The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by achilles Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:53 pm

I too wouldn't be overly impressed with Carvahal, as I think we could do better just by thinking outside the box of has-beens!
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Wenger?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Dazzle wrote:It wouldn’t surprise if it was Carvahal, I believe he’s a Mendes client and he’d be free. I’m not quite sure he’s a big enough catch for our owners though, I think they’re looking for a bigger statement and that’s why I’m leaning toward Brendan Rodgers from Celtic.
What I would like this time is a hands on man, someone who will work with what we have and make them better. A smart manager.

I am not overly enthused with Carvahal either. Though it wouldn't be a bad appointment . I have heard he stalled over a job in Portugal last week - the club were pretty angry and have said he expects to take a job in the UK very soon. Thats why I think its him. All his coaching team are still available as well. - which fits in with us axing a load of backroom staff last week.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Whoever it is, I hope they remember that football is part of the entertainment industry.
Bruce failed because, over two years, the number of performances which could be described as " entertaining" can be counted on the fingers of two hands. Mostly, it was eye bleeding dross.
It would be nice to feel proud about the way the team performed going forward. Promotion would, almost certainly, take care of itself.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:46 pm

big ming wrote:Whoever it is, I hope they remember that football is part of the entertainment industry.
Bruce failed because, over two years, the number of performances which could be described as " entertaining" can be counted on the fingers of two hands. Mostly, it was eye bleeding dross.
It would be nice to feel proud about the way the team performed going forward. Promotion would, almost certainly, take care of itself.

Totally agree! Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Thought that I'd read recently that the club were close to announcing a Sporting Director. Wonder if this will go on hold until the new Manager comes in or will they be arriving at the same time as a pair that are willing to work together?
Wookster
Wookster

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:43 pm

The names flying around social media and the likes are at best speculative, I'm sure NSWE have done the research before sacking Bruce and a deal is in place to replace him, personally I would consider Rui Faria above the likes of JT or TH.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Moyes now the red hot favorite with the bookies. I was only thinking recently that It's doubtful that Round will be given another chance as a DOF anywhere, so he'll probably go back to working with Moyes when he gets a job... Didn't think it could be with us though... On the one hand I doubt it will happen, but then I remember when we appointed McLeish after the papers were saying that Ancelotti was going to get the job.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm

No way will it be moyes. I can't believe that. Please please no
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 pm

I don't think it will be Moyes - I do think the appointment could well be one that underwhelms us though. I think the owners and purslow are looking for a the 'steady as she goes type' - Raneri , Carvalho types.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Moyes now the red hot favorite with the bookies. I was only thinking recently that It's doubtful that Round will be given another chance as a DOF anywhere, so he'll probably go back to working with Moyes when he gets a job... Didn't think it could be with us though... On the one hand I doubt it will happen, but then I remember when we appointed McLeish after the papers were saying that Ancelotti was going to get the job.

I think that would cap the McLeish appointment and stop me going! Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 1401410211
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Not another pragmatic Scottish Manager, nooooooooooooooooo
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:33 am

It won't be Moyes.
Skybet have done their usual trick of installing a no hoper as favourite in order to relieve as many mugs as possible of their hard earned. Muppets!

big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 am

Kmac has said the new manager would have people watching game 2moro. I think it's a done deal and appointment imminent
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:29 am

danclare82 wrote:Kmac has said the new manager would have people watching game 2moro. I think it's a done deal and appointment imminent

How many times have we been thru this over the last ten years...

…And I still get excited!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:33 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
danclare82 wrote:Kmac has said the new manager would have people watching game 2moro. I think it's a done deal and appointment imminent

I know me too lol. As long as it's not a moyes pardew etc etc! The comments suggest it's someone out of work so we can rule out Rodgers, smith etc i think
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

danclare82 wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:

I know me too lol. As long as it's not a moyes pardew etc etc! The comments suggest it's someone out of work so we can rule out Rodgers, smith etc i think

Although if he was out of work he could be there in person, rather than send 'other' people!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:05 am

To me that means an out of work manager - Still hopeful my tip of Carvallho - not because he is any good - but because it will get me £1200 !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 am

ITK - its not Henry
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:37 am

achilles wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:

Although if he was out of work he could be there in person, rather than send 'other' people!

It would spoil the big reveal if he turned up tho.

You know; magician introduces a clear glass box, fills it with mist and then he appears!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:39 am

smetro wrote:ITK - its not Henry

Aw shucks.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:40 am

An high profile name that will make a statement, and is probably out of work, makes me think that it could be Ranieri. We've also been linked to Eduardo Macia for the DOF role... Who worked with Ranieri at Leicester... It would also pave the way for Terry to return, possibly as a player coach.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:47 am

I reckon it's Kmac and Terry will come in to coach the U23s. We'll then start investing heavily in youth players, bringing in the very best we can find from other clubs.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48 am

Kmacs comments this morning do make it sound like its a done deal, which in turn lends itself to the idea its a currently out of work manager. I don’t think this is the right time for a newcomer to management, for me it has to be a man who IS a manger and can hit the ground running with a smile on his face. I’ve really got no idea who the owners are going to go for, but it seems it’s probably been a done deal for a little while now. With all of Bruce’s coaches being booted out with him, we surely will have a complete set of people ready to go? I think the new owners may have been as switched on as I hoped they would be Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 10 1520050566
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:53 am

The other thing is the new owners know they'll be judged by the quality of manager and coaching staff they bring in. I reckon it could be a very impressive signing.

Incidentally I saw something saying the new owners weren't going to sack Bruce and co for now but were swayed by the crowd's reaction to the Preston match. which made me wonder, wasn't the money transferred into the club before the match? I do think it all points to everything being in place although I wonder why Kmac is in charge for Millwall, is it because the new manager won't have had a chance to work with the players and we need someone who knows how it all works?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next