The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by De Kuip Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Good to see Smetro and NARLA back on the message boards Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 3769219917 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 3769219917 Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by achilles Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Whoever takes over this bloody lot will have to be a miracle worker as I have just come to the conclusion that they are all doing impersonations of footballers and they are really all failed salesmen!
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:10 pm

The ultimate irony is that with most of us screaming for an attack minded manager - we have scored in every game (the only championship club to do this) - But the defence is powder puff.

Personally I think GK is a major problem , closely followed by CB. Personally again, I wouldn't be handing this job over to a rookie.

Daft rumours of a Henry/Terry combo - Don't buy it - myself
smetro
smetro

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

I don't know anymore, all very depressing really! Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 1401410211
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:53 pm

If there is any truth to the rumour that Henry was at Millwall today, that performance should well and truly frightened him away.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Paul Hetherington of the Daily Star reporting that Rodgers will be 'seriously tempted', if we make a move, as he feels he's taken Celtic as far as he can.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 pm

From a source I trust. not itk as its not really news.
Basically the search for new manager hasnt really started yet. Pursilow has a few ideas but these havent been ratified yet. things should warm up next week as the villa board meet to consider options.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:36 pm

John Percy saying Henry in talks...

Thierry Henry is emerging as the early favourite to take over at Aston Villa after initial talks with the club's hierarchy.

Henry, the legendary Arsenal forward, has discussed the prospect of taking over at the Championship club in what will be his first job in management.

The 41-year-old has been targeted by Villa's ambitious new owners, Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, and is considering whether to leave the Belgium FA, where he currently works as one of Roberto Martinez's assistant coaches.

Villa sacked Steve Bruce on Wednesday after a torrid run of results and are keen to appoint an innovative young manager capable of guiding the club back to the Premier League.

Henry was discussed as a potential summer target for Sawiris and Edens after they completed their majority takeover in July and Villa were forced to release a statement reiterating their support for Bruce.

But the 3-3 draw with Preston North End was Bruce's last game in charge and Villa have been considering realistic candidates to succeed him, with the intention of making an appointment before the home game against Swansea on October 20.

Christian Purslow, the Villa chief executive, is spearheading the search and could complete the appointment of Henry next week if negotiations continue to progress smoothly. It has been claimed that Henry believes the Villa job is his if he wants it.

Purslow is understood to be considering other options too, including Jose Mourinho’s former assistant Rui Faria and Brentford head coach Dean Smith, as part of a thorough process.

Villa are also close to appointing a new technical director, with Jesus Garcia Pitarch emerging as a strong contender. Pitarch has previously worked with Valencia and Real Zaragoza.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 am

Henry is not the man I’d choose. What do people actually think they’re getting with Henry? The answer, of course, is that nobody knows because he is completely unknown having never managed before. A great footballer doesn’t make a great manager and there are many examples of this. We need a manager where, to some extent, we know what we can and should expect via some kind of track record. My question to those calling for Henry would be what is it about Henry the manager that draws you to him? What style of play can we expect? What’s his man management like? Because I’m sorry, but being a forwards coach for Belgium when you are working with Lukaku, Hazard, & De Bruyne isnt difficult and doesn’t show any magical touch. Dean Smith is a more logical, evidence based choice. Brendan Rodgers is a more logical, evidence based choice. Thierry Henry is a showbiz, finger in the air, wish for the best choice. He might be good, he might not. Can Aston Villa really take that gamble at this moment? I say it’s madness. Sorry.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 am

Dazzle wrote:Henry is not the man I’d choose. What do people actually think they’re getting with Henry? The answer, of course, is that nobody knows because he is completely unknown having never managed before. A great footballer doesn’t make a great manager and there are many examples of this. We need a manager where, to some extent, we know what we can and should expect via some kind of track record. My question to those calling for Henry would be what is it about Henry the manager that draws you to him? What style of play can we expect? What’s his man management like? Because I’m sorry, but  being a forwards coach for Belgium when you are working with Lukaku, Hazard, & De Bruyne isnt difficult and doesn’t show any magical touch. Dean Smith is a more logical, evidence based choice. Brendan Rodgers is a more logical, evidence based choice. Thierry Henry is a showbiz, finger in the air, wish for the best choice. He might be good, he might not. Can Aston Villa really take that gamble at this moment? I say it’s madness. Sorry.

I have to agree. As an assistant or attacking coach, yes, but only to someone else. Wenger perhaps. I like the sound of Rodgers or Dean Smith but I reckon we'll end up with someone foreign with Champions League experience or whatever.

We've tried a manager specifically employed to take us out of the Championship and it didn't work. Let's hope it's taken this long to sack Bruce because the owners have been thinking very very hard about how they want to proceed.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 am

I can't see the luv in for Henry either unless it is solely on the coaching side of things and a manager/DOF above him.

Kmac implies he was in charge for just one match so an appointment hopefully will be made in the next couple of weeks, the sooner the better!

Swinging back to Rodgers again but who knows by tomorrow!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 am

What about Henry and Martinez?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:29 pm

VTID85 wrote:What about Henry and Martinez?

Martinez with Henry yes, I’d see that as a big coup for the club. I don’t think that’ll be on the table, though. I can’t see Martinez walking away from Belgium.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 pm

If the Mail are correct, it's Henry with Terry as his No.2.
I could go for that. especially if we can get one more season out of Terry. Definately a leader on the pitch which we have been sadly lacking ( no slight on Chester intended).
No mention of DOF but I will do a small wee if it is Wenger.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:00 pm

big ming wrote:If the Mail are correct, it's Henry with Terry as his No.2.
I could go for that. especially if we can get one more season out of Terry. Definately a leader on the pitch which we have been sadly lacking ( no slight on Chester intended).
No mention of DOF but I will do a small wee if it is Wenger.

Everywhere is reporting this now and to me it seems a decent idea with Henry being slightly more experienced on the coaching side with Terry's knowledge of the club and this league from last year? I cannot however see Wenger as DOF. I would be glad to see Jack's reaction to this and I also could see Tammy scoring a bag full with better service!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Why would we not want the man who discovered/developed players like Henry and Ramsey as DOF? Particularly as, if it is to be Henry, he would surely benefit from working closely with a massively experienced guy that he already knows really well. Dream Team for me.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:30 pm

I think you misunderstood me? I would love Wenger as DOF but cannot see him being interested even with the Henry link? I personally think Wenger will be looking for a successful club not one with aspirations to be successful again?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:23 pm

I'd be happy enough with Henry, we've had enough managers with experience to last us a life time, and they have gotten us into this mess, time to give someone a chance with fresh ideas, having played under Wenger and Guardiola, I'm sure he'll try and get us playing good football. If he brings in Terry as a player-coach that will be big help to us as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Big no for Henry from me. He is 3rd coach to Martinez ? - (He gives the bibs out at training sessions) - he isn't right for us - He is getting the job because he is a hero of our majority shareholder.

Keep it simple appoint the best man you possibly can, don't fudge the manager position - its been done before - its why we are in this division.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:05 pm

UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

smetro wrote:
Big no for Henry from me. He is 3rd coach to Martinez ? - (He gives the bibs out at training sessions) - he isn't right for us - He is getting the job because he is a hero of our majority shareholder.

Keep it simple appoint the best man you possibly can, don't fudge the manager position - its been done before - its why we are in this division.

I think Henry does a bit more than that, but it is a gamble:

achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 pm

achilles wrote:
smetro wrote:

Jesus six minutes of that scares me to death - "he s in the position - he's not in the position !" - I thought steve round and tom fox were back.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:07 pm

smetro wrote:
achilles wrote:
smetro wrote:

Jesus six minutes of that scares me to death - "he s in the position - he's not in the position !"  - I thought steve round and tom fox were back.

Fair enough, I thought it was good, I have no idea how Steve Round and Tom Fox has anything to do with coaching whatsoever though!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:11 pm

UnclePanda wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45779373
its not Brendan.

“You can’t rule me out because I haven’t been asked”! Maybe it’s just me but Rodgers didn’t rule himself out? He talks about Villa being a big club, says he’s got a job to do at Celtic...........but but but..........he could have said “I don’t want to be asked because I will turn it down because I have a job at Celtic that I 100% will see through”. Sometimes it’s what people don’t say that is more telling than what they do say.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Ask Rodgers and i reckon he will come. My preferred option due to having more experience than Henry.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next