which had been Bham Mail's stance. Now I think MK got a tip off from inside the club.
Now the article Kendrick wrote was a piece praising the qualities of Dean Smith and arguing for his choice as our new manager. Has he had another tip off?

Pure speculation on part but no worse than the National press?

Called it!
Matt Kendrick seems to have a very good source inside the club at present as he seems to be in a getting the drop on the rest of the hacks!

On Smith being appointed I am really chuffed! Proud of how the club has handled this as well, zero fuss and smoke and mirrors! excellent!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 am

I'm quietly confident about Smith. Funnily enough it comes from watching Hogan chasing down everything and working his arse off while Bruce ensured he had no decent supply or chance of scoring. Smith had Hogan scoring properly at Brentford before we bought him and subjected him to Bruceball, check out this and imagine the likes of Grealish, Bolasie, McGinn, Hourihane and El Ghazi in those attacking positions. And that's without even mentioning Tammy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxXwWINeVBU

Smith must think his Christmases have all come at once!

I'm kind of unsure about Terry, I wonder if he really has hung up his boots or if he'll step in to help out in defence for a few matches. On the plus side he had a really good relationship with Chester, and if Tuanzebe will be playing on the right and Chester on the left, Terry's going to be a real help there. He also had a good relationship with Grealish, and I wonder if that's going to help out if Bruce was a big influence on him, with the transition to the new management.

All in all, a Villa-supporting manager who plays decent football and someone who knows the club and its players and is going to know how to set up the defence as his assistant? I have to say it's a very good pair of appointments if we want them to come in and hit the ground running.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:20 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:Well interestingly (in my opinion) Matt Kendrick wrote an article earlier?
Bear with me please?
Now normally that is far from interesting but when Potato Head got the bullet MK wrote an article saying Potato Head's time was up and seemingly cut all ties to backing him which had been Bham Mail's stance. Now I think MK got a tip off from inside the club.
Now the article Kendrick wrote was a piece praising the qualities of Dean Smith and arguing for his choice as our new manager. Has he had another tip off?

Pure speculation on part but no worse than the National press?

Called it!
Matt Kendrick seems to have a very good source inside the club at present as he seems to be in a getting the drop on the rest of the hacks!

On Smith being appointed I am really chuffed! Proud of how the club has handled this as well, zero fuss and smoke and mirrors! excellent!

Ahem! ‘Source inside the club’. Good to see the Birmingham Press confirmed as ITK again.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 am

Dean Smith is "Head Coach". He has one job - Coaching.  This is what we have needed all along.
Can we change the name of this thread to "Aston Villa New Head Coach" and then close it?
Thank the Lord.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 am

What is the difference between a head coach and a manger?

A manager does NOT do tactics!

A head coach does tactics!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16