The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Millwall match thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Aston Villa vs Millwall match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:33 pm

If Lansbury was to come in for anyone it should have been Onomah. Davis desperately needs a goal, and probably a rest. Sounds like a diabolical performance, and we're lucky not to be a couple of goals down already. Doesn't surprise me at all. It's no good worrying about Wolves and Cardiff, if Bruce can't even beat Millwall. Derby winning now as well.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:49 pm

That last attack. That's Steve Bruce's Villa in a nutshell. Absolutely FUCK ALL off ball movement and individual ability. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Not much movement from us and so laboured in the build up, Millwall have loads of time to get into position & once they have it the hoof ball over the top is causing us problems, the need a rocket at half time.
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:54 pm

This game's crying out for Grealish, need some guile, him and Hourihane should be brought on.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Periscope link.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:19 pm

We're dreadful, Hutton in particular, gives the ball away so many times, and when we have a throw, it's like he's wasting time for the opposition.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Yep. Utter utter shit. We are only capsble of hoofing it into the box. Bruce should get the sack before Christmas

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Today's the perfect illustration as to why we don't stand a chance of automatic promotion, and if we manage to make the play-offs, we'll more than likely be outclassed in them by an half decent side.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 pm

HOOOOOOF

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:58 pm

There should have been way more injury time than that played. Nevertheless we were absolutely dreadful, always second to the lose balls, no urgency going forward, looked absolutely clueless in the final third, big mistake dropping Hourihane.

Can't even take advantage at home against Millwall, when both Wolves and Sheffield United drop points. Better pray that Reading beat Cardiff, otherwise we have no chance whatsoever of automatic, after today, we'll be lucky to make the play-offs.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Yes we were terrible but lets not forget our forward line has been decimated, not happy just like everyone else but I know we just have to keep chipping away until we can rectify things. UTV.
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Joppe84 wrote:HOOOOOOF

Yup and against a team like Millwall we were second best, fingers crossed we sort it in the transfer window. I have to say we havent had any help from players bought for big fees who have been very unprofessional, & injuries. Keep the faith, 2018 could surprise us.lol!
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:26 pm

If Cardiff win on Monday we'll be nine points behind them, we won't be recovering from that; it's alright saying they'll go on a bad run at some point, but we're just not good enough to take advantage.

As for January Bruce will just bring in more past it players who will slow the team down.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 pm

For me the only way to change the style of football is replace the Manager and head coach, it's all hoof football, at this rate we will be lucky to be in the playoffs, Bruce will come up with the same old tactics if he gets more players in the new year. He has only one way to play football and we have been watching it for to long, rant over. UTV.
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:47 pm

@Saunders82 wrote:Yes we were terrible but lets not forget our forward line has been decimated, not happy just like everyone else but I know we just have to keep chipping away until we can rectify things. UTV.

I'm sorry, but the forward argument is a non starter. We aren't creating chances. We could have Yorke, Benteke and Angel, would make fuck all difference when the rest of the team is coached as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Bruce has just admitted that he was wrong to drop Hourihane and he'll be playing next week, but it's a bit late now. He also called Millwall a very decent team, and said he tried to match them physically; if you're meant to be one of the best teams in the division you don't worry about matching the opposition, you play your own game, especially against teams near the bottom of the table. You wouldn't think it considering how long he played for Man Utd, but Bruce really does seem to have small club syndrome, goes into every game as if we're the underdogs.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Well I am totally exasperated and hoarse from shouting at them to show an ounce of urgency and any sort of tempo!
Utterly deflated as that once again was utter crap, nothing changes, nothing at all, can't face watching any more, really can't.

Johnstone easily MOM, absolutely superb especially in the first half when we should have been at least two goals down.

Whelan, just because he has a good game in every four doesn't mean he is any good, a snail would be quicker.

Onomah, just fail to see anything in him at all, I would send him back, he loves his little flicks that achieve absolutely nothing but I suppose it boosts his ego!

Davis looks absolutely shattered and desperately needs a rest.

Millwall played very well, played as a team and supported one another superbly, their midfield were especially effective at supporting their strikers. Millwall were by far the better team, surprised me how well they played.

Positives: We kept a clean sheet and we didn't lose... brilliant!

P.S. Grealish played well when he came on, should have started!

Last edited by achilles on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:20 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce has just admitted that he was wrong to drop Hourihane and he'll be playing next week, but it's a bit late now. He also called Millwall a very decent team, and said he tried to match them physically; if you're meant to be one of the best teams in the division you don't worry about matching the opposition, you play your own game, especially against teams near the bottom of the table. You wouldn't think it considering how long he played for Man Utd, but Bruce really does seem to have small club syndrome, goes into every game as if we're the underdogs.

If he believes he made a mistake then why not correct it instead of bringing on Elmo for Hutton? Very damming in my opinion and just one more reason why he needs to be replaced.

LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Terrible game
Terrible performance
Terrible result

Johnstone the only player to come out of it with some pride intact
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:24 pm

That spurs lad is pretty underwhelming. Anyone know why he is playing over O'Hare and Grealish?

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Joppe84 wrote:That spurs lad is pretty underwhelming. Anyone know why he is playing over O'Hare and Grealish?

I am afraid he is my pet 'hate' at the moment as he is offering nothing that another of our players couldn't do, if not better, so what is the point?
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce has just admitted that he was wrong to drop Hourihane and he'll be playing next week, but it's a bit late now. He also called Millwall a very decent team, and said he tried to match them physically; if you're meant to be one of the best teams in the division you don't worry about matching the opposition, you play your own game, especially against teams near the bottom of the table. You wouldn't think it considering how long he played for Man Utd, but Bruce really does seem to have small club syndrome, goes into every game as if we're the underdogs.

Yep. Spot on. Between this and (as LV pointed out) failure to correct his own acknowledged mistakes, makes him a massive waste of time.

I fell asleep after 15 minutes but thought we were ok up to then. Sounds like I dozed off at just the right time.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:19 am

@LVBrit wrote:

If he believes he made a mistake then why not correct it instead of bringing on Elmo for Hutton? Very damming in my opinion and just one more reason why he needs to be replaced.

At that point with us needing a goal, he could have brought on our £12m pound striker Hogan, rather than pointlessly swapping a right-back for another right-back. Just goes to show that Bruce was more worried about the defensive side of things than actually trying to get the winner.

It's not going to happen, but I honestly think sacking him or not sacking him, is going to be the difference between another season in this division and promotion.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am

@Saunders82 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:HOOOOOOF

Yup and against a team like Millwall we were second best, fingers crossed we sort it in the transfer window. I have to say we havent had any help from players bought for big fees who have been very unprofessional, & injuries. Keep the faith, 2018 could surprise us.lol!  

Brilliant idea let's watch Bruce bring in more decent players for him to completely ruin with his brand of Anti-football!!!!

Get Bruce out now the season is fucked already by this fucktard of a manager!!!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 am

I'm no fan of Bruce, I accept he is the boss but certainly wouldn't pick him (or wouldn't have picked him) but I'm seeing a lot of histrionics going on all over the shop from Villa fans. We say "what the fuck are they being coached to do?" but if you looked at Bruce's reactions yesterday's team clearly weren't delivering the plan - that's not to say Steve has a good method/strategy, but he was on the verge of going nuclear at times.

Fact is, whether they've been fulfilling his orders or going into business for themselves, the football and spirit within the team has improved - leaders are emerging and some absolutely cracking performances have been delivered by a number of players. Yesterday, it just didn't happen but we've seen that it can. Reckon Wolves fans will be happy being held to a goalless draw, at home, by Blunderland? Reckon Sheffield United fans were happy losing 1-2 at home to Bristol? Trust me when I say I've seen and heard the big pendulum swing of emotions when it comes to Derby County.

We've still got this mentality that this league is below us, that we shouldn't be so accepting of good-not-great performances. But we are where we are - we weren't deserving of a place in the Premier League and got relegated from it which was in some ways a long time coming. We are not entitled and as bitter a pill as it is to swallow, we need to earn out way back. The past is exactly that, it's done and dusted.

We all want our club to achieve, but it is not a right. We don't have to cast our minds back too far to think of games that were far worse than yesterday afternoon.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum