The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Millwall match thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Millwall match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:06 am

We can't use our past failures or indeed other team's failures as an excuse for our current failures, not surprisingly Bruce brought up the Wolves v Sunderland result up himself; besides, Wolves will be happy to be eight points clear of third spot, Sheffield United will be happy having just got promoted, and only having a fraction of our budget to be level on points with us, and in the play-offs, so fans of those two clubs have much less reason to be aggrieved than ourselves.

As for the players not doing what Bruce wants, people have been using that excuse for a while now, it surely has to get to the point, where you have to ask, if the players aren't doing what he wants, maybe they're not being coached properly, or not at all, does Bruce thinks that game plans and good team play just happens by itself, as we all know he said himself he doesn't do tactics.

As for the mentality, a little more arrogance from Bruce and the players wouldn't go amiss, rather than going into every game as if we're the underdogs, the past has gone, and that includes the relegation season, we currently have the most expensively assembled, and one of the best if not the best squad's in the division, and should be doing better, both with our approach and results.

It's gone now though, it's no good people moaning,we just have to hope that we somehow turn things around over the coming weeks, we need some big results.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:57 am

Just a few more observations from yesterday:

Millwall hadn’t won an away game all season and they played us off the park and fully deserved to win that game. They had 8 shots on goal and we had exactly 1 at home!!!! As I have already mentioned Johnstone saved us from a pasting, best game I have seen him play!

We had 11 corners and they were all exactly the same, never looked likely to score from them, in fact Millwall used them to set themselves up to counter attack us. Snodgrass took everyone of them whilst he was on the pitch and they were all the same which isn’t too bad if we are having any joy with them but we don’t attack the ball so it was easy for Millwall. What do Villa exactly do at BMH, they definitely don’t practice corners or variations of them?

I expected so much more from Snodgrass but he has tailed off appallingly, yesterday he was terrible.

To be honest I despair, here was a young manager in Neil Harris showing us how to set up a team with energy, pace and not short of a bit of ability at a fraction of the cost of our players on the pitch.
On the evidence of yesterday you would have said that Millwall were the team going for promotion and we were fighting relegation!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:16 am

The thing about Snodgrass for me is that he doesn't suit our style of football. I know it sounds like a whine, but Bruce can't even get hoofball done right. If you are to excel at hoofball you need to have attacking outlets on the wings with some pace to relieve pressure and ultimately create. Bruce on the other hand has managed to get in a winger in Snodgrass whom excels with a team who passes and moves, i.e. the opposite of Bruce tactics. It's just mindboggling. I honestly don't get how something so basic isn't understood by a man who is paid millions to coach this side.

And with all the respect to Adomah, he's had a great season, he isn't exactly filling the box up with crosses either.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:05 pm

As much as Johnstone kept us in the game, his distribution was dreadful, just kept kicking the ball into no man's land and wasting possession. In that sense we're missing Terry who's composure, helped us build from the back better; hopefully he isn't too far away now.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:As much as Johnstone kept us in the game, his distribution was dreadful, just kept kicking the ball into no man's land and wasting possession. In that sense we're missing Terry who's composure, helped us build from the back better; hopefully he isn't too far away now.

I tend to agree, the one time he kicked it quickly upfield to our one attacker against three defenders which he did apologise for but having said that he is under instructions to kick the ball like that from Bruce, so it is hardly his fault that tactic doesn't work!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum