The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by LVBrit Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Another season of hoofball and real men then.
LVBrit

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Maybe Henry wasn't being brought in as manager but a new striker? Think of the experience.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Well we will have to wait and see what Bruce is going to do? Wonder if he is on another contract? Hope its performance related, so it's back to hoof ball, he will never change. We need a CEO that can control Bruce spending if any. Good luck UTV.
Army villain
Army villain

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:09 pm

He won't be offered a new contract... This is just a stay of execution at best... I think the fact that the statement is only a few lines speaks volumes, there's nothing in there about the owners looking forward to working with him to achieve our targets, or any comments from Bruce... It's basically just an holding statement...

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Kiss of death has been placed on Bruce's cheek. Clock is ticking, eyes are watching and a two rich fingers are poised upon the trigger.
VTID85

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:11 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:He won't be offered a new contract... This is just a stay of execution at best... I think the fact that the statement is only a few lines speaks volumes, there's nothing in there about the owners looking forward to working with him to achieve our targets, or any comments from Bruce... It's basically just an holding statement...

He has a rolling yearly contract so it never needs to be renewed.
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 am

achilles wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:He won't be offered a new contract... This is just a stay of execution at best... I think the fact that the statement is only a few lines speaks volumes, there's nothing in there about the owners looking forward to working with him to achieve our targets, or any comments from Bruce... It's basically just an holding statement...

He has a rolling yearly contract so it never needs to be renewed.

It might still have a maximum term like three years. It would surely be mad to hire someone knowing if you want to get rid of him at any point you have to pay him £2million.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

I see that some people are suggesting Chris Wilder as a Bruce replacement.
Whilst you have to admire the way his team plays, we really cannot be just approaching the latest manager whose team have just taught us a footballing lesson. We would be touting a different name most weeks, if that were the case.
My feeling is that it will be Rodgers and that something has already been happening behind the scenes, considering that we have signed or tried to sign a bunch of players he wanted at Celtic (including Moukoudi and Scott Mckenna).
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 am

Big club, big ambitions from new owners, big name signings = big name manager. I seriously doubt the new owners came in to buy a mid-table Championship club and I seriously doubt they will keep mid-table Championship manager Bruce.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:46 am

FoxyAV wrote:Big club, big ambitions from new owners, big name signings = big name manager. I seriously doubt the new owners came in to buy a mid-table Championship club and I seriously doubt they will keep mid-table Championship manager Bruce.

Made all the right moves so far. But the next managerial appointment will tell us much about of new owners - Rodgers would be a massive statement of Intent. Slaven Billic I would be ok with - any sort of unknown or rookie - more of the same .....taking a punt & hoping it works.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:56 am

This thread is depressing looking at all these managers who could do something with us, knowing that we're stuck with Bruce, and he's more than likely going to survive yet again, and probably won't go until it's too late for someone to turn it around.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Bit left-field but, Mellbergs's managerial career seems to be going rather well, with back to back promotions. I understand he has all the qualifications but it would be a massive step-up for him (and us, as things are turning out).
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:48 pm

I haven't got a clue who, but have a feeling that when it does come to replacing Brucey these guys won't mess around and will bring in someone really highly rated, as we've seen with who they've kept at the club, the players they've signed/loaned in, and this new CEO.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:35 am

I honestly believe that Potato Head has lost the dressing room? This whole Adamoh situation is strange because in the one decent performance we have put in this season against Brentford Albert played well? AA is IMO an important member of the squad and this pettiness from Potato Head is strange to say the least?

Now he wants to bring back JT to save the defence and dressing room? Just sign JT as a player manager with an experienced number 2 and we will improve.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Convinced we are sounding out replacements. Don't know who but I hope it is someone who will coach the players to pass and move when they have the ball and press the opposition (including potential pass receivers) higher up the pitch, when we don't. Our attackers should be the first line of defence and our defenders should be initiating attacking moves from the back. If we learn to keep the football properly we can control the tempo and the match. I cannot remember a single full 90 minute performance under Bruce where we ever came close to this (even Wolves at VP last year). The best Bruce has ever managed is 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 pm

Until Bruce has actually gone this thread is depressing. But at this stage, even if they're waiting to first appoint a Technical Director with the view that that person will choose Bruce's replacement, we'd still be better off just getting rid of him now, and putting in charge a caretaker manager, MacDonald or Delaney would do.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Just anybody with a football brain and not a potato!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Well it seems we're stuck in an infinite loop where before a game we say if we don't get a win Bruce has to go, we don't get a win, fans have meltdown with all the 'Bruce out' stuff, it makes no difference, then we go into the next game, saying exactly the same things, with exactly the same results, and on and on it goes... Feels like the nightmare is never going to end.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:47 pm

The worst thing is, I know deep down he isn't going to go just yet, but that doesn't stop me constantly checking just in case, and still ending up disappointed when he hasn't been sacked.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:19 am

If he hasn't gone by the end of the next international break then I think he is here for the season and McGrath help us!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:04 am

Dean Smith top of wish list apparently so why we just don't sack Potato Head I will never know. Lunacy by new owners!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 am

The Smith link is probably complete guesswork from Alan Nixon, but if he really is being targeted, then I wonder if they will also go for Robert Rowan for the Tecnical Director role, he's only had that position at Brentford since February, but before then was their 'Head of Football Operations'.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Up and coming versus tried and tested? What works best? Villa's heirarchy have got it wrong so many times over the last 15 years. This is arguably the most important one, arguably of a generation.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:35 pm

STO67 wrote:Up and coming versus tried and tested? What works best?  Villa's heirarchy have got it wrong so many times over the last 15 years.  This is arguably the most important one, arguably of a generation.

Yes the next appointment is critical and I would like to think that the likes of Purslow and NSWE would have a list of potentials that looked a little further than Brentford? There appears to be a lot of decent managers out there and looking at our squad it is not going to be difficult to go on a decent run as we should fear no one in this league. I would like to see a radical choice personally!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:16 pm

I wonder if we could attract a top flight manager/coach with a novel reward success based package. It is interesting that Purslow has shares and therefore, a financial interest in progressing the club. The Cabbage gets paid a flat amount (as far as we know), whatever dross he doles out and whatever our league position.
Surely,it cannot be beyond the wits of the new regime to design a package of a basic wage and bonus per month/season with trigger points based on performance/league position/entertainment value/eventual play-off or promotion.Maybe even include the prospect of a shareholding like Purslow.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next