The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

+14
Army villain
De Kuip
Fpuppys
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dazzle
Wriggle
achilles
danclare82
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread Empty Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

Post by AstonThriller Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Don't really know what to expect tbh. We're coming off a great win on the road against QPR and we're at home to a side that is rock bottom. On the face of it, this should be a win. But yesterday I saw my Chiefs lose to a side that was absolutely as rock bottom as you can get whilst also riddled with injuries. So my mindset has changed now. The Coleman factor looms large here. We should expect them to be fired up at the very least so we may have to weather the odd storm early on. Lewis Grabben and Aiden Mcgeady can be dangerous aswell. Defensively though they've had massive problems so I expect to see goals tomorrow.

Whether we grind out a tight win or blitz them in a comfortable victory the only thing that matters is those three points tomorrow. Because I see some of our rivals slipping up over these next few days.

Anyway it's likely to be the same team that won at QPR although I wonder if Elmo might get a recall in place of Hutton? Let's just hope the boys to get the job done.

COME ON VILLA!!! Scarf Waving
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:15 pm

0-3 loss

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Have to win this if we have any aspirations of finishing in the top two, Cardiff, Wolves and Sheffield United keep picking up points, and we have to be equally relentless if we're to catch them. Would be nice to see Davis get on the score-sheet, we could do with him getting a bit of a confidence boost in that regard being as though he's our only fit striker, we're going to need Hourihane and Snodgrass chipping in with more goals as well.

Just hope Sunderland don't suddenly turn into Atlético Madrid, which would just be our luck.
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Sunderland are shite.
Coleman is shite.
But dead cat bounce means I'm expecting a draw.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Seems pretty the whole of the Sunderland midfield is either out injured or suspended, with the exception of McGeady. Mind with the way they've been playing that might be a blessing in disguise for them.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm

6-1 win again
danclare82
danclare82

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Half expected the worse last Saturday but we played well and deservedly won but we have to continue that form and even up it as we have to win our home games if we have any aspirations of promotion.

Yes, it would be nice to repeat that feat again (i.e. 6 - 1) if I remember right we were pretty shit coming into that game so it was a total surprise so let us hope for another surprise tomorrow. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 am

4-0
Wriggle
Wriggle

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:56 am

This is the game to inject freshness and surprise upon the opposition, a home game against the bottom side that follows a good win on the road. This is the game to give O’Hare a start and see what the team does for 45 minutes. O’Hare could allow this starting 11 to function in either a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1. I think Coleman will be expecting the same starting 11 from the QPR game, a bit of a tweak might give us a starting advantage

......................................Johnstone..................................
Hutton..................Chester................Samba...............Taylor
............Onomah................O’Hare..............Hourihane...........
......Snodgrass...................................................Adomah.....
......................................Davis.........................................

Give that starting eleven 45 minutes to go and fuck Sunderland up! Bench of; Steer, Elmohamady, Jedinak, Lansbury, Grealish, Lyden, Whelan.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 am

No way Bruce will change the side, especially to leave the slug out (i.e. Whelan).
Bruce is nothing if not predictable!
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am

A win would be good and those above us to lose.
Cmon Villa
NARLA24
NARLA24

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:27 am

I'm going for a 2-0 win to us.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:46 am

All wins are important but it would really do us good to put some space away from the 8-11 placed teams. Assuming we have the mental toughness not to relax, it would be a chance to pick up some momentum/confidence that can influence the teams we play.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

3-0 win. I'm sure that's what Joppe meant to say.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I think Bruce will stick with the same team that played on Saturday. Whelan keeps the ball better than Jedinak, and I don't think either of Adomah or Snodgrass will be dropped for O'Hare or Grealish, unless he's brave and plays one of them in central midfield with Onomah and Hourihane.

Got an horrible feeling about this game, shame on us if we can't beat bottom of the table depleted Sunderland, but I can't but help thinking that we're going to somehow conspire to lose the game.

A large victory would be nice, it's been too long since we scored five goals in a game.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:59 pm

4-1 all day long, Samba to score one for them by slicing a clearance past Johnstone.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm

3-1 villa I reckon
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm

As expected by most, pretty much the same as Saturday only Elmo replaces O'Hare on the bench

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread Dplva410
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:55 pm

No way would I even have Bjarnasson on the bench. I had high hopes when he signed but the blokes a fecking liability. No ohare in the bench at home against bottom of the table. If he's not even in the squad for a game like this he might as well leave and go to a club that not only recognises his talent but actually utilises it.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Absurd to drop O'Hare, especially with him being able to play up front, it's only really Grealish on the bench who can affect the game in the final third.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:58 pm

3-0 UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Sunderland team looks really weak, especially in midfield.

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread DPLavqQX4AEm2vh
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Fpuppys wrote:As expected by most, pretty much the same as Saturday only Elmo replaces O'Hare on the bench

Aston Villa vs Sunderland match thread Dplva410

I’m sorry, I know it’s pre-game only, but how the hell can anyone explain O’Hare being dropped and Bananason getting a place in the first team? The poor kid must be completely perplexed. Perhaps Bruce thinks O’Hare hates the cold and wet and so has saved him from a miserable night?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Sunderland bottom of the table depleted line-up, yet we still somehow conspire to let them have seventy-one percent of the ball.

Adomah's goal https://streamable.com/6iy8r
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Sunderland bottom of the table depleted line-up, yet we still somehow conspire to let them have seventy-one percent of the ball.

Adomah's goal https://streamable.com/6iy8r
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next