The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Fulham Match thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Villa v Fulham Match thread

Post by avfc forever on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Really pleased with the win thought we played well.
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:02 pm

As already mentioned the three in midfield made a massive difference especially with Onomah stepping up to the task!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 am

@achilles wrote:As already mentioned the three in midfield made a massive difference especially with Onomah stepping up to the task!

But is that because we need 3 men, or because we always play with Whelan who has no legs and no engine?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 am

I know he gave away the free-kick on Saturday, but all in all, I don't think Whelan is as bad as people make out. I prefer him to Jedinak myself, at least more often than not Whelan manages to pass to one of his teammates. And lets not forget we've just won five games in the last six with him in the side, and lost one in ten.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:38 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know he gave away the free-kick on Saturday, but all in all, I don't think Whelan is as bad as people make out. I prefer him to Jedinak myself, at least more often than not Whelan manages to pass to one of his teammates. And lets not forget we've just won five games in the last six with him in the side, and lost one in ten.

I heard Onomah had a very good game. He has energy and can score goals and can do a lot of what Whelan does best. Unfortunately what I've seen of Whelan is a lack of speed and energy. He appears to fulfil Bruce's requirements of standing up and being a real man, looking sufficiently angry and making the occasional furious tackle but I'm afraid for me he looks too much like an Elmo. I think Whelan and Elmo have a place on the bench but not starting. Elmo can cover both RB and right wing and Whelan can come on to protect a lead (for example if we want to go 4-5-1 and lose an attacking player). It'll ultimately come down to one of them being injured, although I can see Jedi coming in to cover Whelan and us being back to square one.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

I agree that we should be able to play Hourihane and Onomah as a two, or if a three is needed throw in Lansbury or Doyle-Hayes. Some games might suit Whelan or Jedinak, but I think Bruce will always have one of them in the team regardless of the opposition.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum