The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by achilles on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

avatar
achilles



Posts : 2311
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by achilles on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:40 pm

A couple of years ago now!

avatar
achilles



Posts : 2311
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 pm

He looks great! Albert had better watch his back.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2430
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:34 am

We're being linked with Jonathan Walters, I hope not, he works hard but that's about it, which is fine in some teams, but we need quality not more workhorses. Ulloa also linked, can't really understand the clamor for us to sign him to be honest, seems a bit overrated to me, he'd make more sense than Walters and would offer some similar qualities to Davis, but his goal-scoring record isn't great, and we really need someone to put the ball in the back of the net for us, a match winner.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by FoxyAV on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:11 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:We're being linked with Jonathan Walters, I hope not, he works hard but that's about it, which is fine in some teams, but we need quality not more workhorses. Ulloa also linked, can't really understand the clamor for us to sign him to be honest, seems a bit overrated to me, he'd make more sense than Walters and would offer some similar qualities to Davis, but his goal-scoring record isn't great, and we really need someone to put the ball in the back of the net for us, a match winner.

Let's just run through the requirements:

1. Can he put his boots on? Yes.
2. Can he stand up? Yes.
3. Is he a man? Yes.

Seems fine to me, that covers Bruce's requirements. Now for us:

1. Is he tall and able to bring down long balls? Er, I have no idea and neither does Bruce (see Hogan).
2. Can he either score us the goals to help get us promoted OR not score enough and help make Xia's decision on a new manager that much easier? Who knows. But whoever we bring in is coming into a make or break situation.
3. Does his surname rhyme with anything other than 'falters'? Hmm, 'alters', 'Gibralters', 'halters', 'defaulters' and at a push 'daughters' and 'slaughters'. So, Walters takes your daughters (wearing halters) to the slaughter at the alters in Gibralter? Day job etc etc etc.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this. I suspect we need to look at who has the best stats and is currently sitting unused at a club like Chelsea, Spurs or whatever. Or we hope Samba gets well soon so he can be our point man.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2430
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by achilles on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:06 pm

It worries me just who we will end up with as Bruce doesn't inspire me with his transfer dealings.
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2311
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 am

Having Bruce sign more players is just moronic. Firstly most of them will be shit. Secondly most of them will have to be replaced when we finally get a proper manager. Thirdly we have a youth squad we should be utilizing. And fourth, if we by chance get promoted, they would also all have to go.

Just no. Sack this useless shitbag and let a new manager have whatever we got.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by FoxyAV on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:24 am

Joppe84 wrote:Having Bruce sign more players is just moronic. Firstly most of them will be shit. Secondly most of them will have to be replaced when we finally get a proper manager. Thirdly we have a youth squad we should be utilizing. And fourth, if we by chance get promoted, they would also all have to go.

Just no. Sack this useless shitbag and let a new manager have whatever we got.

The fact that he's complaining about having no money to spend suggests we'll only be looking for loans, which is only a good thing. I'd love him gone but that doesn't seem to be happening so loans to the end of the season is by far the best case scenario. I'm still thinking two strikers and one defender.

Oh, I've just had a worrying thought, what if we bring in one defender and one striker and when Samba's fit he's used as the big target man?
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2430
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Has to be loans. It'd be mental for the board to let Bruce sign a bunch of players. Even pro-Bruce-ers suspect he'll be given the boot even if we go up, so if he's allowed to spend but he'll be gone at the end of the season whether we go up or not the new manager will be left with an overstuffed squad & a selling job - not very attractive.

avatar
Dions_Bald_Head



Posts : 1011
Reputation : 799
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by achilles on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Yes, it will definitely be loans, perhaps with an option to buy, especially with this FFP constantly hanging over our heads!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 2311
Reputation : 1386
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by The Utterer on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 am

So..... Who's excited to see what happens in the Jan window?! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana



avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1249
Reputation : 1167
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:33 pm

So the papers are claiming we're in for Nick Powell from Wigan. Seen a lot of misinformed pr/cks on twitter claiming he's "rubbish" and "I wouldn't take him for free". Typical response from idiots who don't know what they are talking about. Firstly, Powell is actually a VILLA FAN, as THIS article mentions. Secondly he's only 23 and had a tough time a few years ago after moving to Man Utd and suffering with injuries. His talent was never in question though and he's managed to stay fit and is doing brilliantly right now. Ten goals from midfield for Wigan this season. I think he'd be a smart move for a limited fee as he's only gonna have one year on his contract after this season so he shouldn't cost much at all.

THIS is him scoring a HATTRICK for Wigan last season IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.


Last edited by AstonThriller on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Do we need more midfielders?!

I'd imagine if anything Bruce will want a couple more defensive midfielders as cover for Whelan and Jedi.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2430
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:58 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:Do we need more midfielders?!

I'd imagine if anything Bruce will want a couple more defensive midfielders as cover for Whelan and Jedi.

I don't think you can have enough attacking midfielders. Especially ones who score goals and are set-piece experts like Powell is. No doubt he'll need to bring in a striker and defensive player aswell though.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Dazzle on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:02 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:So the papers are claiming we're in for Nick Powell from Wigan. Seen a lot of misinformed pr/cks on twitter claims he's "rubbish" and "I wouldn't take him for free". Typical response from idiots who don't know what they are talking about. Firstly, Powell is actually a VILLA FAN, as THIS article mentions. Secondly he's only 23 and had a tough time a few years ago after moving to Man Utd and suffering with injuries. His talent was never in question though and he's managed to stay fit and is doing brilliantly right now. Ten goals from midfield for Wigan this season. I think he'd be a smart move for a limited fee as he's only gonna have one year on his contract after this season so he shouldn't cost much at all.

THIS is him scoring a HATTRICK for Wigan last season IN THE CHAMPION.

Nothing in that hat trick that suggests anything special for this division. A free kick that should never have gone through both defender and keeper in a horrendous cock up, a tap in from another keeper fumble, and a penalty. If that’s the extent of our scouting network/player recruitment then I question Steve Round and his team. The current villa team requires a front man and a decent left sided attacker, first and foremost
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 967
Reputation : 1150
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 45
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Pretty typical if we sign young players from other clubs rather than utilizing our own young players. Swear to McGrath  the idiots managing this club does my head in

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:40 pm

@Dazzle wrote:

Nothing in that hat trick that suggests anything special for this division. A free kick that should never have gone through both defender and keeper in a horrendous cock up, a tap in from another keeper fumble, and a penalty. If that’s the extent of our scouting network/player recruitment then I question Steve Round and his team. The current villa team requires a front man and a decent left sided attacker, first and foremost

Er, no-one is saying that the bloke is Zidane, the fact is he's a goalscoring midfielder who has experience in our division and will most likely cost very little. If you think they are gonna spend big bucks on signings next month then I think you'll be disappointed.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Dazzle on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@Dazzle wrote:

Nothing in that hat trick that suggests anything special for this division. A free kick that should never have gone through both defender and keeper in a horrendous cock up, a tap in from another keeper fumble, and a penalty. If that’s the extent of our scouting network/player recruitment then I question Steve Round and his team. The current villa team requires a front man and a decent left sided attacker, first and foremost

Er, no-one is saying that the bloke is Zidane, the fact is he's a goalscoring midfielder who has experience in our division and will most likely cost very little. If you think they are gonna spend big bucks on signings next month then I think you'll be disappointed.

I’m not expecting a big bucks signing, so disappointment won’t be on my doorstep.................unless we sign some nobody who has done alright in the 3rd tier of English football because he’s cheap. And that’s what Powell would be. We’re fine in midfield. We’re very short up top because of the way the management insists on us playing.
avatar
Dazzle



Posts : 967
Reputation : 1150
Join date : 2014-08-10
Age : 45
Location : Oxford

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:09 pm

I imagine Powell would cost around £1m, which isn't cheap for us in our FFP predicament, which is why i doubt these stories, unless Lansbury is leaving as rumoured.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:04 pm

@Dazzle wrote:
I’m not expecting a big bucks signing, so disappointment won’t be on my doorstep.................unless we sign some nobody who has done alright in the 3rd tier of English football because he’s cheap. And that’s what Powell would be. We’re fine in midfield. We’re very short up top because of the way the management insists on us playing.

Such an ignorant statement leads me to believe you haven't seen much of Powell tbh. This is a kid who was signed by Man Utd not long ago and has undoubted ability. This season he's tearing up league one and has previously played very well in the championship which just happens to be the division we're currently in. No-one is saying we don't need a striker, all I'm saying is we could still do with adding a little more quality to our midfield aswell.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Hourihane is our dead ball specialist, and he's pretty good at it too.

We have a load of midfielders already, what we don't have is a manager who knows how to put the two or three in the middle in the correct positions. It must be incredibly difficult for him trying to fit as many DMs on the pitch at the same time, although three in Onomah, Whelan and Jedi was rather impressive.

I wouldn't put it past Bruce to try to sign one or two more DMs. I really have no idea what he's doing with the starting 11 every week. It's as if he doesn't actually watch what's going on and can't identify our weaknesses.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2430
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:25 pm

If Powell is the player that Alan Nixon has been hinting at, then I wouldn't read too much into it, apart from when we signed all those players from the French league, because he knew the agent involved he's constantly been wrong with his information on us.

Grujić on loan from Liverpool is probably more likely.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Gordonsleftboot on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Johnston gone? Reports that he's off the the Baggies. I guess that is what you get when you loan and don't buy. If true, this is a big loss.
avatar
Gordonsleftboot



Posts : 202
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2014-05-19
Location : Where I want to be

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by De Kuip on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:27 pm

If true, maybe he's gone in order to protect the tendons in his foot from all the hoofing Bruce has made him do......
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 2899
Reputation : 3700
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Boldfinger on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:29 pm

Just read that man Utd have recalled Johnston after agreeing a £4 million pound fee with the baggies.
WTF we playing at, if his fee is £4 million then we should have had this deal done and dusted.
If it is true then we need an able replacement, he has saved us in many games this season.
A big loss imho.

Boldfinger



Posts : 707
Reputation : 1027
Join date : 2016-01-03
Age : 46
Location : somewhere over the rainbow

Back to top Go down

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum